Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

Reasons why the Rolling Stones are better than the Beatles

I find peeps are either stones or Who fans.

#MeWho

I love The Who far more than the Stones, but they're #4 on the list. :thumbsup:

I don't enjoy listening to The Beatles at all, makes me want to shove ice picks into my ears.

Stones > Beatles

The Beatles gave the Stones their first (British) hit that got their career going. True story.

I'm pretty sure I remember you talking about how all new music sucks

I seriously doubt I said it like that.

I prolly have a wider spectrum of music tastes than any other poster here.

The Beatles gave the Stones their first (British) hit that got their career going. True story.

I've always felt that the Beatles took us from the (their) shmaltzy pop rock era to true rock, hence why I put them at the top. When I'm listening from that era, I'd pick the Who, also Zep, maybe Stones ahead of the Beatles, but the Beatles were influential in making it happen. :cheers:

This love affair for either the Stones or the Beatles is cute, but we all know the best and greatest band in the world is U2. Check and mate.

</endOfThread>

Uh... no.

This love affair for either the Stones or the Beatles is cute, but we all know the best and greatest band in the world is U2. Check and mate.

</endOfThread>

holy crap, total retard alert!

U2 is right up there with Springsteen in most overrated artist category.

</endOfThread>

There is no band I hate more then U2. Change the station every time they come on. Rather listen to commercials.

Did I tell you that I met them ?

There is no band I hate more then U2. Change the station every time they come on. Rather listen to commercials.

Did I tell you that I met them ?

No you did not. I'd be interested in hearing about it. Bono seems like a pretentious douche, but I can get around that with the perfect music they make - except No Line On The Horizon. Hated that album.

I do not hate the work they did with BB King. But thats out of respect for BB

I will iFight you right now over them words.

I couldn't hit someone as retarded as a U2 fan.

The only edge you may have is your retard strength.

I couldn't hit someone as retarded as a U2 fan.

The only edge you may have is your retard strength.

Awww...isn't that The Sweetest Thing? Well, it's a Beautiful Day so I'll meet you out Where The Streets Have No Name. Unless, of course, you have Vertigo, but I'll be there With or Without You.

• Like 1

after you get passed Rattle and Hum, U2 is pure garbage

You know what else is garbage? YOUR FACE!!!

Seriously, though, Achtung Baby and Zooropa were their best albums, but Rattle and Hum is up there too.

</endOfThread>

Lol U2 :lol:

And who said they didn't make any good tunes in the 80's or 90's?

Seriously, though, Achtung Baby and Zooropa were their best albums, but Rattle and Hum is up there too.

Joshua Tree and its not even close.

Seriously U2 got some good jams. My favorite.

After that though they went downhill fast. Not much they did worth a sh!t after except mysterious ways. Their first decade was epic. They should have quit then because after that they were trash.

never, never understood the love for the Stones, or Aerosmith, I personally think outside a couple of songs from each of them, they generally suck

Smoke a bowl and crank this one up

I've never heard anyone claim Zooropa was U2's best album........... which makes sense since it sucked.

U2's wheelhouse was War, The Unforgettable Fire, and The Joshua Tree (maybe Rattle and Hum). After that it went downhill. I can't put them in the same discussion as the Beatles or the Stones, but IMO they were the top rock band of the 80s, so that is something I guess. :dunno:

• Like 1

U2's wheelhouse was War, The Unforgettable Fire, and The Joshua Tree (maybe Rattle and Hum). After that it went downhill. I can't put them in the same discussion as the Beatles or the Stones, but IMO they were the top rock band of the 80s, so that is something I guess. :dunno:

Achtung Baby and Zooropa were masterpieces. After that you could argue that it wasn't the same, but to also not include those two seminal albums is a mistake of the highest order. The HIGHEST order.

Achtung Baby is really good. That was pretty much their last worthwhile album. U2 shouldnt even be in the discussion for best bands all time.

Achtung Baby is really good. That was pretty much their last worthwhile album. U2 shouldnt even be in the discussion for best bands all time.

I'm not a big fan, but think they belong in the top 50

I'm not a big fan, but think they belong in the top 50

Not a fan either. If someone said Top 50 sure I guess you can make a case for it. But #1? Fock no.

Not a fan either. If someone said Top 50 sure I guess you can make a case for it. But #1? Fock no.

I bet you like the Mamas and the Poppas from back then. Mama Cass is right up your alley. Lol.