Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

The enemy of my enemy

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/410675-oil-industry-green-groups-join-to-oppose-trumps-ethanol-plan

President Trump is creating strange bedfellows with his proposal to expand ethanol sales, with some environmental groups and the oil industry opposing the new rule.

The groups have different reasons for pushing back against Trump’s plan to remove a key barrier to selling gasoline with 15 percent ethanol (E15), but both say it’s a bad policy and are contemplating suing the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) if it is finalized.

Interesting, what are the benefits, just lower emissions of the really nasty variety? Why do it I wonder?

Found it.

He loved it and pushed it.

Will be interesting to see how the media and the geeks treat these similarities in policy.

That should have no relevance on this discussion, who cares about the last administration they failed when it came to ethanol and now this administration is as well.

Bingo. Its just the trumpeteers who care about and bring up the past. People care about the here and now.

90 percent of average joes do not understand why ethanol is bad for your engine.

They will buy new cars every 3 years and that will become the normal lifespan

This is pretty big news on the fishing sites that i frequent. Everyone is pretty unhappy.

1. Raises the cost of food.

2. Increases the use of pesticide and fertilizer

3. Damages boat engines

4. Worsens fuel economy, ie a gallon of ethanol is less energy dense than a gallon of gasoline

5. Makes gasoline more expensive for the consumer

Fuel ethanol is in the top 10 bad decisions that the government has made in the last couple decades and trump is doubling down on that bad decision.

Most gas sold at marinas is ethanol free isn't it?

None of the marinas around me have ethanol free gas. From what I have gathered online, some marinas in some parts of the country have ethanol free gas.

RaceTrac and Quicktrip offer it. Valero and some BP stations as well.

Most gas sold at marinas is ethanol free isn't it?

Up here it is. :thumbsup:

Interesting, what are the benefits, just lower emissions of the really nasty variety? Why do it I wonder?

Helps farmers. Corn belt

This is pretty big news on the fishing sites that i frequent. Everyone is pretty unhappy.

1. Raises the cost of food.

2. Increases the use of pesticide and fertilizer

3. Damages boat engines

4. Worsens fuel economy, ie a gallon of ethanol is less energy dense than a gallon of gasoline

5. Makes gasoline more expensive for the consumer

Fuel ethanol is in the top 10 bad decisions that the government has made in the last couple decades and trump is doubling down on that bad decision.

Couldn't agree more.

Helps farmers. Corn

belt

The only reason it continues despite being a shitshow of Mammoth proportions in virtually every way?

Iowa is the first presidential primary.

No . That's how -up of a country we are.

if West Virginia was the first primary State, we'd probably be operating our military on Coal Fired engines.

The only reason it continues despite being a shitshow of Mammoth proportions in virtually every way?

Iowa is the first presidential primary.

No ######. That's how ######-up of a country we are.

if West Virginia was the first primary State, we'd probably be operating our military on Coal Fired engines.

I figure trump got unfairly kicked for the tariffs..this is a partial step to give a little back.

The ethanol lobby is a big azz mo fo and if you dont throw them a bone it could get challenging come election time.

Curious to know the congressional polling in states like Iowa. Wouldn't be surprised to see there are key districts in play there

I pulled back about a hundred million dollars in cash from the government surrounding biofuels legislation that they up. It was called Splash and Dash if you really want to look it up. We would literally get checks from the government. All we had to do was park a boatload of the nastiest farking bio sludge from Singapore or anywhere else and put like an ounce of diesel into a supertanker filled with corn , soy or rapeseed or any other so-called bio product? And magically the entire 10 million gallon boat became biofuel. And we got a dollar per gallon credit.

The government meant to draft legislation to encourage the manufacturer and consumption of domestic biofuels in America. But they up the legislation for years. Honest to God, the estimates of how much money are government gave back to oil companies and Traders were off the charts.

In the time it took took some poor dude to pour a pitcher of diesel fuel into a vlcc of soybean oil, I could fill out the one-page form and two weeks later get a check for millions of dollars.

Brazil does it right. They use sugar for their bio source not corn. Chemically it's a hell of a lot more productive. And the government doesn't have to bribe people to make, sell, or consume the crap.

In the states? The government subsidizes the production and the sale and the consumption about fuels. And they still can't get that shiit to sell.

Not with Permian Shale crude going for about a nickel a gallon.

I pulled back about a hundred million dollars in cash from the government surrounding biofuels legislation that they ###### up. It was called Splash and Dash if you really want to look it up. We would literally get checks from the government. All we had to do was park a boatload of the nastiest farking bio sludge from Singapore or anywhere else and put like an ounce of diesel into a supertanker filled with corn , soy or rapeseed or any other so-called bio product? And magically the entire 10 million gallon boat became biofuel. And we got a dollar per gallon credit.

The government meant to draft legislation to encourage the manufacturer and consumption of domestic biofuels in America. But they ###### up the legislation for years. Honest to God, the estimates of how much money are government gave back to oil companies and Traders were off the charts.

In the time it took took some yet stupor a picture of diesel fuel into a vlcc of soybean oil, I could fill out the one-page form and two weeks later get a check for millions of dollars.

Brazil does it right. They use sugar for their bio source not corn. Chemically it's a hell of a lot more productive. And the government doesn't have to bribe people to make, sell, or consume the crap.

In the states? The government subsidizes the production and the sale and the consumption about fuels. And they still can't get that shiit to sell.

Not with Permian Shale crude going for about a nickel a gallon.

Brazil is the largest sugar producer in the world. We grow a fock ton of corn. If we produced as much sugar as Brazil wed make ethanol out of that

Brazil is the largest sugar producer in the world. We grow a fock ton of corn. If we produced as much sugar as Brazil wed make ethanol out of that

There's a reason for that. We used to grow the out of sugar. There's a reason why Sugarland Texas is called Sugarland. But as per usual in this country, the corn Lobby came in, plowed a lot of that under and went with corn. The idea that we couldn't do both is laughable. But now that corn is King? Good luck trying to grow sugar of any significant size.

it's a really interesting read sometime if you get bored. ConAgra is a monster lobbyist.

There's a reason for that. We used to grow the ###### out of sugar. There's a reason why Sugarland Texas is called Sugarland. But as per usual in this country, the corn Lobby came in, plowed a lot of that ###### under and went with corn. The idea that we couldn't do both is laughable. But now that corn is King? Good luck trying to grow sugar of any significant size.

it's a really interesting read sometime if you get bored. ConAgra is a monster lobbyist.

There's reasons for everything. Doesn't change the fact. Corn rules the midwest. You dont get votes protecting sugar producers

There's reasons for everything. Doesn't change the fact. Corn rules the midwest. You dont get votes protecting sugar producers

So much so that we actually pay them not To grow corn.

Again, if corn in and of itself as a food product was profitable? They wouldn't need to Gin up the market with this biofuels nonsense.

They're literally trying to create a market for the corn they can't sell. Yay capitalism?

So much so that we actually pay them not To grow corn.

Again, if corn in and of itself as a food product was profitable? They wouldn't need to Gin up the market with this biofuels nonsense.

They're literally trying to create a market for the corn they can't sell. Yay capitalism?

You know the theory. If there were no gubbermint subsidies for farmers food would be too expensive.

Bigly deliverable for elections. Huge.

Found it.

He loved it and pushed it.

Will be interesting to see how the media and the geeks treat these similarities in policy.

Bad decision for both. And lets start judging policy on its merits?

90 percent of average joes do not understand why ethanol is bad for your engine.

They will buy new cars every 3 years and that will become the normal lifespan

Why is it bad?

Without subsidies my crescent rolls would be bigly expensive. Cant have that

And you wouldn't have corn, in some shape or form, in 3/4 of the products in the grocery store.

How much of our countrys corn is grown using petrochemical fertilizers now?

My grandpa was a pecan farmer and he used to talk about how stupid ethanol was since farmers around him used petroleum based fertilizers to grow it.

Its not a 1 for 1 equation since natural gas is used to produce fertilizer while gasoline is made from crude oil.

Still seems like a silly trade off.

And you wouldn't have corn, in some shape or form, in 3/4 of the products in the grocery store.

When Corn is 6 ears for a buck it flies off the shelves. At 3 for a dollar it rots

And does anyone really like corned beef?

Focking love it. :wave:

In the Army during the Gulf War, the MREs boxes come with twelve different varieties and the only way to get #7 Corned Beef was to be the first person to open the box. If you went through the open MRE boxes, you'd never find a #7.

In the Army during the Gulf War, the MREs boxes come with twelve different varieties and the only way to get #7 Corned Beef was to be the first person to open the box.

Chicken and Rice was my favorite. :thumbsup:

Don't know why, but my dad was really big into enemas. The fleet ones. Hell, toward the end, I had to go to the Walgreens and pick up like half a dozen of these things. That can't be healthy. But he was constantly getting his bowels twisted. And then they'd have to go in and fix it surgically. Fuucking painful.

I think yellow labs have the same problem. Some breed of dog has a hard time with their innards getting twisted. I don't know if they get enemas too.

Corned beef hash is the best. But not this artisinal fingerling potato and yam with housemaid brined corned turkey crap.

The shiit in the can. All the way. Fry that stuff up couple of over easy eggs all of it on buttered toast? Now that's a man's meal!

Chicken and Rice was my favorite. :thumbsup:

That was popular too, so were Spaghetti and Meatballs.

Corned beef hash is the best. But not this artisinal fingerling potato and yam with housemaid brined corned turkey crap.

The shiit in the can. All the way. Fry that stuff up couple of over easy eggs all of it on buttered toast? Now that's a man's meal!

So good. Canned is the only way, its just never right when its made fresh.