Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Crescent Rolls Suck

Okay, suck maybe a strong term. But I never know what to do with them. Do you butter the outside? Or do you only better the two inside Parts when you snap the thing in half? I mean, they're great for other recipes I guess. But in and out of them self? Maybe one of the worst bread products ever.

Give me a damn biscuit any day.

I don't like flaky.

If I want flakes, I'll eat cereal. I want Bready.

Also why I don't like a lot of Greek food. Like baklava? Gross. All of the different layers of flaky dough conspire together to give you a consistency of like particle board. Hurts my teeth just thinking about it.

They are awesome despite the lack of way to properly butter.

Best thing about Crescent rolls are the fact you can put stuff in them before baking and bake the roll around anything. Get those mozzerall sticks, cut one in half, wrap that in a pepperoni, then wrap the triangle of the dough crescent roll on that. Bake that SOB for a bit until golden brown.

I don't like flaky.

If I want flakes, I'll eat cereal. I want Bready.

Also why I don't like a lot of Greek food. Like baklava? Gross. All of the different layers of flaky dough conspire together to give you a consistency of like particle board. Hurts my teeth just thinking about it.

Put some dark chocolate and caramel in an unbaked triangle of a crescent roll and bake it. Good Eats.

It's "in and of themselves"... nerd.

Also, I agree, they suck.

Put some dark chocolate and caramel in an unbaked triangle of a crescent roll and bake it. Good Eats.

Spread Nutella on them and roll them up then bake.

Take diced pepperonis and mix with cream cheese. Put some in the middle of half a crescent roll and ball it up then bake.

Both delicious

Crazy how texture, smell & looks are as important as taste.

loves me some crescent rolls btw

Talk like that will get you ignored faster than your political threads. Quit being crazy.

Crescent rolls are awesome.

To quote some of the posters here....

"What's wrong with you"

"You need help"

And so on

• Like 2

You shut your wh0re mouth! they are delicious goodness sent from the gods.

Loves me them bikits where you can peel off layers of them. Perfect for biscuits and gravy.

Also perfect for making little turkey or ham or whatever sliders around Thanksgiving time.

The only reason they call them crescents is because Americans are too unsophisticated to call them by their French name.

Loves me them bikits where you can peel off layers of them. Perfect for biscuits and gravy.

Also perfect for making little turkey or ham or whatever sliders around Thanksgiving time.

The only reason they call them crescents is because Americans are too unsophisticated to call them by their French name.

Jesus what's next? Gonna rip on spam too?

Heathen

It's "in and of themselves"... nerd.

Also, I agree, they suck.

He grasp of language is actually really good. Most of his errors are intentional. I wish I could say the same about his reasoning. :(

He grasp of language is actually really good.

Um, huh?

Goood with ketchup.

Savage. Is ketchup a condiment?

:lol:

Take a tube of cresant rolls. Press the dough into rectangles. Mix cooked breakfast sausage, cream cheese, diced jalepanos, garlic power and black pepper. Put mixture in the center of rectangle, seel and back.

• Like 1

Take a tube of cresant rolls. Press the dough into rectangles. Mix cooked breakfast sausage, cream cheese, diced jalepanos, garlic power and black pepper. Put mixture in the center of rectangle, seel and back.

Sounds great

Holy Shiot that sounds amazing.

Bake crescent rolls with Parmesan and cilantro. :thumbsup:

I would add a little shredded cheese to it as well. Maybe some bacon crumbles.

I would add a little shredded cheese to it as well. Maybe some bacon crumbles.

Already have cream cheese and sausage. I appreciate the thought but dont mess with perfection.

Already have cream cheese and sausage. I appreciate the thought but dont mess with perfection.

Nah. Gotta add some shredded cheese. And the bacon gives it a bit of a crunch with I appreciate.

A ham and melty cheese croissant is heavenly.

Crescent rolls sure, delicious. I love all bread really.

I would bake it. Better then seel and back.

That's just me.

A ham and melty cheese croissant is heavenly.

Crescent rolls sure, delicious. I love all bread really.

Good call. Put ham and Swiss inside, roll and bake.

Then you'll really want some crescent rolls.

Wake and Bake

Nah. Gotta add some shredded cheese. And the bacon gives it a bit of a crunch with I appreciate.

Out of all the things on this bored this is about to piss me off the most. You dont eat sausage with bacon (or vice versa). It ruins one of them.

Yeah, lets get a bacon egg and cheese biscuit but.....add sausage.

No. No. No!

love croissants.

crescent rolls are ok on their own. mrs and daughter like putting honey on them.

they are a poor man's puff pastry dough. you can do a lot with it when rolling or stuffing.... can go sweet or savory.

mini wellingtons

brush with melted butter. grated parm, garlic, pesto, proscuitto

ham/turkey/roast beef (whatever) with cheese and other non-butter/ketchup condiments.

essentially, anything you could do with a sandwich

cream cheese (or mascarpone) with jelly or fruit, nutela, chocolate sauce, caramel, marshmallow (whatever), chips, toffee, nuts, m&ms etc

Out of all the things on this bored this is about to piss me off the most. You dont eat sausage with bacon (or vice versa). It ruins one of them.

Yeah, lets get a bacon egg and cheese biscuit but.....add sausage.

No. No. No!

This guy gets it.

It's like adding a mini-skirt to yoga pants. Both are great individually, but together? For God's sake man...