Sign in to follow this  
lickin_starfish

Guatemalan Caravan

Apparently the size of this thing is dissipating, mexico has offered to bus some of them back to their country of origin and they accepted, the others seem to be slowing down.

The timing of this thing is very important, i think the Dem's are not counting on this one as a tool, but are likely positioning to use it should it become something they can leverage.

Mattis sending hundred of active duty troops to the border.

I think this is a strategic mistake.....

I think this is a strategic mistake.....

I disagree. The only mistake is hundreds rather than thousands. Lots of people are needed. Granted, they have no focking idea what they're supposed to be doing right now ( an exceedingly common Army problem even for people who've been in their job for fifteen years) but it can't be that complicated to teach them a thing or two on the fly given that they have a few weeks to prepare.

We should just light them up with rubber bullets. Everyone of them.

That would turn them around very quickly.

That would turn them around very quickly.

Temporarily...

Doesn't the right have any friends in Mexico that could light a fire under it's residents to protest against these people being in their country? I mean, that's what the left would do. :dunno:

Doesn't the right have any friends in Mexico that could light a fire under it's residents to protest against these people being in their country? I mean, that's what the left would do. :dunno:

Most conservatives are "do'er", they don't have protesting skills to leverage. They just dust themselves off and keep fighting forward.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm going to go stir sh*t with 7000 people because my buddy asked me to. Even the Mexican police are wary of doing anything.

The cartels could be convinced to do it. But how is Trump going to get on the phone and work one his negotiation deals with the same MS-13 gang he's been demonizing for four years? And I'm not sure hurting people is part of the plan.

Most conservatives are "do'er", they don't have protesting skills to leverage. They just dust themselves off and keep fighting forward.

This is one of the elements of the right that moved me right of center years ago. I was just being a little sarcastic. Plus the right doesn't have enough vagina hats.

Trump said hes calling in the military. Not the guard. The military. Its been confirmed that guard (including coast guard) arent real branches :P

I disagree. The only mistake is hundreds rather than thousands. Lots of people are needed. Granted, they have no focking idea what they're supposed to be doing right now ( an exceedingly common Army problem even for people who've been in their job for fifteen years) but it can't be that complicated to teach them a thing or two on the fly given that they have a few weeks to prepare.

Looks like you got your wish: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/white-house-prepares-large-troop-deployment-to-deter-migrant-caravan/2018/10/29/e13a360e-db84-11e8-b732-3c72cbf131f2_story.html?utm_term=.385ed385f29f

Homeland Security and Pentagon officials said Monday that they will send 5,200 troops, military helicopters and giant spools of razor wire to the Mexican border in the coming days to brace for the arrival of Central American migrants President Trump is calling an invasion.

The troop deployment, one week before the U.S. midterm elections, appears to be the largest U.S. active-duty mobilization along the U.S.-Mexico boundary in decades and amounts to a significant militarization of American border security.

Air Force Gen. Terrence J. OShaughnessy, the chief of U.S. Northern Command, told reporters Monday that the deployments, dubbed Operation Faithful Patriot, already are underway. He said the military, working alongside U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), will focus first on hardening the border in Texas, followed by Arizona and California.

The mobilization will include three combat engineer battalions, members of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and troops who specialize in aviation, medical treatment and logistics, OShaughnessy said. Black Hawk helicopters sent to the area will have night-vision capabilities and sensors, carrying troops trained in the kind of aerial combat missions used by the military in active war zones.

While I'm sure the timing is critical, I wonder what they'll do in the weeks-months before the caravan arrives? Gonna need a lot of strategic planning to hold off the starving, sunburnt hoards.

Looks like you got your wish: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/white-house-prepares-large-troop-deployment-to-deter-migrant-caravan/2018/10/29/e13a360e-db84-11e8-b732-3c72cbf131f2_story.html?utm_term=.385ed385f29f

While I'm sure the timing is critical, I wonder what they'll do with in the weeks-months before the caravan arrives? Gonna need a lot of strategic planning to hold off the starving, sunburnt hoards.

This sounds like easy duty. The field isn't so bad if it's real and not training because the Army doesn't screw with you on a mission. Really, running around Saudi and Iraq during Desert Storm was the least stressful, easiest period of time I had in the Army. This is personal experience speaking. For guys that went to the field and actually got shot at, they make had a different take on the stress levels comparing training and duty field assignments.

NILTEPEC, Mexico – The migrant caravan slowly advancing through southern Mexico is demanding the Mexican government help its 4,000 participants reach Mexico City even as a smaller group of Central Americans entered the country, presumably with the intention of joining it.

Worn down from long miles of walking and frustrated by the caravan's slow progress, some migrants have been dropping out and returning home or applying for protected status in Mexico. Conscious of that frustration, its representatives demanded "safe and dignified" transportation to the capital Monday after the group arrived in the Oaxaca state town of Niltepec.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/migrant-caravan-demands-transport-as-2nd-group-enters-mexico

Hmmmm, how about GO FOCK YOURSELVES......

• Like 1

1. It's not against the law to come to the U.S. Border and ask for asylum.

2. However it is against the law to try and come across the border either by sneaking in or by force.

3. It's apparent they can't make it all the way here without some sort of "help".

4. If they truly wanted asylum, and Mexico has offered it, why on earth are they not taking it?

5. CNN / MSNBC keep talking about all the women and children, yet if you look at 300 foot pictures of the caravan it looks like 90% males 18 to 30.

3, 4 and 5 above seem shady as hell.

Let them come to the border and politely say No. :dunno:

If anyone tries to FORCE their way, then rubber bullets, tear gas, firetruck water hoses and batons seem appropriate to me.

Its amazing how people nowadays think the government and everyone owes them just for being alive.

Hmmm. They may be on to something. I need to ask our govt for "safe and dignified transportation" to Hawaii for me and my family. Would save a bunch on airfare!

• Like 1

Hmmm. They may be on to something. I need to ask our govt for "safe and dignified transportation" to Hawaii for me and my family. Would save a bunch on airfare!

Yeah, I may not live in Baltimore, but I am close enough to fear for my safety....that is all it takes?

According to international law, refugees must apply for asylum in the first safe country.

Mexico has offered them asylum, and jobs.

Announce we will no longer accept asylum applications from non-Mexicans at the southern border, and any attempts to illegally cross the border will be repelled.

According to international law, refugees must apply for asylum in the first safe country.

Mexico has offered them asylum, and jobs.

Announce we will no longer accept asylum applications from non-Mexicans at the southern border, and any attempts to illegally cross the border will be repelled.

Is it still not a crime to enter a nation illegally?

Sure.

But it's a lot easier and cheaper to stop them from entering rather than to prosecute and deport.

It depends on who you ask, just so long as you don't ask anybody here. Try FBG,

You trumptards are a bunch of dimwits. This thing is 2 months away from the border. 2 months travel just to get to the US/Mexico border. Between here and there who the hell knows what happens?

Fox spit this sh!t out and you gobble it up like a c(_)m guzzling wh0re lol :clap: :banana:

Just another hail mary before the midterms. Fockin tin foil hat wearin retards lol.

You trumptards are a bunch of dimwits. This thing is 2 months away from the border. 2 months travel just to get to the US/Mexico border. Between here and there who the hell knows what happens?

Fox spit this sh!t out and you gobble it up like a c(_)m guzzling wh0re lol :clap: :banana:

Just another hail mary before the midterms. Fockin tin foil hat wearin retards lol.

:sleep:

what? 😣

I bet you could fit most of them in a Sentra....

NewbieJr or Chronic Husker?

You decide.