Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

New Study: Climate Change report from the White House

If it is false it should be easy to prove. You questioned the statement and can’t prove it false.

BTW This has been documented here numerous times.

Cool, link the document, cause I'm not going to disprove anything as vague as "trillions and trillions of taxpayer dollars", "The U.S. was not asked to put 12 trillion towards this?" and "while countries like China and India pollute like it's the early 1900s.", I think all of those numbers came straight from FF's azz...so I'm going to say it's wrong and have offered as much proof as FF has...

You should be super excited to show how wrong I am, so do it. :thumbsup:

Posted yet again for Lazy Honcho.

According to Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the recent United Nations Paris Agreement will require the United States to spend at least an additional $484 billion per year over the next 25 years, for a total of $12.1 trillion wasted on radical environmentalist hobgoblins. This vast sum, of course, will be over and above all of the other trillions of dollars wasted annually on unconstitutional Big Government pork, welfare, and regulatory spending.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/22457-climate-costs-estimated-at-more-than-12-trillion-for-u-s-taxpayers

China and India have many brand new coal-fired power plants, and someone will need to buy out the owners to close them down decades before the end of their economic life, Tol said. That alone will breach the target.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/09/limiting-global-warming-cost/

And Honcho you've already admitted China doubles our emissions.

:doh:

You're wasting your time on him. CNN has told him what to think, and he cannot deviate.

Angry French protesters turn violent for third straight weekend, at least 107 arrested

Protesters are particularly angry about Macron’s gas tax hike earlier this year in a bid to reduce the country’s reliance on fossil fuels. The new tax will increase the price of fuel by about 30 cents per gallon, making it one of the most expensive in whole Europe.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/angry-french-protesters-turn-violent-for-third-straight-weekend-at-least-107-arrested

FF's proof that this will cost "trillions and trillions of taxpayer dollars", and "The U.S. was not asked to put 12 trillion towards this?"

According to Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the recent United Nations Paris Agreement will require the United States to spend at least an additional $484 billion per year over the next 25 years, for a total of $12.1 trillion wasted on radical environmentalist hobgoblins. This vast sum, of course, will be over and above all of the other trillions of dollars wasted annually on unconstitutional Big Government pork, welfare, and regulatory spending.

Your source say it's the US and taxpayers that will be spending 12.1 Trillion, according to the report they are using from Bloomberg. Let's see what Bloomberg actually said.

If the world is serious about halting the worst effects of global warming, the renewable energy industry will require $12.1 trillion of investment over the next quarter century, or about 75 percent more than current projections show for its growth.

That’s the conclusion of a report setting out the scale of the challenge facing policymakers as they look for ways to implement the Paris Agreement that in December set a framework for more than 195 nations to rein in greenhouse gases.

The findings from Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Ceres, a Boston-based coalition of investors and environmentalists, show that wind parks, solar farms and other alternatives to fossil fuels are already on course to get $6.9 trillion over the next 25 years through private investment spurred on by government support mechanisms. Another $5.2 trillion is needed to reach the United Nations goal of holding warming to 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit) set out in the climate agreement.

That's not what US taxpayers will be paying, that's what the WORLD WIDE RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY will require in investment. It's not even 12.1 trillion in new spending, it's 5.2 Trillion, the amount over what is being spent now.

The required expenditure averages about $484 billion a year over the period, compared with business-as-usual levels of $276 billion, according to Bloomberg calculations. Renewables attracted a record $329 billion of investment in 2015, BNEF estimates.

$484B - 276B = 204B per year or 5.2 trillion total over the 25 years that the WORLD WIDE RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY will require, that will come from sources world wide(Private Investment). Your source just used the name Bloomberg and completely lied about everything they wrote in their article. They even linked to the Bloomberg article because they knew the majority of their readers would never bother to check the source because their confirmation bias would assure them what they were reading was true.

You're wasting your time on him. CNN has told him what to think, and he cannot deviate.

No, THE DC article was telling FF what to think, I was the only one who bothered to do any actual thinking.

If it is false it should be easy to prove. You questioned the statement and can’t prove it false.

BTW This has been documented here numerous times.

It was very easy to prove false. :lol:

Those are modern coal plants, not inefficient ones of the early 1900's, so no they will not be polluting like the early 1900's. Thanks for the laughs today.

Those are modern coal plants, not inefficient ones of the early 1900's, so no they will not be polluting like the early 1900's. Thanks for the laughs today.

Filthy got a MMGW nut to approve coal fired plants! Priceless!

Filthy got a MMGW nut to approve coal fired plants! Priceless!

You asked for him to be proven wrong, he was. And your response to that is to lie about what I said. Gun thrown. :lol:

France and the whole EU basically made these people switch to diesel because it was considered better than petrol for the environment. Turns out the opposite is true. Diesel is much worse. Science!

FF's proof that this will cost "trillions and trillions of taxpayer dollars", and "The U.S. was not asked to put 12 trillion towards this?"

Your source say it's the US and taxpayers that will be spending 12.1 Trillion, according to the report they are using from Bloomberg. Let's see what Bloomberg actually said.

That's not what US taxpayers will be paying, that's what the WORLD WIDE RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY will require in investment. It's not even 12.1 trillion in new spending, it's 5.2 Trillion, the amount over what is being spent now.

$484B - 276B = 204B per year or 5.2 trillion total over the 25 years that the WORLD WIDE RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY will require, that will come from sources world wide(Private Investment). Your source just used the name Bloomberg and completely lied about everything they wrote in their article. They even linked to the Bloomberg article because they knew the majority of their readers would never bother to check the source because their confirmation bias would assure them what they were reading was true.

No, THE DC article was telling FF what to think, I was the only one who bothered to do any actual thinking.

It was very easy to prove false. :lol:

Thanks Honcho. None of these guys take the time to read original sources, relying on right wing media as gospel. Funny how they recognize MSM bias but cannot hold the RWM to the same standards. Add in the selective filtering which takes place with most search engines, and its no wonder they live in an alternative reality fueled by confirmation bias.

Thanks Honcho. Let's make love together again in our safe room.

Fixed.

Thanks Honcho. None of these guys take the time to read original sources, relying on right wing media as gospel. Funny how they recognize MSM bias but cannot hold the RWM to the same standards. Add in the selective filtering which takes place with most search engines, and its no wonder they live in an alternative reality fueled by confirmation bias.

I believe that the earth may be warming, although I'm not 100% convinced given the questionable science around the subject. But let's say it is. To be simplistic, there are two possible causes: humankind (including things like cattle farming and methane), and natural causes (solar flares, natural patterns). Do climate religious zealots like yourselves think that we should invest research into the latter? Or is it all about humans sucking? :dunno:

I believe that the earth may be warming, although I'm not 100% convinced given the questionable science around the subject. But let's say it is. To be simplistic, there are two possible causes: humankind (including things like cattle farming and methane), and natural causes (solar flares, natural patterns). Do climate religious zealots like yourselves think that we should invest research into the latter? Or is it all about humans sucking? :dunno:

Your wording proves you have no interest in discussing this topic intelligently, so I’m gonna go ahead and say maybe.

It’s called the price of progress. Society can’t keep up with population and technology without side effects like pollution etc. If it’s causing the world to get warmer (it’s not, that’s just silly), there’s nothing we can do about it. Money thrown at it is just lining scam artists pockets.

From 2009

Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire

Al Gore, the former US vice president, could become the world's first carbon billionaire after investing heavily in green energy companies.

Last year Mr Gore's venture capital firm loaned a small California firm $75m to develop energy-saving technology.

The company, Silver Spring Networks, produces hardware and software to make the electricity grid more efficient.

The deal appeared to pay off in a big way last week, when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants, the New York Times reports. Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/energy/6491195/Al-Gore-could-become-worlds-first-carbon-billionaire.html

Do you remember Obama’s stimulus package?

From 2009

Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire

Al Gore, the former US vice president, could become the world's first carbon billionaire after investing heavily in green energy companies.

Last year Mr Gore's venture capital firm loaned a small California firm $75m to develop energy-saving technology.

The company, Silver Spring Networks, produces hardware and software to make the electricity grid more efficient.

The deal appeared to pay off in a big way last week, when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants, the New York Times reports. Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/energy/6491195/Al-Gore-could-become-worlds-first-carbon-billionaire.html

Do you remember Obama’s stimulus package?

"Smart" meters are a big deal in the US and are continuing to roll out. As they should. But nobody is buying into green energy solutions. It's implemented in many states and offered by the utilities, but, rarely used by anyone. The utilities get money from the government to implement the rate and metering structures, but noone wants that crap.

Humankind? Whats that?

Your wording proves you have no interest in discussing this topic intelligently, so I’m gonna go ahead and say maybe.

Your wording proves you have no intelligence.... at all.

The earth has been warming for over 10,000 years!

Your wording proves you have no interest in discussing this topic intelligently, so Im gonna go ahead and say maybe.

How do you feel about the president bragging that the US became the worlds biggest producer of gas and oil on his watch?

How do you feel about the president bragging that the US became the worlds biggest producer of gas and oil on his watch?

Haven't really thought about it, but if we're gonna use petrochemicals, I'd prefer we extract our own instead of relying on the ME. This assumes we don't rape the environment in the process.

Haven't really thought about it, but if we're gonna use petrochemicals, I'd prefer we extract our own instead of relying on the ME. This assumes we don't rape the environment in the process.

What is there to think about? The President made that boast just last week. What are your thoughts?

What is there to think about? The President made that boast just last week. What are your thoughts?

I just posted them :dunno:

And I think the President boasting is obnoxious, if that’s what you’re asking.

This illustrates a point I've made a few times over the years also, the inability for people to admit when they are wrong. It's been 3 days, these guys were duped by a BS website into believing garbage facts that they thought proved their point and not one has come back to say 'hey, I was wrong, I learned something, let's move forward". It's another reason why in this toxic environment nothing can ever get accomplished.

This illustrates a point I've made a few times over the years also, the inability for people to admit when they are wrong. It's been 3 days, these guys were duped by a BS website into believing garbage facts that they thought proved their point and not one has come back to say 'hey, I was wrong, I learned something, let's move forward". It's another reason why in this toxic environment nothing can ever get accomplished.

Have to agree with this. Everywhere I look people dig in their heels on stuff and just never budge. Even when proven wrong the goto is "that link sucks" or "who said it? Oh they are a liar". and sometimes "you are stupid"....its a real divisive time for us.... :thumbsdown:

I just posted them :dunno:

And I think the President boasting is obnoxious, if thats what youre asking.

Oh ok. Because it was Obama doing the boasting on his look at me tour. Media ignored it.

FWIW, I merely stated my consistent position: until the climate alarmist community invests serious money into research to lower the earth's temperature, it is merely a religious cult against humans that is making a handful of people a lot of money at the expense of a lot of duped cultists. What do we do if we (continue to) reduce our carbon footprints and *gasp* the earth keeps warming? Just accept the end of humanity?

Penny didn't like that so he left me a snarky comment about my lack of openness and said "maybe." :dunno:

They don’t even consider the possibility they could be wrong, let alone admit to it. And accuse other people of not owning up to their mistakes, even when given a concrete example they have.

It’s really not worth the effort to discuss anything controversial.

According to a Washington Post article it states:

"The planet has warmed nearly 2 degrees Fahrenheit above late 19th-century levels"

Nearly two degrees since the late 1800s is a reason for all of this fear-mongering?

FWIW, I merely stated my consistent position: until the climate alarmist community invests serious money into research to lower the earth's temperature, it is merely a religious cult against humans that is making a handful of people a lot of money at the expense of a lot of duped cultists. What do we do if we (continue to) reduce our carbon footprints and *gasp* the earth keeps warming? Just accept the end of humanity?

Penny didn't like that so he left me a snarky comment about my lack of openness and said "maybe." :dunno:

No Jerry, using terms like alarmist, cultist and duped makes it very clear you’ve already made up your mind. HTH

According to a Washington Post article it states:"The planet has warmed nearly 2 degrees Fahrenheit above late 19th-century levels"Nearly two degrees since the late 1800s is a reason for all of this fear-mongering?

God knows some humans think they are the reason for everything in life.

Everything I typed still applies :dunno:

Good. Just remember that if you feel the need to blame the Orange bad man. Don't be afraid to throw Saint Obama in the mix as well.

Good. Just remember that if you feel the need to blame the Orange bad man. Don't be afraid to throw Saint Obama in the mix as well.

Ill blame whoever deserves it, but that doesn’t really accomplish much.

A lot of people made big bucks off the Y2K scare. Some people will never figure out that ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY!

I just gave my trees a boost of CO2, and they are thriving

From 2012

EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson was the first federal official to declare carbon dioxide a pollutant. On Dec. 7 2009, as expectations grew for the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference, Jackson signed an endangerment finding that asserted carbon dioxide and five other greenhouse gases pose a threat to human health when concentrated in the atmosphere.

The endangerment finding gave EPA the power to regulate those gases even if Congress failed to pass laws to address climate change

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcmahon/2012/12/27/epa-administrator-resigns-declared-carbon-dioxide-a-pollutant/#b3bc7ad3a7a3