Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Stock Market- Ouch!

It's almost like the fed is trying to sabotage the economy

It's not only the Fed.

Trillions of dollars at stake. They're trying to get Trump's approval numbers down into the 30s.

It's not only the Fed.

Trillions of dollars at stake. They're trying to get Trump's approval numbers down into the 30s.

I

Always felt this would be the play. Make sure he gets nothing done and not even the nominee in 2020 by wrecking 401ks

The bigger the mistake, the greater the cost is to fix it. I assume we all agree on that conceptually.

So trillions of dollars and millions of retirements ruined to get rid of Trump had to be expected, and we may even be getting off really easy.

My guess is that the market will go back up eventually and 401ks will be just fine in the long run.

Trump winning erased one big mistake and prevented a colossal mistake.

It was a great day for our country and immediately halted the 16 year plan to destroy America.

• Like 1

Trump winning erased one big mistake and prevented a colossal mistake.

It was a great day for our country and immediately halted the 16 year plan to destroy America.

Truth.

This will backfire like everything else they do. If not? Oh well. Kept the savages at bay for a while.

Just think how much more devastation and bloodshed would ISIS be causing right now if we still had leadership who armed and supported them evil focks?

Scum like cbfalcon are big ISIS supporters by proxy.

All because of their desire for power, the left wants to destroy people's lives. They love themselves some Middle East. That is their best ally along with "reverse" racism.

All because of their desire for power, the left wants to destroy people's lives. They love themselves some Middle East. That is their best ally along with "reverse" racism.

its easy to play the righteous one and not care about the working mans retirement when you're a lifetime disability guy

Some of us have been in cash awhile. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Looking forward to dollar cost averaging back in but will be awhile, probably mid 2019 at the earliest.

The Market, I believe, is going into a free-fall.

That free-fall is due to an excess of liquidity in the US markets; the primary culprit is the US Federal Reserve.

I know...old story, chicken little.

Just wait. Not long now.

10 years of stagflation is coming....plus.

Yeah, suddenly it's a great conspiracy against mmmwwwaaahhhh Trump. The last two years were what? Camouflage? LOL

Jesus, you guys are insane.

Every success is Trump. Every failure is anybody but him. And the worst part? You guys actually fuucking believe that!

But, keep up with the JoeBryantRejects CircleJerk.

This place makes the Fox News chat board look positively intelligent by comparison. 😁

Yeah, suddenly it's a great conspiracy against mmmwwwaaahhhh Trump. The last two years were what? Camouflage? LOL

Every success is Trump. Every failure is anybody but him. And the worst part? You guys actually fuucking believe that!

This place makes the Fox News chat board look positively intelligent by comparison. 😁

I didn't know you were an owner of fftoday. Were you one of the original owners? Or did you buy in at a later date?

Or maybe Mike just sold you the forums and kept the main website for himself?

well Barry was credited with the good economy

So this market situation is his fault

Amirite?

Also thanks for teaching us that the fed raising interest rates in no way influences the markets.

That free-fall is due to an excess of liquidity in the US markets; the primary culprit is the US Federal Reserve.

Just wait. Not long now.

it's almost like NASDAQ is Cryptocurrency, just took longer

Just wait. Not long now.

Thanks RLLD.

Every success is Trump.

I wouldn't say every, but as far as government goes, yep. :thumbsup:

Glad you agree.

Record. MAGA

Stock market goes down, dammit thanks Obammy! Market comes back up, praise Trump! The market is its own living breathing thing and the president affects it as much as Barney the dinosaur does. It will go back down again, then come back up again, wouldnt matter if Pee wee Herman was president.

Record gain after historic fall. Its like losing 50$ and being excited to find a 20 on the ground the next day.

This place makes the Fox News chat board look positively intelligent by comparison.

So true. It’s my fave part though. Endless supply of comedy.

Stock market goes down, dammit thanks Obammy! Market comes back up, praise Trump! The market is its own living breathing thing and the president affects it as much as Barney the dinosaur does. It will go back down again, then come back up again, wouldnt matter if Pee wee Herman was president.

Sigh

Record gain after historic fall. Its like losing 50$ and being excited to find a 20 on the ground the next day.

No, the stock market is more like this...put in money now, it will have some rises and falls, but rise over long term. Try it sometime.

No, the stock market is more like this...put in money now, it will have some rises and falls, but rise over long term. Try it sometime.

As long as your increase is more than the lose of purchasing power from inflation. It isnt as easy as just put it in and wait. Unless you just have retarded money and you can move positions with tiny increases.

I hope cryptocurrency gets that memo.

I hope cryptocurrency gets that memo.

Where did cryptocurrency come into this?

So you do you agree or disagree with my stock market comment?

Where did cryptocurrency come into this?

So you do you agree or disagree with my stock market comment?

Where did it come into this? Like 2 posts up. I don’t disagree with you, I’m not arguing. I’m just saying I hope cryptocurrency gets that memo.

Where did it come into this? Like 2 posts up. I don’t disagree with you, I’m not arguing. I’m just saying I hope cryptocurrency gets that memo.

It won't. I don't think at least. I've never believed in cryptos. Yeah. People made money. But not a sustainable process, imo. So I'm not comfortable with it.

As long as your increase is more than the lose of purchasing power from inflation. It isnt as easy as just put it in and wait. Unless you just have retarded money and you can move positions with tiny increases.

I send to Edward Jones, they deal with it. Its worked so far. Look at charts since 19xx. It's worked. I guess it could stop working, but I'll go with history.

It won't. I don't think at least. I've never believed in cryptos. Yeah. People made money. But not a sustainable process.

I don’t think so either. It will just get replaced with woozle widgets or whatever the next big thing is for a couple months. Market based entirely on hype and speculation with nothing tangible or applicable. I was just too blinded by the huge gains to get out in time. If I got out and could have been rich I’d have hanged myself. That’s worse than losing the amount I put in imo.

Most successful investors are not moving money around to try to time the market. Because it's pretty much impossible to time the market. A good investor creates a diverse portfolio based upon a reasoned asset allocation strategy. And then rebalances periodically to maintain. To a large extent it is as easy as put it in and wait, once you've done the initial legwork.

Most successful investors are not moving money around to try to time the market. Because it's pretty much impossible to time the market. A good investor creates a diverse portfolio based upon a reasoned asset allocation strategy. And then rebalances periodically to maintain. To a large extent it is as easy as put it in and wait, once you've done the initial legwork.

This is what I see all the time. They say time in the market is more valuable than trying to time the market.

down 650 monday, up 1000 yesterday, down 500 hundred this morning, up 750 this afternoon. shenanigans going on.

down 650 monday, up 1000 yesterday, down 500 hundred this morning, up 750 this afternoon. shenanigans going on.

Crazy times. Algorithms?

this is above my head...anyone have a good idea about these big swings?

You are correct with the shenanigans comment as HT is about algorithms. Someone(s) that knows where the algorithms kick in are artificially manipulating it to spur sell offs.

Think of a stampede a.k.a. herd mentality. Just gotta know which one to get them running.