Sign in to follow this  
fatguylittlecoat

Speculative Play, Pick Up D.J. Moore, Carolina WR

I won't go to the well too often but I'm in a pickle, trying to find a WR who can get me steady stats around 7 catches , 70 yds on the waiver wire... TD's would be gravy. I looked them all over factoring schedule, competition within, trending upward, etc. . I don't think he'll do much more than 50 - 60 yds this week against Washington especially if Norman lines up opposite of him but from week 6 on, their schedule looks pretty cush. Carolina should roll the rest of the season... i see Moore getting more involved and become the firm #2 maybe #1WR. Also looked at Mike Williams but DJ could eat into Funchess stats, i don't see BMW overtaking Keenan this season. I like DJ from week 7 on as a good WR3 or Flex. Getchya some !

It will be hard unless he sees a big jump... only averaging 2 targets and 1.5 rec per game on an offense that only averages 220 yards passing... I like him as a dynasty stash though

Rather have M Williams.

He has a passing Qb, Newton not so much.

I hear you and mostly agree but two things, who leads the NFL in YAC? Not Julio, Not Cooks... DJ. Also, coaches and Cam know what they have in DJ... Rivera makes some compelling statements towards him and their offense. I like the schedule, Funchess is not a real threat to dominate targets, only hurdle is as you stated, Cam is not the prolific passer. I'd rather bank on trending volume vs. occasional TD.

In a Norv Turner offense, you have two things you can count on though; Strong production from the RB and a WR who is going to be "the" guy at some point. I anticipate the Panthers are going to try and have DJ ready for the playoffs. By ready, I mean a bit more seasoned and capable of helping them more than 2-3 times per game. I don't see WR1 numbers by any stretch, but he could be a solid WR3 or a low end WR2 soon. Every offense I can recall Norv running has always had a WR put up pretty solid numbers. Cam's passing numbers are low because of who he has catching the ball, not because they aren't willing to throw it. My hypothesis is they will use a weaker schedule to have all the pieces in place for the playoffs, which means getting the passing attack geared up for when they face teams capable of shutting down the run game.

A playmaking rookie WR with 4 catches in 4 targets last week. Shows 2 things: 1. He is starting to learn the offense 2. They are trying to get him the ball. I think he is an excellent pickup, for a team that needs help at WR.

Another solid game.

Thinking about putting DJ Moore (vs Bucs porous D) in as flex instead of Mark Ingram... crazy ?

there was a lot of talk earlier in the week about how his snap counts are increasing and how management clearly wants to get him more involved. I added him one on league but dropped him for Sutton instead.

Playing him over JuJu this week. My lineup needs a shake up as I am on the verge of losing hope. I have Cam so I am hoping for a big connection this weekend.

Rolling him out in 2 leagues this week. Arrow is pointing up.....but wouldn't be shocked if he was a bust either.

Truth be told i picked DJ weeks ago but dropped him just like i did with Trequan Smith. I'm breaking my own rule, patience wins.

Rookie WR's are just HARD to trust. Some true talent out there this season, with guys like DJ, Kirk, Tre'Quan, etc.....but, although they present great upside, they are terribly inconsistent.

Rookie WR's are just HARD to trust. Some true talent out there this season, with guys like DJ, Kirk, Tre'Quan, etc.....but, although they present great upside, they are terribly inconsistent.

I agree. They will have one great week then not so good the next two. Hard to figure out. If you don’t mind the risk.....I do.