Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Best Trader Joe's Items - A List - list yours

Best Mac and cheese you can buy is the Trader Joes orange box frozen.

Lots of good stuff there, also some hit or miss.

I agree on the mac and cheese.

I have to try the Hirissa sauce. Been looking for a good one outside my local Halal truck

never had their cheeses before. Will have to try them. My wife and I get these salted caramel chocolate balls that are good from there. Also, they have these small blood oranges that are like the cuties that peel easy and are smaller. Those are good.

I have to try the Hirissa sauce. Been looking for a good one outside my local Halal truck

Wife loves the stuff.

They have good dips too, I reccomend the jalapeño artichoke dip if its still around.

vodka

Only one place for this. Costco. Their Kirkland is just rebottled Grey Goose and cheaper. Plus you dont need a membership to buy alcohol, just tell them you are there for booze and they will let you in.

Only one place for this. Costco. Their Kirkland is just rebottled Grey Goose and cheaper. Plus you dont need a membership to buy alcohol, just tell them you are there for booze and they will let you in.

i doubt shotsy can afford a membership.

He can't afford NOT to have a membership.

vodka

Total Wine and more.

My toy store. Google it if you are ignorant

I doubt you make 1/2 of what make !

And who are you ? Troll !

They do a good job with frozen, cheeses, and snacks.

Produce is fine but short shelflife.

Proteins are not good. Every marinated item I have tried has been way too salty.

Peanut Butter & Preserves

Cereal ( Toasted Oat Flakes )

Nuts

Coffee

3 $ Chuck

Pork Dumplings

Chicken Dumplings

Omega Trek Mix

Chicken Spring Rolls

Vegetable Spring Rolls

Chicken Samosas

Vegetable Samosas

Secco Peach Bellini

Ive never been to a Trader Joes, but there is a new one in Orlando... is it really that good?

Even though I've never met anyone who doesn't, I don't think you'd like it.

Its as hipster dooshy as a retail chain gets, but they do have good stuff.

God yes. Youll see so much vegan BS there its ridiculous. But they have a select few good things. I hear their wine is good too. I dont shop there much so Im trying to find stuff to actually get there thats good. This article helps cause when I go there I just end up getting like one or two things. Never anything cold or frozen cause its usually at least 2 hours from where I live that I go to one. Had one in SA abut I didnt shop there much

Oops!! I almost forgot my favorite: maple pecan cluster cereal

• Like 1

Ive never been to a Trader Joes, but there is a new one in Orlando... is it really that good?

Yes, please go, they'll have something there that you'll love.

Cookies, chips, sausage, wine (it's really inexpensive and not bad), I've purchased tomato bisque soup in a carton, olive oil...look just go, try it. But really look at all their items.

God yes. Youll see so much vegan BS there its ridiculous. But they have a select few good things. I hear their wine is good too. I dont shop there much so Im trying to find stuff to actually get there thats good. This article helps cause when I go there I just end up getting like one or two things. Never anything cold or frozen cause its usually at least 2 hours from where I live that I go to one. Had one in SA abut I didnt shop there much

They have inexpensive wine from many regions (and lesser known varietals)... some hit. some miss, but when they do you do not feel like you have lost much in the process.

my wife will take pics of the labels that hit and buy more of them next time. they also carry some decent vintners.

If you go you'll be hooked like the rest of us.

I've been a couple times. It's kind of gross. Give me Wegmans all day everyday.

They have inexpensive wine from many regions (and lesser known varietals)... some hit. some miss, but when they do you do not feel like you have lost much in the process.

my wife will take pics of the labels that hit and buy more of them next time. they also carry some decent vintners.

Do you have the Vivino app? (I think I mightve mentioned it once before) You take a picture of the label of wine and it brings up the score of the wine, professional reviews, and consumer reviews from people who tried it. Also explains the taste and goes into great detail as well as gives the price. Found it YEARS ago and has been one of my most used apps. When I showed it to my BIL he went bananas on howncool it was and kept asking me to scan each of his wines for reviews on it

To me, Trader Joes is a novelty grocery store. Im not doing my main grocery store purchases there but if I want a select few things that are unique and quirky then Ill go there

Oops!! I almost forgot my favorite: maple pecan cluster cereal

that is good!

Yes, please go, they'll have something there that you'll love.

Cookies, chips, sausage, wine (it's really inexpensive and not bad), I've purchased tomato bisque soup in a carton, olive oil...look just go, try it. But really look at all their items.

Yeah that made me remember one of my other faves.....

Red Pepper Tomato Soup in a carton. :wub:

To me, Trader Joes is a novelty grocery store. Im not doing my main grocery store purchases there but if I want a select few things that are unique and quirky then Ill go there

It's damn sure no HEB! :nono:

What didn't San Antonio have? It sounds like paradise.

Agreed!

It's damn sure no HEB! :nono:

Ha! Dam straight. I loved going to Central Market but it was downtown SA so I didnt go as often since there was an HEB literally around every corner

Omg, that's what I meant! Not tomato bisque, it's what you wrote. Thanks!!

Exactly, you can't do your main shopping there, it's just to pick-up little favorites.

It's kind of like going to Target. Target is not the best clothes store or grocery store, but it's got enough for you to find something pretty good at a decent price.

Also, my Trader Joe's is not gross.

as djgb was asking about shrimp recipes... traders has a good frozen rock shrimp and langostinos we buy to keep around. good for stir fry, po boys, pastas, tacos/quesadillas, etc

they have marvelous locally grown lamb skin magnums in the personal hygene section.

Their dips are the best. Hummus and more. Pub cheese and more.