Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

New Study: Climate Change report from the White House

Charlotte Observer

Climate change will cause more heat waves, flooding and worse storm impacts, and change life for people in the Carolinas, according to a report released by the White House the day after Thanksgiving.

Higher sea levels will bring more and worse coastal flooding, a warming ocean will bring stronger storms, and extreme heat waves will become longer and more frequent in the Southeast, the Fourth National Climate Assessment predicts. The report lays out dire warnings for the Carolinas and the nation on the coming impacts from climate change.

“Throughout the southeastern United States, the impacts of sea level rise, increasing temperatures, extreme heat events, heavy precipitation, and decreased water availability continue to have numerous consequences for human health, the built environment, and the natural world,” the report states.

Fourth National Climate Assessment

Surprised that Posty hasn't already made a thread about this...he's usually the man on the spot for this sort of stuff.

Climate Change = Geoengineering

Man Made = YES.......but not from Fossil Fuels

"Fossil Fuels" = :lol:

Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other,

reach for your wallet, because you're being had.

- Michael Crichton

Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other,

reach for your wallet, because you're being had.

- Michael Crichton

Is that a quote from one of his best selling books? :wacko:

• Like 1

Any benefits to global warming? I guess we would lose some shoreline and polar bears, but what about a warmer climate? Has to be some benefit.

Any benefits to global warming? I guess we would lose some shoreline and polar bears, but what about a warmer climate? Has to be some benefit.

People have argued it is beneficial, at least it the short term (until 2080 in this article). https://www.spectator.co.uk/2013/10/carry-on-warming/

The chief benefits of global warming include: fewer winter deaths; lower energy costs; better agricultural yields; probably fewer droughts; maybe richer biodiversity. It is a little-known fact that winter deaths exceed summer deaths — not just in countries like Britain but also those with very warm summers, including Greece. Both Britain and Greece see mortality rates rise by 18 per cent each winter. Especially cold winters cause a rise in heart failures far greater than the rise in deaths during heatwaves.

nobody ever takes into the equation that CO2 increases plant growth astronomically, or that mankind has the ability to adapt

I have read that plant life has increased by something along the line of 33% in response to increases in Co2

Cows fart. Therefore they're bad.

We should kill and eat them to reduce their numbers.

I have read that plant life has increased by something along the line of 33% in response to increases in Co2

So maybe with the unchecked population we have, especially in third world shitholes, those creatures get to eat, where they wouldn't without all that excess plant growth. Global warming saves lives?

Global Warming: Another Doomsday Climate Model Flunks A Math Test

Everyone makes mistakes, but some mistakes are bigger than others. That's the case with a recent study based on a climate model that claimed the oceans had retained 60% more warming than previously thought. It made headlines around the world with its alarming conclusion.

The study itself, by no fewer than ten authors, made sweeping claims. The authors wrote that the study held "implications for policy-relevant measurements of the Earth response to climate change,

They made math mistakes, which were pointed out by skeptical British climate scientist Nicholas Lewis. His review found "serious (but surely inadvertent) errors" in the study.

After their own review, to their credit, the authors concurred.

"When we were confronted with his insight it became immediately clear there was an issue there," Ralph Keeling, a climatologist at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography and one of the co-authors of the study, told The San Diego Union-Tribune. "We're grateful to have it be pointed out quickly so that we could correct it quickly."

He added: "Our error margins are too big now to really weigh in on the precise amount of warming that's going on in the ocean. We really muffed the error margins."

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/global-warming-flawed-climate-model/

Lets say global warming is all a nefarious hoax, and at the end we get less pollution and alternative forms of energy. I'm trying to see what's bad about that.

• Like 1

nobody ever takes into the equation that CO2 increases plant growth astronomically, or that mankind has the ability to adapt

Pretty sure that variable is factored into the equations.

Eventually there will be global cooling and it will be a whole new set of doom and block of ice predictions.

My absolute favorite is the ice core samples stuff. Yea we can test the co2 in blocks of ice to tell us how hot it was 600k years ago and even 600million years ago? Sure bud. Complete and utter bollocks. Its ice. It can tell us...how cold that particular ice is and nothing more. Rubbish.

Lets say global warming is all a nefarious hoax, and at the end we get less pollution and alternative forms of energy. I'm trying to see what's bad about that.

That the United States a.k.a. taxpayers funded it? That the world wanted us to pay 12 TRILLION more into it?

:wacko:

That the United States a.k.a. taxpayers funded it? That the world wanted us to pay 12 TRILLION more into it?

:wacko:

I have read that money is being spent to fortify waterfront areas like New Yorks shoreline. If the earth is warming, no matter the cause, the waterfront areas are in danger, and I'm all for spending money to protect them.

I have read that money is being spent to fortify waterfront areas like New Yorks shoreline. If the earth is warming, no matter the cause, the waterfront areas are in danger, and I'm all for spending money to protect them.

Sure, I'm all for spending YOUR money to protect them too.

Fishtown is on the water. Do we have to save that too?

Sure, I'm all for spending YOUR money to protect them too.

Why do you care so much? From what I know, the ways being presented to combat global warming are less pollution and alternative energy sources. Are you against them?

Why do you care so much? From what I know, the ways being presented to combat global warming are less pollution and alternative energy sources. Are you against them?

When you put it like that, then no, I'm not against them.

But your party leaders want to tax us all into Oblivion and hamstring America to accomplish those goals while giving polluters like India and China a free pass. THAT is what I'm against.

Some melting ice caps arent going to cause the collapse of all beachfront property in our or 10 lifetimes. Its fearmongering for profit. Like I said, next it will be global cooling and we will be scared of the oceans turning to solid ice or something.

Im all for cutting down on pollution and cleaning up the planet, those are good things.

Bring on the heat! It's focking cold out today. :)

Eventually there will be global cooling and it will be a whole new set of doom and block of ice predictions.

My absolute favorite is the ice core samples stuff. Yea we can test the co2 in blocks of ice to tell us how hot it was 600k years ago and even 600million years ago? Sure bud. Complete and utter bollocks. Its ice. It can tell us...how cold that particular ice is and nothing more. Rubbish.

I look forward to your paper disproving ice core samples and how they are rubbish. :thumbsup:

I look forward to your paper disproving ice core samples and how they are rubbish. :thumbsup:

Don’t need a paper, it’s common sense. A chunk of ice tells me how hot it was and how many times a TRex farted on a Tuesday in autumn 70 million years ago? Complete nonsense.

• Like 1

I'm for spending SOME money to fortify infrastructure, ports, etc........States like New York, California, etc that tax the sh!t out of it's residents should foot the bill for most of that.

No.........the whole issue with Global Warming is that they want to kill off our industries while not giving two sh!ts about countries like China, Russia, etc. Actually they take the U.S. money and give it to those countries that are among the worst abuses of the environment.

Don’t need a paper, it’s common sense. A chunk of ice tells me how hot it was and how many times a TRex farted on a Tuesday in autumn 70 million years ago? Complete nonsense.

This is what I think a Trex fart sounded like....

What does common sense tell you about the ability to fly across the ocean or land an object on a distant planet?

If the science was valid why have they been caught on numerous times to be fudging the numbers?

What does common sense tell you about the ability to fly across the ocean?

You mean like in a private jet like all the people do that are so concerned with the evils of fossil fuels?

This is what I think a Trex fart sounded like....

Wow. I really enjoyed that.

What does common sense tell you about the ability to fly across the ocean or land an object on a distant planet?

This a real question? Common sense tells me the concepts of mechanical flight are documented and observable with my eyes. I can read a manual on how to put together a plane, how it flys, what the parts do etc to justify its existence and mechanics. Playing magic 8 ball with a chunk of ice is not the same thing bro, cmon now.

This a real question? Common sense tells me the concepts of mechanical flight are documented and observable with my eyes. I can read a manual on how to put together a plane, how it flys, what the parts do etc to justify its existence and mechanics. Playing magic 8 ball with a chunk of ice is not the same thing bro, cmon now.

And the weather-heads all seem to forget that weather has been cyclical on this planet for many hundreds of years.

So because you don't know the science behind core samples, it's magic. Sorry, bud, that's not cmon sense, that's ignorance.

You would have been the guy at Kitty Hawk telling everyone, it's common sense man, they'll never get off the ground.

A new ice age and worldwide starvation: In the 1960s and 70s, top mainstream media outlets, such as Newsweek above, hyped the imminent global-cooling apocalypse. Even as late as the early 1980s, prominent voices still warned of potential doomsday scenarios owing to man-made cooling, ranging from mass starvation caused by cooling-induced crop failures to another Ice Age that would kill most of mankind.

Among the top global-cooling theorists were Obamas current science czar John Holdren and Paul Ehrlich,

the author of Population Bomb, which predicted mass starvation worldwide. In the 1971 textbook Global Ecology, the duo warned that overpopulation and pollution would produce a new ice age, claiming that human activities are said to be responsible for the present world cooling trend. The pair fingered jet exhausts and man-made changes in the reflectivity of the earths surface through urbanization, deforestation, and the enlargement of deserts as potential triggers for his new ice age. They worried that the man-made cooling might produce an outward slumping in the Antarctic ice cap and generate a tidal wave of proportions unprecedented in recorded history.

Holdren predicted that a billion people would die in carbon-dioxide induced famines as part of a new Ice Age by the year 2020.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/22289-climate-alarmists-have-been-wrong-about-virtually-everything

So because you don't know the science behind core samples, it's magic. Sorry, bud, that's not cmon sense, that's ignorance.

You would have been the guy at Kitty Hawk telling everyone, it's common sense man, they'll never get off the ground.

Its different. The science behind it is murky imo. Its guesstimation and thats a wild stretch of the word. Just think about it. A chunk of ice telling you the weather millions of years ago? Use your head, be rational. Does that sound like a thing thats real or accurate if it is real?

Lets say I had never seen a plane and though they were impossible. You could show me the parts and show me how it works and how it flys and then I could say ok now I get it. Its in the here and now, I can touch it. Tell me about ice samples showing me the temperature mil of years ago is silly.

Same as those stories of oh theres a sun 50 galaxies away thats exactlly this big and this hot etc. Oh what camera are we using to see this sun so far away when we can barely scrape our own galaxy thats like a grain of sand on a beach?