Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

weepaws (or anybody)

My RBs (start 2) are Hunt, Elliott, Aaron Jones, and Michel. I've been playing Zeke and Hunt, but should I sit Zeke (against Saint defense) for Jones against Arizona? PPR league, thanks and good luck this week!

Has A Little Help Bored shut down?

Come on, man....Zeke and Hunt. If you are gonna go down, do so with your best players.

• Like 1

Has A Little Help Bored shut down?

Come on, man....Zeke and Hunt. If you are gonna go down, do so with your best players.

I asked same thing you did last week and got shot down, so BANG. I know, if I don't play Zeke and he goes off I'm stupid, but Jones is getting to be pretty much a stud himself. I'll chicken out most likely and go Hunt/Zeke.

I asked same thing you did last week and got shot down, so BANG. I know, if I don't play Zeke and he goes off I'm stupid, but Jones is getting to be pretty much a stud himself. I'll chicken out most likely and go Hunt/Zeke.

One can only be shot down if they allow themselves to be so.

Actually, I was being serious....does A Little Help bored still operate?

Jones is fantastic....but not on the same level as Zeke/Hunt.

One can only be shot down if they allow themselves to be so.

Actually, I was being serious....does A Little Help bored still operate?

Jones is fantastic....but not on the same level as Zeke/Hunt.

I had same concerns you did about the boards, asked on here and some woman told me I should chime in and answer a few on this board. Yes LH board does still operate but I think it's real slow during the week, there's more questions on this board that belong there (including mine) than ever before.

I had same concerns you did about the boards, asked on here and some woman told me I should chime in and answer a few on this board. Yes LH board does still operate but I think it's real slow during the week, there's more questions on this board that belong there (including mine) than ever before.

An astute and reasonable response.

You have Zeke and Kareem Hunt and are asking who to start at RB?

Come one man...

• Like 1

Great question. Zeke is not a given. See Washington and Houston game. However he could also catch passes and will have volume. Tenn too

AJones should have a great game ag worst rushing defense BUT do the Pack always follow suit? I dont think so which concerns me

So, Zeke might just get 10 or so points like Hou, Tenn, and Wash games but he is Zeke....should have 25 touches running and catching.

Soooooo, if its me, Im a risk taker and play match ups more so than most. Saints rushing and receiving defense ag running backs scare me. Zona doesnt. They both should have 20+ touches and if they do AJ will outperform Zeke. However one caveat if AJ only gets 15 while Z gets 25, that could level the field.

AJones > Zeke this week

Lol@ asking specifically for weepaws again.

Jones is a baller, so is Zeke though. Tougher choice than it might seem at first.

Just my $.02, but I would sit Zeke for Jones this week. Arizona is giving up the most ypc and overall points to RB's since early in the season. They have quit on the year and Green Bay is going to shut down their offense, giving them the ball more often. So, with Jones riding high, why in the world would you sit him? The Saints Defense is going to focus specifically on stopping Zeke and they'll play Cooper 1 on 1, or possibly have a Safety shadow him. His big day against Washington on his two long TD's were more of a result of the Cornerbacks falling down, or running into one another, than anything he did. The whole "never sit your studs" thing is outdated and very old school thinking. Zeke is not going to have a bad game, don't get me wrong. I just think as far as who his opponent is, and with fewer weapons around him for the Saints to worry about, they are going to have 9 men on Zeke all day long. Throw in the fact their LT may not play and you have what could be a bad performance by his standards.

Never sit your studs = people that do not understand analytics. I love when people I play in the playoffs use that philosophy. Me, If the matchup isn't good, I'll sit ANYONE for someone with a higher ceiling for that week. Oh, and this is coming from a Cowboys fan. Worst case scenario, in my mind, is Jones ends up a couple points behind Zeke on the day. That's worst case. Best case is Jones scores 2TD's, goes off for 180 total yards against a defense that simply can't stop the run.

• Like 1

I own Zeke and honestly am hoping for a short TD and 5-6 catches for 50 receiving yards. This is the type of game Zeke may only rush for 30 yards.

That being said, play your studs.

I own Zeke and honestly am hoping for a short TD and 5-6 catches for 50 receiving yards. This is the type of game Zeke may only rush for 30 yards.

That being said, play your studs.

Several people have said to "play your studs". Isn't Jones an absolute stud right now, and even more so in this matchup??

• Like 1

Several people have said to "play your studs". Isn't Jones an absolute stud right now, and even more so in this matchup??

I was being a tad sarcastic as everyone says start your studs. I actually was posting while you were posting your long post. I agree with you two cents post.

For the record, I didn't say "always play your studs".

I did say that, although Jones has been fantastic, Zeke and Hunt were your best players IMO. Zeke has been unstoppable, and Hunt continues to benefit from that offense (that QB).

Zona run D is bad, but they have only allowed 2 100 yard rushers this season....and not one since week 6 (although RB combos have accomplished it a few times). Gurly went 19/42 against them....but scored 3 TD's. In other words, looks can be deceiving.

Yes, Jones could very well outproduce Zeke (and Hunt, for that matter).....but I wouldn't hesitate to sit him for the other two....."studs" or not. Dallas is gonna pound the ball. It's their only chance.

I might end up flipping a coin...…………….

I would advise against that.

I used to do that (or draw names) years ago when I had a close situation like yours. Every single time I got it wrong....so I quit doing it.

• Like 1

My RBs (start 2) are Hunt, Elliott, Aaron Jones, and Michel. I've been playing Zeke and Hunt, but should I sit Zeke (against Saint defense) for Jones against Arizona? PPR league, thanks and good luck this week!

Hunt and Jones looks really good to me.

I would have no problem sitting the Zeke for A Jones in a non ppr.

But in a ppr I think I would stick with the Zeke.

He’s much more likely to be used in the passing game, and that Saints can score a lot points.

So I would go Hunt and the Zeke, and congrats on that rb lineup wow.

Lol@ asking specifically for weepaws again.

Jones is a baller, so is Zeke though. Tougher choice than it might seem at first.

Wow now this answer really helps the op. Im sure the op knows its a tough choice, isnt that the reason for the question?

Its the type of answer one will get from someone thats afraid to be wrong.

Hey op did this answer help?

They all did Weepaws, thanks. When I have a tough one I seek you out-my mom was a true Christian and I'm pretty sure you are too, plus you seem to have good insight with your answers, despite what some others might say! Thanks for all the input guys, good luck this week!

To the point of Zona's run defense, Gordon/Eckler combined got 35 points against that defense last week. In addition, Zona's bad offense ensures that the game script will always keep the running game involved. They aren't going to run away from anyone.

New Orleans is the 3rd toughest defense vs the running back position. Now in PPR Zeke will still get his, but there's a very real possibility that he's neutralized as a runner both by the Saints defense and by a game script where NO gets way out in front.

I'd say if you feel good about your matchup and just need steady points, I'd stick with Zeke, especially in PPR format. If you need a Homerun play from the RB I think Jones has a higher ceiling this week.

They all did Weepaws, thanks. When I have a tough one I seek you out-my mom was a true Christian and I'm pretty sure you are too, plus you seem to have good insight with your answers, despite what some others might say! Thanks for all the input guys, good luck this week!

I would bet my house weepaws sins have been washed away by the blood of Christ.

By the way, let us know on this thread who you finally chosen to be your RB2 this week. I plan on following this to see if my advice was spot on. And, I also,own AJones, so I have a huge interest in his outcome.

Interesting argument: Stud RB1 vs a very good run D or a high-end RB2 vs a bad run D. NO contained the other studs they have faced in Gurley and Barkley but they both scored and averaged 5 yards a carry in limited attempts. Zeke has been on a bender the last few weeks since they have acquired Cooper. He is too hot to sit at home, but it is well within the margin of error that Jones outscores him this week. Good Luck with this tough decision.

Speaking of Weeps piety....how much filthy lucre have you won or lost betting this season, brother?

Interesting argument: Stud RB1 vs a very good run D or a high-end RB2 vs a bad run D. NO contained the other studs they have faced in Gurley and Barkley but they both scored and averaged 5 yards a carry in limited attempts. Zeke has been on a bender the last few weeks since they have acquired Cooper. He is too hot to sit at home, but it is well within the margin of error that Jones outscores him this week. Good Luck with this tough decision.

I think the Saints run D is a product of their offense getting big leads, not because they are really good, but that could happen again in this game.

I think the Saints run D is a product of their offense getting big leads, not because they are really good, but that could happen again in this game.

Agreed that was my implication. Gurley and Barkley over 5 yards a carry and a TD but few carries. My guess is Dallas hangs with the saints for a while and Zeke will get at least 20 touches, but It's not a slam dunk

Why don't we look at it this way?

You're wanting to sit one the best and most reliable RBs of the past 3 seasons for a guy who is basically riding a 3 game hot streak, all while the guy you are wanting to bench is riding a much bigger 3 game hot streak.

Good lord, the Saints aren't the 85 Bears.

Play Zeke.

Agreed that was my implication. Gurley and Barkley over 5 yards a carry and a TD but few carries. My guess is Dallas hangs with the saints for a while and Zeke will get at least 20 touches, but It's not a slam dunk

Possible, just did math...

AT HOME

Saints avg margin of victory 18.4

Scored 40+ 4 of 6 games (66%)

4 of 6 (66%) games diff 11pts or more

ON ROAD

Saints avg margin of victory 13.8

Scored 40+ 2 of 5 games (40%)

2 of 5 (40%) games diff 11pts or more

Not rocket science, as this is common for a lot of teams in the league, but just to put out there: Saints not as dominant on road

• Like 1

Zeke did have a great game. We'll see what Jones does on Sunday. I think it's highly likely he puts up incredibly similar stats, or better. For those that didn't like my comment on the fact I would have personally started Jones, it is what it is. Nothing wrong with going against the grain and with your gut. At least I am willing to make my statements PRIOR to the game. lol Jones will rock on Sunday. It is a win/win situation for any owner when they have to decide between three RB's who are all kicking butt. My choice simply would have been Jones. Unless Jones completely bottoms out and goes against everything he's done the last couple of weeks, it wasn't a bad decision, just not one most agreed with. If he puts up better numbers than Zeke, obviously there is nothing lost with the nice game he had against the Saints in the receiving category. Hopefully this is a PPR league. If not, his stats aren't so hot, minus the TD. Either way, it's an enviable situation when your three RB's are listed in the top ten for a week as 'must starts'.

Zeke did have a great game. We'll see what Jones does on Sunday. I think it's highly likely he puts up incredibly similar stats, or better. For those that didn't like my comment on the fact I would have personally started Jones, it is what it is. Nothing wrong with going against the grain and with your gut. At least I am willing to make my statements PRIOR to the game. lol Jones will rock on Sunday. It is a win/win situation for any owner when they have to decide between three RB's who are all kicking butt. My choice simply would have been Jones. Unless Jones completely bottoms out and goes against everything he's done the last couple of weeks, it wasn't a bad decision, just not one most agreed with. If he puts up better numbers than Zeke, obviously there is nothing lost with the nice game he had against the Saints in the receiving category. Hopefully this is a PPR league. If not, his stats aren't so hot, minus the TD. Either way, it's an enviable situation when your three RB's are listed in the top ten for a week as 'must starts'.

Fair enough.

Zeke has been unstoppable and is a weekly top 3 selection imo, esp with Gordon sidelined. He had another good game,...25.6 ppr points. OP said he played ppr, but not sure if it is full-point ppr.

Jones could still outscore him. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. We all just gotta go with our guts.

Yes we do have full PPR, Zeke got me 25 pts. I wouldn't still be surprised to see Jones come close to or top that, but hey I'm good with what Zeke did! Beat'em up this week guys, good luck.

Yes we do have full PPR, Zeke got me 25 pts. I wouldn't still be surprised to see Jones come close to or top that, but hey I'm good with what Zeke did! Beat'em up this week guys, good luck.

Good thing you played Zeke, now you got a good fill in for Hunt!