Sign in to follow this  
GARO

Drop Brieda for Mostert?

Would you drop Brieda for Mostert or just stay patient with Brieda if you can afford to wait?

Patience Grasshopper.

All good things come to those who WAIT......

Team?

Qbs: Goff, Wilson, Trubiski

Rbs: Gurley, Mixon, Coleman, L. Miller, Brieda.

Wrs: T. Hill, K. Allen, A. Jeffrey, Golladay

TE: O. Howard

Def: Vikings

K: Zuerlein

I'd drop my kicker and pick up Mostert right now. THen I would try to package deal Wilson and Trubisky (I don't have a ton faith in Trubisky rest of season, so he's a sell high right now) for another QB like Rivers. Rivers is on bye, so maybe the Rivers owner would bite. If you can get this 2 for 1 trade done soon enough, you can then pick up a kicker again with the open spot.

QB Winston and Ryan

RB Fournette, Miller, Yeldon, Gore, Aaron Jones

WR Adam's, Diggs, Edelman, Kupp, Trequan Smith

TE Kittle

Drop anyone for Mostert or Ronald Jones?

Qbs: Goff, Wilson, Trubiski

Rbs: Gurley, Mixon, Coleman, L. Miller, Brieda.

Wrs: T. Hill, K. Allen, A. Jeffrey, Golladay

TE: O. Howard

Def: Vikings

K: Zuerlein

Is this a two Qb league? If not drop Wilson.

• Like 1

QB Winston and Ryan

RB Fournette, Miller, Yeldon, Gore, Aaron Jones

WR Adam's, Diggs, Edelman, Kupp, Trequan Smith

TE Kittle

Drop anyone for Mostert or Ronald Jones?

Really depends on how much you trust Gore.

I like Gore right now more then the other two.

So no to your question.

I'd drop my kicker and pick up Mostert right now. THen I would try to package deal Wilson and Trubisky (I don't have a ton faith in Trubisky rest of season, so he's a sell high right now) for another QB like Rivers. Rivers is on bye, so maybe the Rivers owner would bite. If you can get this 2 for 1 trade done soon enough, you can then pick up a kicker again with the open spot.

95% of the time I have no problem dropping a kicker for an early week stash while trying swing a 2 for 1. However, dropping The Leg to try and make a marginal at best upgrade at QB isn't worth it.

95% of the time I have no problem dropping a kicker for an early week stash while trying swing a 2 for 1. However, dropping The Leg to try and make a marginal at best upgrade at QB isn't worth it.

you aren't dropping The Leg for just Rivers (who btw is better than Wilson)...you are dropping The Leg for a QB upgrade/consolidation AND to add Mostert, who will likely start this week with Breida hobbled.

Is this a two Qb league? If not drop Wilson.

No bro. I'm only holding on to all 3 because of their inconsistency. I keep looking at Wilson's fantasy playoff matchups and they're very good. Meanwhile Goff and Trubisky not so much. Plus Wilson might heat up in 2nd half. So it's difficult to drop him.

• Like 1

you aren't dropping The Leg for just Rivers (who btw is better than Wilson)...you are dropping The Leg for a QB upgrade/consolidation AND to add Mostert, who will likely start this week with Breida hobbled.

I think Greg is the best kicker in fantasy and consistently gives a team an advantage at that position. In a vacuum Rivers is an upgrade but when you consider the QB position as a whole and the fact this team has three, Rivers isn't a massive upgrade. Streaming between two of them is likely to give you similar or better results as Rivers will.

No bro. I'm only holding on to all 3 because of their inconsistency. I keep looking at Wilson's fantasy playoff matchups and they're very good. Meanwhile Goff and Trubisky not so much. Plus Wilson might heat up in 2nd half. So it's difficult to drop him.

He might heat up like you said, and with the Rams winning so much and playing in a weak divison he might be sitting come playoffs.

So up might be right.

Maybe.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

I'm a Breida fan who drafted him, but I dropped him after his last injury. I just don't think he can handle even half a workload- always seems to get dinged up.

I took a flier on Mostert, but really think that will be a muddled backfield unless Mostert lights it up.

• Like 1

I'm a Breida fan who drafted him, but I dropped him after his last injury. I just don't think he can handle even half a workload- always seems to get dinged up.

I took a flier on Mostert, but really think that will be a muddled backfield unless Mostert lights it up.

Yeah I only like him if Breida is out which I'm hoping they do. Outside of that Breida is the one to own if healthy and that's obviously always the concern, just staying healthy.

He just needs to relish the position when Breida is out.

If he can put a little mustard on it he could earn more playing time.

I think the real key is if it's spicy Mostert he could be in for a big week, if it's Honey Mostert that would probably be bad for his prospects at the dessert

Thinking about picking up Mostert as well. Would you guys drop Clement for Mostert?

I did just that.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I would drop Clement for him but I have Clement in as an RB 2 in a league where I lost Michel and Gio and well it's either him or Mostert this week.

With the Jags defense likely to limit Clement....if Brieda is out I think I'm subbing to Mostert. PPR

SF is 1-6 with no chance of making the Playoffs.

I'd wonder if they'd be better off resting a banged up Breida and seeing what they have with Mostert.

I've picked him up in all but 1 league where I got out bid for him and am starting him as a flex in all leagues against a really craptastic AZ run D.

Here it goes again, he got in a limited practice today. Just give him a week off so I can start Mostert in peace!

Colonel Mostert with the lead pipe in the locker room.

Some of the younger guys don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Anyone touching this tonight? If Breida goes?

I have Breida still and am tempted, trying to resist...

I have to start Breida, Mixon on a bye and Michel is sketchy yet, either start Breida or risk banking on Michel playing. Not sure what route I’m going yet.

Anyone touching this tonight? If Breida goes?

I have Breida still and am tempted, trying to resist...

Starting with confidence....

Ooh, Beathard out? Not that he's great but that does throw a wrench in things further.

Yea I have Michel as well and can't bank on that but have options, matchups aren't great: backups are Golladay and T Coleman.

Confident of what?

In the glaring ineptitude of the Raiders run defense. 224 yards and 2 TD's surrendered just last week.

So what are you confident he gives you pointswise?

Not sure.....but likely more than Coleman can give me Monday night against the Redskin run D.

I am confident of the matchup tonight, and confident in Breida's abilities/toughness. I am hopeful that they pound the rock all night with their 3rd string QB starting, and hopeful that Breida doesn't tweak his ankle again.

In other words, if he plays a full game, I expect a minimum of 100 combined yards....and maybe a TD. I am hopeful for more.

Cool that is confident. GL

Thanks, I'll need it.....this is fantasy football after all, so he'll probably be pulled again after 1st play from scrimmage.

Of course Mostert cashes in with the long TD instead of Breida.....