Sign in to follow this  
Waias15

David Johnson for Joe Mixon

Would you trade away David Johnson for Joe Mixon? Or are you curious at all to see how things change for DJ now that Mccoy is gone??

I feel like even if DJ does get it going, Mixon is basically already in that position..

Also the Mixon owner is tilting on Tate for some reason and he's a Pats Homer. I could probably throw Edelman in and get Tate in return

Thoughts??

I'd stay with Mixon. The AZ ol is banged up and bad. They don't have any other playmakers. Rosen has a sprained big toe and that might sound minor but it is something that could effect his game for a few weeks.

I think he would get Mixon and give DJ, and if that is the case, yeah I'd do that, better offense, better team and line.

I have Mixon, and in no way would I entertain the thought of trading him for DJ right now. I need to see at least one positive week from Leftwich first.

Would you trade away David Johnson for Joe Mixon? Or are you curious at all to see how things change for DJ now that Mccoy is gone??

I feel like even if DJ does get it going, Mixon is basically already in that position..

Also the Mixon owner is tilting on Tate for some reason and he's a Pats Homer. I could probably throw Edelman in and get Tate in return

Thoughts??

My opinion: trade away DJ to obtain Mixon. DJ may be the better overall RB but the Cards are in bad shape. Mixon is pretty darn good and on a much better team. I would also keep Edelman instead of trying to get Tate in return.

• Like 1

My opinion: trade away DJ to obtain Mixon. DJ may be the better overall RB but the Cards are in bad shape. Mixon is pretty darn good and on a much better team. I would also keep Edelman instead of trying to get Tate in return.

Yea, I would be getting Mixon

Any reason as to why you'd want Edelman over Tate? They are pretty interchangeable imo

I think Edelman has a slightly higher ceiling, Tate is what he is: 90-100 catches 1000 yards and 5 or 6 TD's every year. The difference now is for the first time since maybe barry sanders the Lions can run the ball. I think they want to keep doing that, and trading for a good Nose tackle in Harrison, shores up their biggest weakness their run D, which theoretically would allow them to Run more and pass less.

Wow the stock on the so called best rb in the nfl has really fallen.

No I wouldn’t trade him for Mixon.

I have a feeling Gio will get more work upon his return.

Wow the stock on the so called best rb in the nfl has really fallen.

No I wouldn’t trade him for Mixon.

I have a feeling Gio will get more work upon his return.

If you said this would happen in the preseason the response was brutal

Yea, I would be getting Mixon

Any reason as to why you'd want Edelman over Tate? They are pretty interchangeable imo

I place Tate a tier above edelman... higher floor and ceiling IMO. I own them both FWIW

• Like 1

I place Tate a tier above edelman... higher floor and ceiling IMO. I own them both FWIW

Throwing in Edelman for Tate would only affect my WR3 situation, as well. My WRs and RBs:

Thielen, Juju, Edelman, Trequan

DJ, Sony, Chubb, Smallwood, Royce

With the Sony injury I was trying to get some more consistency out of my RBs

If you said this would happen in the preseason the response was brutal

Lol right.

Throwing in Edelman for Tate would only affect my WR3 situation, as well. My WRs and RBs:

Thielen, Juju, Edelman, Trequan

DJ, Sony, Chubb, Smallwood, Royce

With the Sony injury I was trying to get some more consistency out of my RBs

If he's willing, I would personally try and see if you could acquire Tate for Edelman. Maybe some other guys can offer their opinion, but IMO Tate is a solid WR2, and Edelman is low2/solid 3

:thumbsup: This

sadly, RB stats tend to go based on how well the team is doing.

if the team is winning in the second half, the RB gets lots of carries to kill the clock. If the team is losing that does not happen.

I truly think David Johnson is a better talent, but his team sucks balls. Mixon is at least on a team that is competitive even if they are not winning all the time.

I also think things will get better for DJ. the offense showed very little in the way of creativity, so I would hope that Leftwich can figure out how to make this guy useful.

my opinion: Mixon puts up better stats this year, and possibly next year. tough to forsee much further than that, but that should give you an idea of what to expect.

How is a check down or screen pass so hard for an inept sam bradford or a young rookie in Rosen.

Eli does it constantly to saquan......

DJ needs the ball in space.....quick pitch, sweep every once in a while with some linemen pulling, screens, check downs, have him in the slot.

Mike Mccoy did little of the above. Ran him off tackle and into brick walls of the pitiful arizona offensive line.

I do not expect the 2016 DJ but dang.....hopeful Leftwich a Bruce Arians carryover can be a tad more innovative than running DJ directly into the stack over and over.

Forget anything I said... this trade does not look good for Tate... plus another bye week