Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

I predicted the Giants to start out 0-7

That is not what you said, but I accept your clarification. Congrats on the Bears getting the 3rd best QB in his draft class, sort of like Josh Rosen in this one.

Nope. I'm saying most rookie QBs are bad for their first year or two. I like Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield. But you better be ready to lose for a couple years is all. As a Bears fan I'm loving them having Trubisky over a stud RB. And I like how their new coaches came out and said this year is more about Trubisky's development than anything. else.

Well, the Giants couldn't draft Mayfield. So we'll mark you down for Darnold. Got it.

Well, the Giants couldn't draft Mayfield. So we'll mark you down for Darnold. Got it.

Ok. I would rather lose developing a QB than lose by feeding the ball to my RB 169 times in the first 8 games of the season.

I would take any of them over prescott.

I would take Dak. But we're not talking about Dak. You seem to think Saquon Barkley was the wrong pick.

Why do you guys continue to take this fool's bait?

You can't convince a dumb@ss that getting the best player in the draft, maybe by a wide margin, is the best pick because he doesn't want to hear it. You can't convince him that the problems aren't all on Eli because he doesn't want to hear it. You can't convince him that picking any other player at any other position still would not make the Giants any good because he doesn't want to hear it. And when you point out the obvious, like Darnold, Rosen and Allen are all sh!ttastic at this point, he will do the obvious and insult someone from "your" team because he doesn't want to hear it.

Moving along...here fishy, fishy, fishy...

:rolleyes:

I would take Dak. But we're not talking about Dak. You seem to think Saquon Barkley was the wrong pick.

I do. Why take an RB at #2 overall that you are going to give over 300 touches so you can go, let's say 4-12, and then maybe get a QB the next year and start over then? And I have seen that some are comparing this giants team to the Rams.

The Rams have a top 3 oline and a very good defense.

Remember, this giants team is in sell mode as well.

You can't convince a dumb@ss that getting the best player in the draft, maybe by a wide margin, is the best pick because he doesn't want to hear it. You can't convince him that the problems aren't all on Eli because he doesn't want to hear it. You can't convince him that picking any other player at any other position still would not make the Giants any good because he doesn't want to hear it. And when you point out the obvious, like Darnold, Rosen and Allen are all sh!ttastic at this point, he will do the obvious and insult someone from "your" team because he doesn't want to hear it.

Moving along...here fishy, fishy, fishy..

Some of us will do just about anything to procrastinate, even engage with a troll... Still better than filling out those TPS Reports...

Moving along...here fishy, fishy, fishy...

:rolleyes:

You are one of the guys that thought Trubisky was crap. I would rather be in the Bear's situation than the giants any day.

You probably dumped on Steve Young and Brett Favre too.

That is not what you said, but I accept your clarification. Congrats on the Bears getting the 3rd best QB in his draft class, sort of like Josh Rosen in this one.

3rd best? Trubisky is top 7 this year in the whole league. Plus can't there be multiple franchise QBs coming out of 1 draft?

3rd best? Trubisky is top 7 this year in the whole league. Plus can't there be multiple franchise QBs coming out of 1 draft?

There can't be multiple busts ? Like Marriotta and Winston?

sure there can, third best to Watson and Mahomes could still be pretty good, that's why I congratulated you. I would like for my Bears Brethren to experience the Joys of winning Superbowls, maybe even behind a HOF QB. One day soon if your patient you just may understand...

Man, that Barkley pick is sure paying off.

It actually is. If he looked like a bust there would be a revolt. Instead he looks like a future Hall of Famer. Great pick.

It actually is. If he looked like a bust there would be a revolt. Instead he looks like a future Hall of Famer. Great pick.

Problem is, RBs are not as important as having a franchise QB.

We'll see. If Barkley carries the giants to a superbowl, I will show as being wrong. It's just that the shelf life of an RB is often times shorter, as less effective than a top notch QB.

sure there can, third best to Watson and Mahomes could still be pretty good, that's why I congratulated you. I would like for my Bears Brethren to experience the Joys of winning Superbowls, maybe even behind a HOF QB. One day soon if your patient you just may understand...

Mahomes is unreal. I don't think anyone but KC saw that coming. Even then...

I'm not putting Watson over Trubisky yet.

Problem is, RBs are not as important as having a franchise QB.

We'll see. If Barkley carries the giants to a superbowl, I will show as being wrong. It's just that the shelf life of an RB is often times shorter, as less effective than a top notch QB.

No, you'll show as being wrong if Darnold is a bust.

Most of the time there are.

Oh, seeing as Barkley was a sure thing, and QB's bust at a high rate, looks like the Giants aren't so dumb after all.

No, you'll show as being wrong if Darnold is a bust.

Ok. And you will show as wrong if the giants don't win a SB with Barkley. It's a bet.

Oh, seeing as Barkley was a sure thing, and QB's bust at a high rate, looks like the Giants aren't so dumb after all.

The goal is to win a SB. Not to have a good player on a losing team.

The Giants understand what it takes, and what it means to win Superbowls, unlike your team, who haven't been relevant in thirty years. But thanks for your concern...

The goal is to win a SB. Not to have a good player on a losing team.

Right. So tell me, how many QB's drafted in the top ten since 2000 have won those coveted Super Bowls? Hell, how many in the first round period?

Some of us will do just about anything to procrastinate, even engage with a troll... Still better than filling out those TPS Reports...

Wait, you have TPS reports too?! Hate those fockin' things...

You are one of the guys that thought Trubisky was crap. I would rather be in the Bear's situation than the giants any day.

You probably dumped on Steve Young and Brett Favre too.

I'm the one hung up on Saquon. You're not even a giants fan, so why care? So let's play a game...

1.02 - NY Giants take Sam Darnold - QB - USC

2.02 - NY Giants take Nick Chubb - RB - Georgia

Oh wait, the Giants still suck, let's try again:

2.02 - NY Giants take Will Hernandez - G - UTEP

3.02 - NY Giants take Royce Freeman - RB - Oregon

Nope, still suck, let's try again:

3.02 - NY Giants take Lorenzo Carter - OLB - Georgia

3.05 - NY Giants take Royce Freeman - RB - Oregon

Still suckage, let's go again:

3.05 - NY Giants take B.J Hill - DT - NC State

4.08 - NY Giants take Mark Walton - RB - Miami

Wait, they still suck. You seeing a pattern here corky? I, as GM for the Giants, waited until the 5th pick we had to take a RB and yet the GIANTS STILL SUCK! I drafted you a 1st round QB and guess what, SUCK! Thus far, not one of the first 4 alternative picks I picked are game changers, let alone transcendent players (to clarify, every pick except 1st one and the last one of each breakdown is the same). The Giants are currently competitive BECAUSE of Saquon, not in spite of him. They will pick nearly has high next year and will have a chance at what "might" be a better QB but will STILL have a transcendent back on their roster. Move along fishy, fishy...nothing to see here.

• Like 1

Wait, they still suck. You seeing a pattern here corky? Move along fishy, fishy...nothing to see here.

Love the name calling as an argument.

giants are 1-7 with no QB prospect. Glad they have an RB.

Love the name calling as an argument.

giants are 1-7 with no QB prospect. Glad they have an RB.

Giants fans seem very sensitive about how bad their team is and with no hope in the near future.

I dont care to engage in this goofy topic.

But what is the word on Darnold? I was high on him. Still am. Why does everyone act like he sucks and is looking totally lost? I think he is doing fine.

But what is the word on Darnold? I was high on him. Still am. Why does everyone act like he sucks and is looking totally lost? I think he is doing fine.

The cold seems to bother him. We'll see

I agree with you. He's a rookie with no offensive weapons. Give the guy a chance.

I'm the one hung up on Saquon. You're not even a giants fan, so why care? So let's play a game...

Wait, they still suck. You seeing a pattern here corky? I, as GM for the Giants, waited until the 5th pick we had to take a RB and yet the GIANTS STILL SUCK! I drafted you a 1st round QB and guess what, SUCK! Thus far, not one of the first 4 alternative picks I picked are game changers, let alone transcendent players (to clarify, every pick except 1st one and the last one of each breakdown is the same). The Giants are currently competitive BECAUSE of Saquon, not in spite of him. They will pick nearly has high next year and will have a chance at what "might" be a better QB but will STILL have a transcendent back on their roster. Move along fishy, fishy...nothing to see here.

Great rebuttal. Case closed. Sea foam loses, you win.

Sam I Am is not any better than the truly Great One, Saquon Barkley. Like you said, they were going to SUCK no matter which direction they went. Hopefully, Gmen will be able to see what Lauletta looks like BEFORE they decide what to do in this coming 2019 draft.

I think there is a high percentage chance Lauletta starts 1 or more games before this season mercifully concludes.

:thumbsup:

I think there is a high percentage chance Lauletta starts 1 or more games before this season mercifully concludes.

I may have to amend my earlier prediction:

NJ Advance Media's Ron Zeitlinger reports Giants backup QB Kyle Lauletta was arrested after almost striking an officer with his vehicle Tuesday morning

Great rebuttal. Case closed. Sea foam loses, you win.

Sam I Am is not any better than the truly Great One, Saquon Barkley. Like you said, they were going to SUCK no matter which direction they went. Hopefully, Gmen will be able to see what Lauletta looks like BEFORE they decide what to do in this coming 2019 draft.

Yep. You all prove you would rather start a rebuild with a running back. Then start selling off your D-line, etc., moving into the future. I'm guessing because you think that RBs on average are highly effective for many years, get injured less than any other position, are considered by all NFL teams to be the cornerstone of a championship run, and while selling off players in an attempt to start a rebuild, the RB is far and away the best way to begin a new era for their team.

Have fun with manning and the giants.

if the player is a transcendent talent it doesn't matter what position he plays. Get as many of those guys as possible and you'll be in good shape. See Rams, LA

if the player is a transcendent talent it doesn't matter what position he plays. Get as many of those guys as possible and you'll be in good shape. See Rams, LA

The Rams are a solid team all over the field. I don't put down your argument, it's just that the giants are so far away from being good. And if I were a fan of that team, I would be bummed that they are not even trying to move away from Eli. This would be the time for them to start developing a young QB like Darnold. But their leadership is afraid to let him go because like a lot of the people on this site it seems, the fans would freak out. Look what happened when the coach sat him last year for a game.

Now you get articles like this:

https://sports.yahoo.com/will-eli-manning-benched-bye-giants-coach-pat-shurmur-doesnt-want-go-004149255.html

"If New York Giants coach Pat Shurmur was simply considering what’s best for the future of his team, his quarterback choice would be fairly easy. He’d bench Eli Manning, or at least work in other quarterbacks.

But we went through this dance last season, and everyone saw the overwhelming amount of contempt heaped upon former coach Ben McAdoo for benching Manning last season. Manning is an icon in the organization. Nothing about the scenario is easy."

Barkley is exciting to watch as a fan. but so were Barry Sanders and Walter Payton. Those Bears and Lions teams lived in the gutter. And only a great defense helped Payton get a ring in his last days as a player.

I think the giants management is afraid to draft a QB in the first round as long as they have manning.

It is not a good time to be a Giants fan, but we have 4 Superbowls to help us through this tough period. My hope is one day you as a bears fan will get to experience decades of success...

It is not a good time to be a Giants fan, but we have 4 Superbowls to help us through this tough period. My hope is one day you as a bears fan will get to experience decades of success...

Yeah. Typical NY fan living in the past. I don't run my mouth about the 6 Bulls championships in 7 years, or the Cubs championship 2 years ago, or the Blackhawks 3 championships in 6 years fairly recently. It's a very lame thing to throw out there. Because it is not this year.

I would rather have this Bears team than this Giants team.

But you all have Barkley, so you are good to go.

This Is a fantasy football and ancillary football chat board. Why would you bring up basketball, zero relevance. You run your mouth more than anyone else here and get all defensive when called on your BS, so spare me the victim card, and stop writing checks your butt can't cash...

Man, that Barkley pick is sure paying off.

It really is.

You said it yourself in an earlier post on this same exact thread. They need O-Line, D-Line, a QB, amongst other things... last time I checked you cant pick 3 players with 1 pick.

They hit a homerun with their draft pick. Saquon will be a stud for years to come.

Why are you still active rooting against the Giants?

Imagine having a rookie QB behind that disaster of an O-line with a mega diva WR and ZERO running game to help ease the load.... Gallman and Darkwa were terrible. Thats not a recipe for success either.

Who should they have drafted seafoam? Specifically. Which player do you think they should have drafted? Assuming trading down is not an option I would like a simple answer and tell me how that other draft pick would help them this year?

As for going forward theyre no worse than they would be with anyone else. They still need to build and add pieces. Now they have a world class RB with their world class WR.