Sign in to follow this  
Squintz82

How bad is this trade?

I'm commish of a 12 team PPR league. I will never veto a trade, and there are no reviews. We generally have a trustworthy group, and sometimes have lopsided trades. But today was one of the worst I've ever seen, and wanted to get other opinions to see if I'm overreacting.

One owner just sent Lynch, Drake, and Chris Godwin for Deandre Hopkins.

Perfectly fair deal.

Hopkins is a bonafide wr1. Lynch is a semi decent RB2, Drake and Godwin are borderline flex. Plus factor in that the guy trading 3 buys the best player in the deal AND 2 free roster spots.

If Im the Hopkins owner Id turn that down unless I was desperate for RB help which he prob is.

Just curious, which side were you thinking gets the better end?

I'm commish of a 12 team PPR league. I will never veto a trade, and there are no reviews. We generally have a trustworthy group, and sometimes have lopsided trades. But today was one of the worst I've ever seen, and wanted to get other opinions to see if I'm overreacting.

While I'd take the Nuk side 100 times out of a 100, I am curious: Is this a Dynasty league? Because Godwin has at least decent value down the road in that setting.

I'm guessing the guy giving up Hopkins has been beat up with injuries or had a terrible draft, and is trying to balance out the roster.

I wouldn't block it.

If the team getting three players is desperate I could see someone taking it. I wouldn't, but were getting to a point where some teams need to start making desperation moves.

Alright, thanks for your input. I'm probably overreacting, but it feels like 3 quarters for a dollar. And again, blocking or vetoing was never a question.

While I'd take the Nuk side 100 times out of a 100, I am curious: Is this a Dynasty league? Because Godwin has at least decent value down the road in that setting.

No, redraft. Owner giving up Hopkins has Hilton as his WR1 and lost Ajayi. He's panicking.

The 3 quarters for a dollar seems like a pretty good analogy, but it's the Hopkins manager's choice so who knows. Maybe there's a fourth quarter stuck to one of the three that are visible.

Alright, thanks for your input. I'm probably overreacting, but it feels like 3 quarters for a dollar. And again, blocking or vetoing was never a question.

Thats only a loss of 25c though. Hes getting some value in return and possibly more if Drake somehow turned the switch on. Sometimes you accept 75c for a buck if you think the 75c could possibly earn some interest down the road.

When I can't even tell which side you think is getting hosed on the deal, that's probably a good sign it's not that bad of a deal.

Usually the team getting the clear stud is the one getting the better deal.

Lynch, Drake and Godwin (who I like) are all serviceable but this is three nickels for a quarter. I'd rather have the quarter in my line-up and replace the nickels through the waiver or trade of someone that isn't an anchor of my team.

Nothing wrong with it.