Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

Man I hate the sea birds and their ugly GATORAID Unis!

They are a hump the Cowboys need to get over.

I would say GB and Aaron Rodgers are first.

I would say GB and Aaron Rodgers are first.

yeah them too.......but they are no longer valid

WOW!!!

What a Fanfrickentastic Game!!!! :doublethumbsup:

Didnt see it. I figured it was a gonna be a rest the starters kinda game.

Wtf happened?

Wow......bummer, seriously one of the best ever. Totally a Roller Coaster type with BOTH teams giving it their all. When I find a good recap I'll post it here. Zeke sat out, Dallas Rookie TE Jarwin had over a 100 yrds and 3 TD's. The Giants kicked ass as well.

Seattle runs the ball just as well as the Cowboys do. I think these teams are very similar,

Advantage Seahawks at QB.

Seattle (currently) +2 1/2.

I might jump on that...... Indy is also +2 1/2, I might have to get on that too.

And HC.

Overall yeah, but Carroll has pulled some boners himself

Cowboys play best with their backs are against the wall.

But If it all ended next week, i'd still be satisfied with the Season. I've seen a fantastic effort from my Dallas Cowboys!!!

Alright. Its the playoffs and Im officially excited.

No more excuses.

Time for the Cowboys to take that step.

A Cowboys win will not upset me. Major props to Jerry Jones for demanding his players stand this year. I was very grateful for him doing that.

• Like 1

But only if they take care of business when they need to. Yesterdays game shouldn't have been nearly that close and dramatic.

Man I hate the sea birds and their ugly GATORAID Unis!

They are a hump the Cowboys need to get over.

The Seahawks are simply bad Mojo to the Cowboys, :ninja: I swear there must be some voodoo in there somewhere!

Even though there were some casualties and it was a "close" game, we got over that hump! :thumbsup:

Dallas is first playoff team without a starter over 30 in 31 years

Posted by Charean Williams on January 10, 2019, 2:51 PM EST

The Cowboys ended the regular season with the second-youngest roster at 26 years, two weeks. Only the Browns, at 25 years, 10 months, were younger, according to the Cowboys’ public relations staff.

That hasn’t stopped the Cowboys from winning the NFC East title and a wild-card playoff game.

“Very young but very experienced,” quarterback Dak Prescott said. “A lot of the guys that are two or three years in have played all two or three years that they’ve been in the league. That gives you a lot of experience and a lot of great experience especially all the close games we’ve had over a couple years that serves us well. But just that youth also benefits us, having it, coming out here this late in the year and have practices like we had with the energy, the focus, it’s all going to pay off.”

The Cowboys have only two players over the age of 30: Linebacker Sean Lee, who played only four snaps last weekend, is 32; long snapper Louis-Philippe Ladouceur is 37.

That means all 22 of the Cowboys’ starters are under the age of 30. That prompted a great question posed by Bobby Belt of NFL Network on Twitter: When was the last time a playoff team had all 22 starters under the age of 30?

The Elias Sports Bureau answered PFT‘s query: The last team with no starters over the age of 30 in a playoff game was the Saints on Jan. 3, 1988.

DAL will try to extend Garrett this offseason

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys plan to negotiate a long-term extension with coach Jason Garrett in the offseason.

Garrett's under contract through the 2019 season, but the Cowboys want to work with him towards an extension reportedly worth upwards of $8 million per year. It was only the beginning of November when Garrett was speculated to be coaching for his job, and now it sounds as if he'll be Dallas' head coach for the foreseeable future. While that certainly makes him clap endlessly, Garrett was undoubtedly out-coached at every turn this year and only showed life once the front office made staffing changes to surrounding coaches and coordinators. Garrett's last extension (which will be outdone) was a five-year deal worth $6 million annually.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Jan 12 - 12:01 PM

DAL will try to extend Garrett this offseason

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys plan to negotiate a long-term extension with coach Jason Garrett in the offseason.

Garrett's under contract through the 2019 season, but the Cowboys want to work with him towards an extension reportedly worth upwards of $8 million per year. It was only the beginning of November when Garrett was speculated to be coaching for his job, and now it sounds as if he'll be Dallas' head coach for the foreseeable future. While that certainly makes him clap endlessly, Garrett was undoubtedly out-coached at every turn this year and only showed life once the front office made staffing changes to surrounding coaches and coordinators. Garrett's last extension (which will be outdone) was a five-year deal worth $6 million annually.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Jan 12 - 12:01 PM

If he makes it to the dance, then Id be ok with it. If he comes up short, all bets are off.

This should make Cruzer happy :lol:

Jason Garrett - C - Cowboys

Sorry but this is crappy news as we have seen what Garrett can do and that simply isn't enough to take this team back to the Super Bowl. As a result, all those (including myself) Kris Richard would become the Head Coach can now say goodbye to that idea as he will be gone either this off-season or next.

Cowboys came back from the dead to get to where they are! Credit to phenom Zeke and surprisingly good defense.

It's time to pay the piper. :ninja: Rams blow them out of the stadium. Cowboy fans get another season to wonder if Dak is any good after not reaching 3,900 passing yards for his third full season - not to mention god awful passing Td's.

Opportunities like this come around every season for Dallas, I'm sure they'll be back. :overhead:

Cowboys came back from the dead to get to where they are! Credit to phenom Zeke and surprisingly good defense.

It's time to pay the piper. :ninja: Rams blow them out of the stadium. Cowboy fans get another season to wonder if Dak is any good after not reaching 3,900 passing yards for his third full season - not to mention god awful passing Td's.

Opportunities like this come around every season for Dallas, I'm sure they'll be back. :overhead:

we shall see

We got our a$$es handed to us all game, and we were somehow still in the game under 2 minutes.

Missing in action were......

Zeke :mad:

The ENTIRE Defense :wall:

The Rams were clearly the better team this year......congrats! :first:

22-30... closer than I thought. Credit Cowboys for getting as far as they did this season. Nobody saw them in the 2nd round of the playoffs after week 6.

Huge time of possession difference... 23:47 DAL to 36:13 LAR. Cowboys coudn't stop the run. If Dallas had gotten just a couple more drives during that game, who knows.

22-30... closer than I thought. Credit Cowboys for getting as far as they did this season. Nobody saw them in the 2nd round of the playoffs after week 6.

Huge time of possession difference... 23:47 DAL to 36:13 LAR. Cowboys coudn't stop the run. If Dallas had gotten just a couple more drives during that game, who knows.

I think we somehow win this game if somebody, ANYBODY keeps their freakin' eye on Goff and make a simple tackle on the last series. :wall: I seriously don't know TODAY'S Cowboy Defense. :mad:

The Cowboys haven't done anything noteworthy since the 20th Century, and have 4 playoff wins since 1996.

Elliott didn't do too much slurping last night, only getting 47 yards.

I love it.

I think we somehow win this game if somebody, ANYBODY keeps their freakin' eye on Goff and make a simple tackle on the last series. :wall: I seriously don't know TODAY'S Cowboy Defense. :mad:

Thats how I felt the week before when Dak went right up the middle on us. What was it, 3rd and 14 or something like that.

Hold them to a FG, and Wilson has a shot at a game winning TD drive. Then, bam. There he goes. First down. WTF!

You guys had a good year though. Plus, you made a great trade for Cooper in the process.

Thats how I felt the week before when Dak went right up the middle on us. What was it, 3rd and 14 or something like that.

Hold them to a FG, and Wilson has a shot at a game winning TD drive. Then, bam. There he goes. First down. WTF!

You guys had a good year though. Plus, you made a great trade for Cooper in the process.

Kopy that! :thumbsup:

Yeah.....that must have been excruciating :shocking:

22-30... closer than I thought.

It really wasn't even this close. We were lucky it wasn't 30-7 at half.... The Rams punted once, moved the ball at will.

When your defense can't get their offense off the field, you have to maximize the few possessions you have. And your QB can't be the reason you can't keep drives alive - and ours was. Between Dak and Linehan - this offense never had a chance.

This should make Cruzer happy :lol:

Jason Garrett - C - Cowboys

Sorry but this is crappy news as we have seen what Garrett can do and that simply isn't enough to take this team back to the Super Bowl. As a result, all those (including myself) Kris Richard would become the Head Coach can now say goodbye to that idea as he will be gone either this off-season or next.

2 things are happening: Red is staying and Dak is getting extended.

Our only hope is that Linehan gets the axe... If not, there's a good chance this team doesn't see a SB for another 23 years.

2 things are happening: Red is staying and Dak is getting extended.

Our only hope is that Linehan gets the axe... If not, there's a good chance this team doesn't see a SB for another 23 years.

Garrett expects OC Scott Linehan to return

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett expects OC Scott Linehan to return for the 2019 season.

The sound you hear is every Cowboys fan screaming in horror. While the offense certainly improved after Amari Cooper was added to the passing attack, Linehan's predictable play-calling hampered the offense all season and was on display even as Dallas was able to win one game in the playoffs. If Dallas is dead set on keeping Linehan, they should at least add some offensive assistants who can help push this offense toward a more modern approach.

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter Jan 14 - 9:52 AM

Garrett expects OC Scott Linehan to return

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett expects OC Scott Linehan to return for the 2019 season.

The sound you hear is every Cowboys fan screaming in horror. While the offense certainly improved after Amari Cooper was added to the passing attack, Linehan's predictable play-calling hampered the offense all season and was on display even as Dallas was able to win one game in the playoffs. If Dallas is dead set on keeping Linehan, they should at least add some offensive assistants who can help push this offense toward a more modern approach.

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter Jan 14 - 9:52 AM

Yea - I heard the radio interview this morning with Red.. In typical Red fashion, he said, "We plan to bring Scott back, he did a fantastic job this year.. We will go to work and try and improve as a football team...." :wall: