Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

What do you give yourself for a weekly allowance

And what do you spend it on? Just a normal weekly routine. You got nothing else going on where you need extra cash for something.

(Take for granted I'm just poor white folk just trying to survive)

But I give myself a $100 a week.

$50 goes to gas

$30 for a case of beer and a bag of beef jerky

$10 for a once a week pizza chip in

$10 for Dunkin Donuts

$100 including gas, that is a pretty good budget..... :thumbsup:

I don't really do that, but I rarely spend money on things for myself. I fill up the truck with gas as needed, bring lunch to work and eat most dinners at home. If there's a movie we wanna see, we go on Tues with a half price deal.

We eat out more often during our boys' baseball and basketball seasons since we're constantly on the run.

I don't really do that, but I rarely spend money on things for myself. I fill up the truck with gas as needed, bring lunch to work and eat most dinners at home. If there's a movie we wanna see, we go on Tues with a half price deal.

We eat out more often during our boys' baseball and basketball seasons since we're constantly on the run.

This.

I prefer to keep money rather than spend it. I like eating at home, I make better food, really love cooking.

• Like 1

The wife and I buy what we want but if it's over $100, we tend to check with each other. I'm 50 and she's 47 and our kids are grown and self sufficient.

Were at a grand until a discussion is warranted.

• Like 1

Normal weeks, pretty much this.

Beer/alcohol is in the grocery budget :D

Normal weeks, pretty much this.

Beer/alcohol is in the grocery budget :D

Correct. I really only drink wine anymore, and I get that at the grocery store.

If I'm headed to the golf course for a money game, I'll pull out $260.. Not sure why, guess it's a lucky number - but always $260.

For a normal week w/out golf.. I'll allow about $100 for HH's, eating out, etc.

I'm reasonably comfortable these days and don't stress much. Unofficially, I have three tiers of spending. Just generally.....

• Tier 1: Gas, coffee, whiskey, meals, groceries, drinks at the bar, golf balls, etc. I am fortunate that I can now buy these type things with no limits or thoughts necessary. When younger and at the bar 2-4 night a week, that wouldn't have fit into this tier, but now I go out maybe twice a month so I'm fine spending whatever on drinks.
  • Tier 2: Clothes, shoes, a new golf cub. etc. I can buy whatever I want without stress, but I just try and be mindful of not doing so too often.
  • Tier 3: Anything like a trip involving flights/hotels/etc or higher. This is when I actually slow down and look at the checking and savings accounts and think about what I'm comfortable spending at the given time.

That said, I feel fortunate to be comfortable as I am at the moment. I did have to do the weekly budget thing a few years back when things were tight. The basic effect was everything shifted a Tier. Gas, drinks at the bar, groceries all required me being mindful and not overdoing it. Shoes or a new 3 Wood meant looking at the checking account and thinking it through. A vacation had to be planned well in advance and I'd have to consciously put money aside for it.

• Like 2

This. But I don’t spend much, maybe $50 on food and $30 on gas.

I buy a lot of stuff on credit cards.

- My gas is probably $30-35/week on credit card.

- Coffee most mornings costs about $15 week and I have an app on my phone for it.

- Lunch is probably $45-50 week with me paying by credit card probably half the time

- Bar tab is probably $25-$40 a week always in cash

- We may go out to dinner couple of times as a family and I pay by credit card

- Hookers for $200 week paid by check :D

- Coffee most mornings costs about $15 week and I have an app on my phone for it.

- Lunch is probably $45-50 week with me paying by credit card probably half the time

Yeah, I carry no cash, so it’s all on a card. All I carry is a drivers license and cc. No wallet.

Yeah, I carry no cash, so it’s all on a card. All I carry is a drivers license and cc. No wallet.

Are you that guy that runs his card for a 1$ bottle of water at the convenience store? I hate that guy! Holds up the line, because he can't be bothered to carry a couple bucks on him.

Are you that guy that runs his card for a 1$ bottle of water at the convenience store? I hate that guy! Holds up the line, because he can't be bothered to carry a couple bucks on him.

I rarely shop at convenience stores, or anywhere for that matter. But it doesn’t take long at all with RFID cards...might actually be faster than fumbling for cash and making change.

I rarely shop at convenience stores, or anywhere for that matter. But it doesn’t take long at all with RFID cards...might actually be faster than fumbling for cash and making change.

My experience as well. I carry a little cash but, it seems to be easier to run the card.

My experience as well. I carry a little cash but, it seems to be easier to run the card.

Most places, you just tap the card and go - no PIN, debit vs. credit, signature, etc. I tried to find info online comparing modern cards vs. cash but couldn’t, but doesn’t seem like I’m holding anyone up.

Security may be an issue for those cards though. I need to start using a sleeve to foil skimming.

Very close to mine.

40 or so for gas

Maybe 45 to 50 for lunch. I like eating lunch out. Dunno why, but I do.

I wont include dinner cause that's a her and I thing. This is just my spend

During the winter my bar tab goes up cause I like to hit a local cigar bar and have one and a beer or two. Couple times a week.

$6 in morning coffee. Mcdonalds. I actually think their coffee is decebt.

Every one of these expenses incurs nagging from the wife. She will act like we wont be able to pay the flippin mortgage or something. But c'est la vie

I can usually stick to $800/month. That does not include gas or bills, but it does include everything else.

Most weeks I spend hardly anything.

Last week, I. Bought a new phone for ($650) , and plane tickets to Israel ($1200 only one way), although the wife paid half of the latter.

At some point I'll have to book the return flight and hotels and such.

Thats kind of our pattern. Spend nothing during the semester (our monthly expenses are basically $50 a month for phone and internet) and then have a Badass vacation that takes a chunk of cash.

Seriously. Most of the vendors have started requiring a minimum. What are you a woman? Carry some cash.

So Titans, you guys don't eat all month?

And how the hell do you -other poster - ring up a 25 to $40 bar tab? In a week? Shiit, $1 Draft Bar?

Are you that guy that buys $1 bottles of water at the convenient store? Plus these stores always have $5 minimums on cards for the most part. Plus, No difference in time really if you use a card. Teller doesn't have to go in and pull out the change.

I hate the idiots with the whole it saves time! Thing.

Really? This was the big schedule killer in your life? Your daily stop for mints snd a bottle of water was just taking what like 30 minutes out of your day? These darn bills! Making change is hard! Let me call in my regional manager!

Please, it's effectively a wash either way, worst case scenario, it's a what? Two-minute differential either way?

Thank God for my debit card! Now I can learn Mandarin in my spare time!

Really? This was the bigschedule killer in your life? Your daily stop for mints in a bottle of water with just taking what like 30 minutes out of your day? These darn bills! Making change is hard! Let me call in my regional manager!

Please, it's effectively a wash either way, worst case scenario, it's a what? Two-minute differential either way?

Two minutes is way over selling it. 5 second differential would be more accurate. Then they spend 5 hours of their day online complaining about society?

Now, being behind lottery people, different story.

Two minutes is way over selling it. 5 second differential would be more accurate. Then they spend 5 hours of their day online complaining about society?

First time you and I agree.

😁🍻

Oh, people who buy scratchers and then scratch right there at the counter? There should be an exemption for stabbing those people in the face.

Oh, people who buy scratchers and then scratch right there at the counter? There should be an exemption for stabbing those people in the face.

And the ones that are spewing out their daily pick 3 numbers, buying like 25 combinations at a clip of one ticket every 15 seconds then at the end just saying oh, and I will have one of these scratch cards and just throw in 2 of those …..

First time you and I agree.

:cheers:

All we are saaayyyinnnggg, is give peace a chaaaancce…..

So Titans, you guys don't eat all month?

And how the hell do you -other poster - ring up a 25 to $40 bar tab? In a week? Shiit, $1 Draft Bar?

Of course I do. I'd say my weekly food and booze tab runs something in the neighborhood of $100-200, depending on how often I go out.

And the ones that are spewing out their daily pick 3 numbers, buying like 25 combinations at a clip of one ticket every 15 seconds then at the end just saying oh, and I will have one of these scratch cards and just throw in 2 of those ..

9 times out of 10. Naggers. And Spics. Probably on welfare.

Really? This was the big schedule killer in your life? Your daily stop for mints snd a bottle of water was just taking what like 30 minutes out of your day? These darn bills! Making change is hard! Let me call in my regional manager!

Thank God for my debit card! Now I can learn Mandarin in my spare time!

Wait, Im confused. I dont avoid carrying cash to save time - I thought the cash advocates were the ones complaining about their time being wasted.

I just want to carry as little as possible; an ID + cc is all you need the vast majority of the time. :dunno:

Wait, Im confused. I dont avoid carrying cash to save time - I thought the cash advocates were the ones complaining about their time being wasted.

I just want to carry as little as possible; an ID + cc is all you need the vast majority of the time. :dunno:

All I carry is my phone. ID is in there and I pay for everything with it.

I spend what the government sends me. Some stores dont let me heat up my sandwich if I pay with EBT. I find that strange.

The good news is, unlike social security recipients, Ive never had to worry about my benefits arriving.