Sign in to follow this  
fatguylittlecoat

Tightening Up for Playoffs - Needing a TE Whisperer

Thinking of making a slight tweak for the playoff stretch. Would you dump Trey Burton for Jonnu Smith ? I don't have space for both so it's one or the other. Slim pickens on the waiver wire, others are Herndon, A. Gates and Vannet. Much appreciated, will send stocking stuffer with my two cents for yours.

If it's Ppr I don't think I would, Jonnu had a monster play early in the game Monday night on a busted coverage but didn't touch the ball much if at all the rest of the game and the titans were in pass mode for a lot of it.

Matt Lacosse baby. He has a great schedule and is a pretty athletic TE for the Broncos. Scored last game

Toss up between those 2.

Personally, I would grab Herndon. He'll get you at least something every week.

Toss up between those 2.

Personally, I would grab Herndon. He'll get you at least something every week.

Herndon has pretty bad matchups in weeks 14 and 16 (Buf/GB) but a decent one in week 15 (Hou) (and a good one week 17 if you play that week). So he might be better as part of a streaming/platoon approach. He does seem like a big part of the offense though.

I would keep Burton

Thinking of making a slight tweak for the playoff stretch. Would you dump Trey Burton for Jonnu Smith ? I don't have space for both so it's one or the other. Slim pickens on the waiver wire, others are Herndon, A. Gates and Vannet. Much appreciated, will send stocking stuffer with my two cents for yours.

I've got the same decision to make regarding my starter this week as I have both Smith and Burton and I'm tired of Burton's lame stat lines when he doesn't score. While I was impressed with what Smith can do as a receiver, he's still not a great blocker and doesn't seem to be fully involved in the offense sometimes.

The problem with Burton is that Mitchell doesn't seem to connect with him and you have Shaheen coming back into the mix at some point.

I've been back and forth on which one to start this week. I'm leaning towards Smith because he seems more likely to score TD's than Burton at this point and Burton's 4-35 stat line isn't much more than Smith's 2-25 if there aren't TD's involved so there's not much to be lost by gambling on Smith getting a TD.

Matt Lacosse baby. He has a great schedule and is a pretty athletic TE for the Broncos. Scored last game

I picked up Matt "Buick" Lacosse due to the Doyle injury. I thought he looked good against Pitt. He also does have a nice schedule.

It looks like Mitchell is out again this week and Daniel did target Burton 7 times last week so maybe a better week for Burton now?