Sign in to follow this  
plasma george

Cook may play with a limited role ?

What happened to him playing when he's 100% ?

I hate BS NFL Injury reports. Is this Fake News ?

Why on earth would they risk him tweaking it yet again, with the Bye Week next week and a nice 2 week rest ?

Ben Goessling of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Cook is expected to return from a four-game absence and handle a limited role alongside Latavius Murray, with the caveat that Minnesota had the same plan for Week 6 against Arizona. The Vikings instead ruled Cook out for that contest after his hamstring felt tight in pregame warmups, and we've subsequently seen the running back held out for two more games. It's only reasonable to expect another game-time decision ahead of Sunday's 1:00 PM kickoff. It will be tough to trust either Murray or Cook in fantasy lineups if the latter is cleared to play, though they do have a favorable matchup with a Detroit defense that's allowing 5.1 yards per carry and 144.6 rushing yards per game.

With the Vikings bye coming up in Week 10, it would make sense to hold him out, especially if they think he's not close to 100%. This might be just a headfake for the Lions and Cook is inactive on Sunday, but the Vikings haven't really handled Cook's injury situation the best this year.

• Like 1

Weird post.

What would you like them to do? Cater to your stupid fantasy team?

It is kind of a fantasy site. We all rant about "injustices" to our fantasy team to a degree.

Just saw another post from a Vikings reporter saying she expects Cook to play less then ten snaps.

I agree with the OP why even risk it now.

Give him two weeks of rest.

I’m not a owner of Cook in ff, and I do approve of this message.

Thanks

Just saw another post from a Vikings reporter saying she expects Cook to play less then ten snaps.

I agree with the OP why even risk it now.

Give him two weeks of rest.

Im not a owner of Cook in ff, and I do approve of this message.

Thanks

Thats whats making me think this is coaching BS just to play games with the Lions coaching staff

What can come from 10 snaps ?

I AM a Cook owner and would rather them sit him and be a beast after the Bye

Also Murray owner

Thats whats making me think this is coaching BS just to play games with the Lions coaching staff

What can come from 10 snaps ?

I AM a Cook owner and would rather them sit him and be a beast after the Bye

Also Murray owner

Agreed.

Thanks for the reply.

It is kind of a fantasy site. We all rant about "injustices" to our fantasy team to a degree.

Sure when it is tongue in cheek threads like FU thread.

But what is the outrage here? Players across the whole league are partially hurt and coaches not only dont know if they will play but monitor their useage series to series.

What are we crying about here? Start someone else if you dont have the right info to gauge the outcome.

The pats said they would sit Gordon down for a quarter and then didnt. This is a crapshoot all around.

Sounds moronic if it's true. So they send him out there in an inconsequential role to get a few token carries on the eve of a bye week and he blows the hammy again, junking the rest of his season. Brilliant.

With the Vikings bye coming up in Week 10, it would make sense to hold him out, especially if they think he's not close to 100%. This might be just a headfake for the Lions and Cook is inactive on Sunday, but the Vikings haven't really handled Cook's injury situation the best this year.

Agreed, this is about as bad as anyone has handled any injury in recent history.

Sure when it is tongue in cheek threads like FU thread.

But what is the outrage here? Players across the whole league are partially hurt and coaches not only dont know if they will play but monitor their useage series to series.

What are we crying about here? Start someone else if you dont have the right info to gauge the outcome.

The pats said they would sit Gordon down for a quarter and then didnt. This is a crapshoot all around.

Such an unhappy person. I feel sorry for you and those around you.

Until it's Sunday just an hour or so before kickoff and he's in the line up, I would assume he's out,

The last game he played he tweaked it and he was on a limited snap count then.

If you have a decent option otherwise, I would go that way until Cook can prove he can stay healthy and be productive

Im rolling with Murray whether Cook plays or not. Personally I dont see why they play him with the bye coming up, but it sounds like even if he does play, its not gonna be very much. Murray might end up getting 80-85% of the snaps even if Cook does play

This a little off topic but this report just came out:

ESPN's Courtney Cronin reports Stefon Diggs's (questionable, ribs) status is in doubt for Sunday's game with Detroit.

The Vikings promoted Chad Beebe from the practice squad, a sign they don't expect Diggs to be active.
How does the likelihood of Diggs being inactive affect the Vikings Offense and game plan on sunday?

They won’t be passing it to Diggs since he won’t be playing would be the change.

The way to the heart of Detroits defense is running it down their throat unless Snacks Harrison eventually shores up their interior.

But let us be honest: like Chris Harris keeps yelling, we are not good at knowing what many teams will do from week to week. Aka we do not know gameplan. We are not great at predicting gameflow.

Also, Kirk Cousins is one of the most weird and unpredictable starting QBs out there. Think: Buffalo game this year. Saints last week. Not that it was all his fault, but still...the man has had some amazing stinkers happen on his watch. I stopped trusting him stats be d@nged years ago.

For my money, there is no way I would start Dalvin Cook this week. There is just no telling how they handle him with a bye coming. But of the possible outcomes, how could you assume that he shows up and gets 25 touches without reaching into the most optimistic part of your mind and soul?

Exactly. See? So, what are you afraid of missing? A long run? A couple pooch tds? Sure, those could happen, but again: who could reasonably predict that based on what we know/do not know?

Im rolling with Murray whether Cook plays or not. Personally I dont see why they play him with the bye coming up, but it sounds like even if he does play, its not gonna be very much. Murray might end up getting 80-85% of the snaps even if Cook does play

Same issue, I also have Murray and Cook

from a FF perspective, him playing today muddies the water for us

From Football perspective it seems risky for your Bell cow who is sooo close to 100%, for a playoff run

If I was coach, Id sit him and see if they win the game With out him

If therere in a tight battle amd Murray isnt getting it down, have cook start the 2nd half to spark the offense

I've got both, but it doesn't bother me to get Cook in there for a few series to be honest. I'd rather see him go out there and look health (perhaps even a little explosive?) this week than have to wait to see what happens next week.

From a real football perspective, I do wonder why they play him this week - who knows, maybe he really is 100%?

I have Cook and Murray. I am starting Murray. If Cook looks great and has a great day, I'll be happy knowing he is back and can hopefully contribute rest of season. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Ok. We saw what Dalvin Cook did yesterday. He had to be full speed on that 70 yard run and he didn't pull up lame. Bye week and then its on! Hoping so much he is dominant after holding his butt on my roster for weeks. Thoughts on week 11 at Chicago?

I have Cook and Murray. As far as Cook goes, we have him for three games before the end of the season. I think it’s going to be to little to late. I took the risk but should have realized he is no purple Jesus. I know you can’t win a season on your first pick but you sure can lose it. I should have picked Fournette there.

Ok. We saw what Dalvin Cook did yesterday. He had to be full speed on that 70 yard run and he didn't pull up lame. Bye week and then its on! Hoping so much he is dominant after holding his butt on my roster for weeks. Thoughts on week 11 at Chicago?

Start him if he’s healthy n