Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Joe Flacco is waaaayyy better than eli manning

I picked up Flacco while Wentz was out but started Garoppolo until this week.

I started Flacco over Wentz today. Winner winner chicken dinner.

eli manning has 1 more superbowl win than Flacco, but Flacco is producing more with less weapons on offense.

Flacco = HOF consideration dude but doesn't get in.

eli manning = HOF consideration dude because his defense carried him to 2 titles but is worse than Flacco so he does not belong in.

Glad I played Flacco today. Hope you manning lovers like your results today.

Now I admit that I was wrong on the 0-7 start for the Giants, but I am 3-1 so far on that prediction.

Most people here think that Barkley was the best choice for that crap team for the future. But RBs get killed in this league and the giants will still be stuck with manning. Eeeewww. Bad move.

Eli is horrible. Giants + Eli = Dems + Hillary

.....make the same mistake and expect different results

• Like 1

Eli is horrible. Giants + Eli = Dems + Hillary

.....make the same mistake and expect different results

Absolutely true.

This is a interesting post.

So based on today’s games Eli isn’t better over all then Flacco.

But I guess he is over all better then.

Rodgers who scored 17.9 points today.

Brees who only scored 10.8 today.

And Big Ben who scored 16.7.

But Eli scored 18.7 today.

Flacco scored 30.1 today.

So I guess today D Carr should be a consideration for the HOF I mean he did score 39.8 ff points today.

Hey great post.

I bet you waited and thought about it all week long.

God Bless.

Eli had a 59.3 QBR to Brees QBR of 36.9. The analytics have actually been pretty good for Eli, he is well over 70% completion. Lousy line and sub-par defense are the main culprits to Gmen slow start

Eli needs to retire with some dignity. He pitiful.

This is why I thought the giants made a terrible draft pick this year. Barkley is showing to be good and all, but crap, barkley is not going to win that team a title on his own. And neither is manning. He is done. The giants are just wasting time. I predicted they would start out this year 0-7. I wasn't correct on that but I am 3-1 with them up to this point.

They would be in much better position if they had a guy like Darnold waiting in the wings. Or even starting him.

Eli has outplayed Darnold by almost every metric, another absurd of the seemingly never-ending supply you present on this bored...

Eli had a 59.3 QBR to Brees QBR of 36.9. The analytics have actually been pretty good for Eli, he is well over 70% completion. Lousy line and sub-par defense are the main culprits to Gmen slow start

That 70% is because against the Cowboys he threw 16 screen passes in Barkley's direction.

He attempted 44 passes that game and didn't reach 300 yards and they only scored 13 points.

In his career has a 60% completion rate.

And his record as starting QB is 112-106.

Eli has outplayed Darnold by almost every metric, another absurd of the seemingly never-ending supply you present on this bored...

It's because Darnold is a rookie. A lot of good QBs suck their first year or two.

Go look up Steve Young, John Elway, Troy Aikman, etc..

Picking a QB in the draft is for the future. Of which, the giants have none.

Facts are stubborn things...

Ok. Let's use these facts. This year, the giants are 1-3. Fact. And they have scored over 20 points in only 1 game. Fact.

How does manning so amazingly have over a 70% completion percentage, what some people here this is the greatest RB of all time, and the greatest WR since Jerry Rice? Yet, very little scoring.

Excuses, Excuses, like the one you'll make when I remind you that all preseason you posted here over and over and over again, that Barkley would be a bust because he only averaged 2 yards a carry in a single game against Rutgers. A game that he scored 2 touchdowns in that you always conveniently left out. At least your persistent in being wrong, I will give you that...

• Like 1

It's because Darnold is a rookie. A lot of good QBs suck their first year or two.

Go look up Steve Young, John Elway, Troy Aikman, etc..

Picking a QB in the draft is for the future. Of which, the giants have none.

Eli went to the playoffs his first four years as the starter.

Excuses, Excuses, like the one you'll make when I remind you that all preseason you posted here over and over and over again, that Barkley would be a bust because he only averaged 2 yards a carry in a single game against Rutgers. A game that he scored 2 touchdowns in that you always conveniently left out. At least your persistent in being wrong, I will give you that...

What excuses? I am giving you facts about manning and the giants decline because manning is their QB. How hard is that for you to understand? Easy peasy.

Eli went to the playoffs his first four years as the starter.

He was 1-6 in his first 7 starts in 2004 with a 48.2 completion %.

Year 2 his completion % was 52.8 with only 24 passing TDs 17 Ints.

Year 3 his completion % was 57 with only 24 passing TDs 18 Ints. and he was 8-8 as the starting QB

Year 4 his completion % was 57 with only 23 passing TDs and 20 Ints.

I'm sure manning was the reason those giant teams were so good.

Anyway, this thread is about the stupid move the giants made by taking an RB at #2 and that Flacco looks way better with less weapons on his offense.

He was 1-6 in his first 7 starts in 2004 with a 48.2 completion %.

Year 2 his completion % was 52.8 with only 24 passing TDs 17 Ints.

Year 3 his completion % was 57 with only 24 passing TDs 18 Ints. and he was 8-8 as the starting QB

Year 4 his completion % was 57 with only 23 passing TDs and 20 Ints.

I'm sure manning was the reason those giant teams were so good.

Anyway, this thread is about the stupid move the giants made by taking an RB at #2 and that Flacco looks way better with less weapons on his offense.

So, the Giants went to the playoffs Elis first four years as a starter. Like I said.

So, the Giants went to the playoffs Elis first four years as a starter. Like I said.

He is right up there with Mark Rypien,Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and Nick Foles in the wonderful history of NFL superbowl winning QBs. Those guys tore up the league. But, he is still behind Joe Flacco this year and moving forward. Except Baltimore was smart, and they drafted a QB. :)

He is right up there with Mark Rypien,Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and Nick Foles in the wonderful history of NFL superbowl winning QBs. Those guys tore up the league. But, he is still behind Joe Flacco this year and moving forward. Except Baltimore was smart, and they drafted a QB. :)

Except he has two rings. That crew only has one.

• Like 1

Except he has two rings. That crew only has one.

You can't take those away. That's for sure. But his brother, barely won 2. And only because of a dominating defense. peyton manning had 141 yards passing with 0 TDs a fumble and an interception in for "his" second SB win.

If his team didn't win that game for him, would you being saying that eli was a better QB than peyton? I mean, if you are simply rating QBs on SB wins, then that is an easy list for you to put together. Dan Marino would be on the bottom with Vince Evans.

"my orange is better than your apple" :rolleyes:

people put WAY to much emphasis QB greatness based on team success. Switch them and Eli would have shredded the Steelers last night just like Flacco did because of the offensive line and Flacco would get destroyed in NY. I'm not sure at this point NY that Eli's offensive line could block me!

Eli gets the benefit of being drafted in the same class as Rivers and Roethlisberger and pulled into the "great" category because of those two. All things considered I'd rank them Rivers, Roethlisberger then Eli but people want to reward Eli and Ben for superbowls (and Flacco to a certain extent) and punish Rivers. The reality is that all of them belong in the "Hall of Really Good" although I would put Flacco on a tier below that. Statistically none ever lead in much of any categories for any season in which they played. All pale in comparison to Brady, Brees and Rodgers during their stint in the NFL. There's no willing this argument, stats can be produced in support of either guy, defenses helped, and luck played a huge part.

• Like 1

You can't take those away. That's for sure. But his brother, barely won 2. And only because of a dominating defense. peyton manning had 141 yards passing with 0 TDs a fumble and an interception in for "his" second SB win.

If his team didn't win that game for him, would you being saying that eli was a better QB than peyton? I mean, if you are simply rating QBs on SB wins, then that is an easy list for you to put together. Dan Marino would be on the bottom with Vince Evans.

I was comparing him to the guys you foolishly compared him to. Stay focused.

"my orange is better than your apple" :rolleyes:

people put WAY to much emphasis QB greatness based on team success. Switch them and Eli would have shredded the Steelers last night just like Flacco did because of the offensive line and Flacco would get destroyed in NY. I'm not sure at this point NY that Eli's offensive line could block me!

Eli gets the benefit of being drafted in the same class as Rivers and Roethlisberger and pulled into the "great" category because of those two. All things considered I'd rank them Rivers, Roethlisberger then Eli but people want to reward Eli and Ben for superbowls (and Flacco to a certain extent) and punish Rivers. The reality is that all of them belong in the "Hall of Really Good" although I would put Flacco on a tier below that. Statistically none ever lead in much of any categories for any season in which they played. All pale in comparison to Brady, Brees and Rodgers during their stint in the NFL. There's no willing this argument, stats can be produced in support of either guy, defenses helped, and luck played a huge part.

I agree with this. But I don't think manning is on the same tier as those other QBs. None of the guys you compared manning to deserve the HOF either. Brady is a lock today. Brees is a lock today. Rodgers probably tomorrow.

Those other dudes are in a completely different class. But I do like Rivers more than the others.

I always thought they should have an "Elite" wing of the HOF to separate the Brady's and Montana's from the good but not elite QBs

I agree with this. But I don't think manning is on the same tier as those other QBs. None of the guys you compared manning to deserve the HOF either. Brady is a lock today. Brees is a lock today. Rodgers probably tomorrow.

Those other dudes are in a completely different class. But I do like Rivers more than the others.

Eli is a lock whether you like it or not, but u have an open invitation to go w me to his induction ceremony...

Eli is a lock whether you like it or not, but u have an open invitation to go w me to his induction ceremony...

Haha. If there is a bunch of beer and they allow me to 'Boo', then I'm in.

I'm not saying you're not correct, but Eli shouldn't be a lock. QB's get way too much credit, particularly in todays pass-whacky offenses where scoring looks like a video game. Show me a three year stretch where Eli was the best QB in the league...hell, show me a 3 yr stretch where he was in the top 5. He's getting in on 2 fluky superbowls and longevity (although i will begrudgingly admit his career start streak was impressive). But that's the thing...it's no different for Roethlisberger. He's getting on 2 superbowl wins (one of which he earned and one of which the defense carried him) and longevity on a successful team. His QB win % helps, but he didn't win all those games. It's the hall of really good...none of them, Eli, Flacco, Roethlisberger or Rivers compares to the greatness of Brady, Brees and Rodgers.

I don't agree he is a lock. But time will tell. I know he has family that will campaign to the end for it though. I personally don't think he belongs.

I've never been to the HOF. Not sure how they present the players and coaches. But, what would you read if they had a script next to his picture or bust or whatever? His career stats or just would it say, QB of 2 SB winning teams?

I'm not saying you're not correct, but Eli shouldn't be a lock. QB's get way too much credit, particularly in todays pass-whacky offenses where scoring looks like a video game. Show me a three year stretch where Eli was the best QB in the league...hell, show me a 3 yr stretch where he was in the top 5. He's getting in on 2 fluky superbowls and longevity (although i will begrudgingly admit his career start streak was impressive). But that's the thing...it's no different for Roethlisberger. He's getting on 2 superbowl wins (one of which he earned and one of which the defense carried him) and longevity on a successful team. His QB win % helps, but he didn't win all those games. It's the hall of really good...none of them, Eli, Flacco, Roethlisberger or Rivers compares to the greatness of Brady, Brees and Rodgers.

I agree with you and even said as much above that there should be an elite wing in the HOF. Also I'm not even arguing whether Eli should or shouldn't be inducted, just that he will for whatever reason one feels comfortable rationalizing

Eli looks like dog poop out there.

Eli Manning currently has a higher passer rating than Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Russell Wilson...

Eli Manning currently has a higher passer rating than Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Russell Wilson...

Owned

And yet they score very few points. I would rather have the other 3. How about you? He had 14 receptions on dump offs to Barkley against the Cowboys. 13 points scored that game. That increases passer ratings but doesn't prove a QB is good.

And yet they score very few points. I would rather have the other 3.

So would I, but the data shows at the very least Eli has been okay, definitely not good.

Owned

I don't compute the data, just reported what it currently is.

Eli just found his bellybutton, he's not that good.

He just found it for a one yard completion. Great pass completion % right there.

Eli throws and has thrown one of the best deep balls in the league. That was his strong point under Gilbride. Then Macadoo got here and stopped that to go with a crap offensive line and it's just not a smart play. It's almost as if some of you didn't watch him until 3 years ago.

• Like 1

Eli throws and has thrown one of the best deep balls in the league. That was his strong point under Gilbride. Then Macadoo got here and stopped that to go with a crap offensive line and it's just not a smart play. It's almost as if some of you didn't watch him until 3 years ago.

Flacco has had and currently does have a waaaayyyy better deep ball. It's as if you haven't watched football ever in your life.