Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

3 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Zeke should hold out, grossly underpaid. 

And I would tell Zeke just like I would if he were a Giant or Eagle - Fock'm. He signed a deal - honor it.

• Like 1

Oh, he has to hold out. They have to dog him out to win. 

This is why you don’t spend Top 5 draft picks on RBs. 

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

:thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, MDC said:

Top 5? I wouldn’t even waste a first rounder on one. First round is for big OL/DL/LB and pro ready QBs and playmaking secondary. 

46 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Top 5? I wouldn’t even waste a first rounder on one. First round is for big OL/DL/LB and pro ready QBs and playmaking secondary. 

Brady. Montana and Russell Wilson have won 11 Super Bowls between them. I guess you shouldn't draft a QB in the first either.? There is no formula anymore. Teams win doing all sorts of different things. When you find yourself on the same side as MDC in a football conversation, stop and re-evaluate. 

This from the maroon who thinks Mark Bavaro is the greatest TE of all-time and Zack Ertz sucks because he’s just a “faster Jason Witten.” Lol.

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

This from the maroon who thinks Mark Bavaro is the greatest TE of all-time and Zack Ertz sucks because he’s just a “faster Jason Witten.” Lol.

Who said Bavaro was the GOAT? I never did. Get it straight cucky

Sorry: Best TE in the NFC East ever. Which makes him better than Actual Jason Witten, who is 4th alltime in career receptions.

Lol

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Sorry: Best TE in the NFC East ever. Which makes him better than Actual Jason Witten, who is 4th alltime in career receptions.

Lol

That's better cucky. Good job on that fetch. 

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Brady. Montana and Russell Wilson have won 11 Super Bowls between them. I guess you shouldn't draft a QB in the first either.? There is no formula anymore. Teams win doing all sorts of different things. When you find yourself on the same side as MDC in a football conversation, stop and re-evaluate. 

For sure, there isn’t a rock solid formula anymore and the best teams know when to go outside of their usual gameplan. I was just saying my gameplan would be to load up on the best big guys on the line to maximize my skill position players talents. If a player like Barkley is available and you have a Top 5 pick of course you take him. 

6 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Redskins sign Ereck Flowers...... thank you Dan! :banana:

who dat?

Cowboys signed Randall Cobb to a one year deal for $5M. 

Pretty cheap if he still has it.  He’s only 28 and missed half the season last year with a hammy.  

No deal for Eric Berry yet. 

3 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Cowboys signed Randall Cobb to a one year deal for $5M. 

Pretty cheap if he still has it.  He’s only 28 and missed half the season last year with a hammy.  

No deal for Eric Berry yet. 

Lol. They should go for the washed up tri-fecta and sign Jonathan Stewart 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Highlights from last year, still looks pretty good

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

Highlights from last year, still looks pretty good

Who's that good looking guy throwing the ball? Is he coming too? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Forgive me if I'm an idiot... But did he really say that?

I highly doubt it......but thought it was funny. 

2 hours ago, Big Guy said:

I highly doubt it......but thought it was funny. 

For sure. I just find it harder and harder to tell real news from jokes these days. 

14 hours ago, Big Guy said:

who dat?

The suck ass LT previously taken 9th overall by the Giants....... When you can't even start for that shiit stain of a line, you really freaking suck.

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have a hard time believing he's washed up at age 28.  He's an upgrade over Hurns, Williams, or Austin.  And as much as I like Beasley, his numbers last year weren't anything to write home about.  65  672  3.

If Gallup continue to improve, this group is solid.  Of course, Dak needs to be more accurate as well.  

31 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I have a hard time believing he's washed up at age 28.  He's an upgrade over Hurns, Williams, or Austin.  And as much as I like Beasley, his numbers last year weren't anything to write home about.  65  672  3.

If Gallup continue to improve, this group is solid.  Of course, Dak needs to be more accurate as well.  

Lots to like about this deal:

* Veteran player, not some lost kid.

* 1 year deal

* Cap friendly

* Removes WR from the equation with Dallas' 1st pick (which is in the 2nd rd.)

* Makes it almost a certainty that DT or DE will be targeted with that 1st pick.

• Like 1

Rico Gathers reached a plea deal for his drug arrest. How about them Cowboys! 

Cobb is the oldest 28 year old in the league.  

Wish him well.  Was happy when they drafted him.  He gave some good years.  Good guy.  Good worker.  

He will never play 100%.  Even when on the field he will be 80%.  Guy cannot stay healthy.  At decent health he is an okay WR.  He has no legs left.  Hes a right spot right time kind of guy. 

On 3/20/2019 at 11:12 AM, vuduchile said:

I have a hard time believing he's washed up at age 28.   

Washed up is a strong phrase.  But have you followed his career?  He is certainly on the down side of his career and is one of the more injury prone WRs out there.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:47 AM, Cruzer said:

Lots to like about this deal:

* Veteran player, not some lost kid.

* 1 year deal

* Cap friendly

* Removes WR from the equation with Dallas' 1st pick (which is in the 2nd rd.)

* Makes it almost a certainty that DT or DE will be targeted with that 1st pick.

I guess Im not understanding why WR is thought of as a need?  They just traded a 1st for Amari.  Spent what a 3rd pn Gallup?  And have Hurns.  I know they needed more of a slot guy.  But really WR didnt aeem like a real need.  I HIGHLY doubt WR was in play with their 1st pick.

If WR IS that big of a need....a 1 year deal for a guy who probably play half the games doesnt seem like a fix.

12 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I guess Im not understanding why WR is thought of as a need?  They just traded a 1st for Amari.  Spent what a 3rd pn Gallup?  And have Hurns.  I know they needed more of a slot guy.  But really WR didnt aeem like a real need.  I HIGHLY doubt WR was in play with their 1st pick.

If WR IS that big of a need....a 1 year deal for a guy who probably play half the games doesnt seem like a fix.

The basic set for today's game has basically morphed into a 3 wr set... Which is somewhat a contradiction for this team bcoz Garrett's culture is still stuck in the 90's. Red still believes you win championships with 2 TE, 1 FB offenses.

Nonetheless, this team needed another WR. Witten is back but let's face it, he's also 95 football years old. And somebody has to fill the role for Beasley being gone. I love Amari and I love Gallup - but another piece was needed... If it fails, no harm - he's on a 1 year deal anyway.

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Rico Gathers reached a plea deal for his drug arrest. How about them Cowboys! 

You've defined your role here HT lol

4 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

You've defined your role here HT lol

Division rivals baby. Besides, there's only porkbutt repping the eagles. 

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

The basic set for today's game has basically morphed into a 3 wr set... Which is somewhat a contradiction for this team bcoz Garrett's culture is still stuck in the 90's. Red still believes you win championships with 2 TE, 1 FB offenses.

Nonetheless, this team needed another WR. Witten is back but let's face it, he's also 95 football years old. And somebody has to fill the role for Beasley being gone. I love Amari and I love Gallup - but another piece was needed... If it fails, no harm - he's on a 1 year deal anyway.

Well they resigned Tavon Austin who is basically a similar player to Cobb at this point.  

Im not doubting that Beasley leaving left a void in the slot.  But they have ample amount of depth.  Perhaps it was a passing though but from your first post I gathered that you were afraid they would go WR with their 2nd rounder.  I just dont see thr big need I guess.

There certainly is little risk.  But just funny that they needed a safety but couldnt pay one but find a 1 year deal for maybe a slightly better Tavon Austin who was much cheaper.  Amari Gallup Hurns Austin Cobb.  Seems crowded to me....especially for a team who wants to run the ball.  Overkill.  

On 3/19/2019 at 3:42 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I can agree that there are a few formulas these days and it isnt just find an elite QB at all costs.

But dont spin it into acting like grabbing a RB at #2 before you have ANYTHING else is a good formula.  Hey maybe it will all work out for them.  But most people agree that RB is one of the least important positions on the field in todays game.  Or at least easiest to plug and play behind a quality line.  

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, listen2me 23 said:

Well they resigned Tavon Austin who is basically a similar player to Cobb at this point.  

Im not doubting that Beasley leaving left a void in the slot.  But they have ample amount of depth.  Perhaps it was a passing though but from your first post I gathered that you were afraid they would go WR with their 2nd rounder.  I just dont see thr big need I guess.

There certainly is little risk.  But just funny that they needed a safety but couldnt pay one but find a 1 year deal for maybe a slightly better Tavon Austin who was much cheaper.  Amari Gallup Hurns Austin Cobb.  Seems crowded to me....especially for a team who wants to run the ball.  Overkill.  

Austin is as dependable as Sam Bowie - the kid is always hurt....... And like many, you are confusing quantity with depth - they are not mutually exclusive. This team has a lot of bodies in the wr corps - but not much substance.

And yes, I was very worried this team was going to look at WR with the 1st pick. And even now, TE is a real possibility if one materializes at 58......... Jerry has proven that "need" isn't much of a qualifier for taking a player - hopefully Will McClay has control of the room when it come our time to pick.

On 3/22/2019 at 12:31 PM, listen2me 23 said:

I can agree that there are a few formulas these days and it isnt just find an elite QB at all costs.

But dont spin it into acting like grabbing a RB at #2 before you have ANYTHING else is a good formula.  Hey maybe it will all work out for them.  But most people agree that RB is one of the least important positions on the field in todays game.  Or at least easiest to plug and play behind a quality line.  

You’re talking to a guy who thinks Mark Bavaria was a better TE than Jason Witten. 

What happens to Rod Smith last year? I still remember the short pass and long run for a TD he had against the Giants in 2017. 

4 hours ago, MDC said:

You’re talking to a guy who thinks Mark Bavaria was a better TE than Jason Witten. 

Hard to believe that a Jets fan who grew up in New Jersey doesn't know how great Bavaro was. I guess you were too busy at the comicbook store.  Lol. 

Hardcuck also said the Eagles TE is a fantasy wasteland and Ertz sucks, before he broke the alltime record for receptions previous held by Jason Witten, aka Slower Zack Ertz. :lol:

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Hardcuck also said the Eagles TE is a fantasy wasteland and Ertz sucks, before he broke the alltime record for receptions previous held by Jason Witten, aka Slower Zack Ertz. :lol:

That was easy. I'll have to keep that lure for next season. Works great! 

Bavaro>>>>>>Witten/Ertz.  It is known. 

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

Mental retardation must run in the HT family. 🤤

Wow. Brings kids into it, again.  You're like school on Saturday.