Sign in to follow this  
Old School

FSBO

Anyone done a for sale by owner on their home?

What/ who did you use for the legalities and what did it cost you?

We are in a pretty hot area. House will move fast. Dont want to pay 6% but dont want some shister to rob us.

Yeah- Im clueless.

When I sold my home I negotiated the commission down to like 3% due to how much prices had gone up in the 5 years I owned it. The realtor understood and had no issue with a lower commission.

I bought my home without a realtor, but my gf at the time (34B) was a lawyer.

The whole process is pretty standardized, and a realtor is only beneficial when things go wrong. No way in hell do they justify their commission with most purchases.

Having sold a few homes I can say it all depends. Hot market? Give it a shot, noone can make you sign anything. You'll still need a lawyer, they do the heavy lifting anyway. You can always re-list it if you're not in a hurry. I did it.

Every agent will be working against you and will only show your house as a last resort or if the buyer found it online.

I say this reluctantly, but youre better off with an agent if youre new to this.

Every agent will be working against you and will only show your house as a last resort or if the buyer found it online.

I say this reluctantly, but youre better off with an agent if youre new to this.

I want to sell in the next few years. This is my worry. When i sold my house outside Phoenix, the realtor had one open house and it sold instantly. I paid over $12k for his services. What a waste.

With the Internet, I just dont understand how realtors are still in business.

I want to sell in the next few years. This is my worry. When i sold my house outside Phoenix, the realtor had one open house and it sold instantly. I paid over $12k for his services. What a waste.

Like I said, I did it, but it was 2012 and I had somewhat of a time constraint. If you don't , I'd say give it a shot. It wasn't a bad experience, but ask for a commitment letter from any prospective buyers lender. People like to talk, make them show

Yeah, this.

Basically, access to MLS used to be their 'thing'.

Now, anybody with a phone...

Good riddance. It's basically a job for bored Housewives and otherwise horribly unqualified divorcees.

Not too worried about advertising- a sign in the yard and a listing on a couple local websites and it should have an offer within 2 weeks.

More concerned about a shister trying to be us in some leagaleze

Im researching some flat fee agaents who will help for $1500 or so.

Hoping to move into a newer home and get rid of the mortgage.

When I sold my home I negotiated the commission down to like 3% due to how much prices had gone up in the 5 years I owned it. The realtor understood and had no issue with a lower commission.

[RLLD] You are not a good person [/RLLD]