Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Antonio Callaway

While I don't love him this week, his schedule from 7-14 (minus the bye) offers a ton of potential. Will he take advantage? I'm not sure, but I'm resisting the temptation for better one week options to hold him and hoping he steps up. With Higgins out a couple of weeks, there's a chance he blows up.

If Gabriel wasn't on waivers then I would have kept him. Gabriel seems to be Mitch's preferred target. Robinson doesn't look great, just solid. My hope is that Mitch and Nagy can figure out ways to get the dynamic Gabriel chances to make big plays consistently. Callaway is not on Gabriel's level, but I wasn't sure of that a few weeks ago. After watching him with Mayfield, and I could be wrong, I just see a guy who definitely needs more time to get used to the pro level

If Gabriel wasn't on waivers then I would have kept him. Gabriel seems to be Mitch's preferred target. Robinson doesn't look great, just solid. My hope is that Mitch and Nagy can figure out ways to get the dynamic Gabriel chances to make big plays consistently. Callaway is not on Gabriel's level, but I wasn't sure of that a few weeks ago. After watching him with Mayfield, and I could be wrong, I just see a guy who definitely needs more time to get used to the pro level

I dumped Stills for Gabriel this week to cover AB's bye in week 7, and I like him for this week as well. I have Brown and Tyreek Hill, so I'm willing to use my reserve WR spots on guys like Gabriel and Callaway for the upside. If they bust out they're much easier to drop and replace.

• Like 1

Heres a fun statistic, thru week 6...

40 Targets, 15 Rec

Take that for whatever its worth.

Pitiful. Dropped 2 TD's Sunday.

Pitiful. Dropped 2 TD's Sunday.

Really? That's pretty awful. I dropped him already. Why is he even in the NFL if his hands are that bad?

He's a waste of space that cares more about partying than football. Have we seen this before in Cleveland.

Thanks John Dorsey. Thanks a LOT!!!!!!!

So he gets good separation but just can't hold it?

What is up with Landry? He is also not catching at a good rate.

Njoku may be the best target there.

Maybe it's just the QB with poor accuracy.

So he gets good separation but just can't hold it?

What is up with Landry? He is also not catching at a good rate.

Njoku may be the best target there.

Maybe it's just the QB with poor accuracy.

Everybody dubbed Mayfield as the next coming of Joe Montana because he had good half of football in his first appearance in the NFL. Too bad, so sad. 55% completion %, 4 TDs 5 INTs in 4.5 games. And half the board here wants to cut down Trubisky. :banana:

Put me in the glutton for punishment category but I actually like Callaway this week. TB secondary as bad as it gets, and the brownies have no choice but to play him.

Everybody dubbed Mayfield as the next coming of Joe Montana because he had good half of football in his first appearance in the NFL. Too bad, so sad. 55% completion %, 4 TDs 5 INTs in 4.5 games. And half the board here wants to cut down Trubisky. :banana:

Mayfield will be good. His receivers are horrendous and he is playing for one of the absolute shittiest coaches to ever Grace the game

• Like 1

Put me in the glutton for punishment category but I actually like Callaway this week. TB secondary as bad as it gets, and the brownies have no choice but to play him.

Ah, we finally agree on something. I'd rather have a WR that drops two TDs than a receiver that doesn't get any endzone targets. TBD is a place where WRs run free. Calloway is going to get targets and he just needs to make it count to be a high upside WR3.

Jeez, we are so impatient as a society.

We are on week 7. Mahomes is a god. Baker (whos played three games?) is underperforming. Callaway cant catch.

Lets maybe sit back at least another week or ten, and see how this all plays out.

Jeez, we are so impatient as a society.

We are on week 7. Mahomes is a god. Baker (whos played three games?) is underperforming. Callaway cant catch.

Lets maybe sit back at least another week or ten, and see how this all plays out.

And by then the season is over. Thanks for playing

I'd rather have Tyler Lockett and John Brown on my bench and Calloway on waivers, oh yea that's exactly what I have.

Callaway owners still holding or have you already jumped ship? He could explode in the second half of the season once he starts figuring things out. Im gonna be patient.

Not looking good. Jumped ship weeks ago.