Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Giants beat Da Bears

The Bears traded two 1st round picks (which is now looking like late rounders) and a 3rd for a 2nd (which is looking like an early pick) and a 5th...oh, and Mack! This is NOTHING like the Walker trade, even haters should have a friggin' clue before they post.

The Vikings picks the first year were late rounders too. We shall see about the rest, but you don't know yet. Plus the salary cap hit. Wasn't one back then. Will have the same result . Book it.

The Vikings picks the first year were late rounders too. We shall see about the rest, but you. Don't know. Plus the salary cap hit. Wasn't one back then. Will have the same result . Book it.

First place Bears ☺

Im just going to add a question to this awesome thread:

Can we finally admit that drafting Saquon over a QB was a home run? This guy is a game changer and he will continue to be a game changer the rest of his career. Regardless of what the future holds at the QB position, when Eli passes the torch the next QB in line will have an amazing RB and WR at his disposal.

Sick and tired of hearing the giants wasted that pick. If anything its the complete and total opposite. Youve given yourself a fantastic foundation to build around when the time comes to draft or sign a young QB.

Don't you have to be retired to make it to the HOF? We all know Eli will never retire, nor do the Giants want him too.

Don't you have to be retired to make it to the HOF? We all know Eli will never retire, nor do the Giants want him too.

Great post. Have anymore?

Im just going to add a question to this awesome thread:

Can we finally admit that drafting Saquon over a QB was a home run? This guy is a game changer and he will continue to be a game changer the rest of his career. Regardless of what the future holds at the QB position, when Eli passes the torch the next QB in line will have an amazing RB and WR at his disposal.

Sick and tired of hearing the giants wasted that pick. If anything its the complete and total opposite. Youve given yourself a fantastic foundation to build around when the time comes to draft or sign a young QB.

Seriously. Barkley has been awesome. Helped the Giants to a 4-8 record so far this year. Just simply amazing. There is nothing like spending a high first round pick on a running back. Maybe this next year they can grab a fullback, or a even punter in round 1.

the poster formerly know as seafoam deserved this I suppose.

Barkley has proven his worth; a dynamic talent that should continue to pay off - especially if the giants go LAR route next year.

I'd put most of the blame on Sunday's game on chase fkn daniel. can't take those sacks for huge losses and then throw it directly to the opposite team.

the bears are already ahead of expectations imo, and to see them ascend is a pure joy.

legit question: macadoo benched eli last year and was fired for it. do you giants fans now think he might have made the right call on that?

• Like 1

Barkley has proven his worth; a dynamic talent that should continue to pay off - especially if the giants go LAR route next year.

I'd put most of the blame on Sunday's game on chase fkn daniel. can't take those sacks for huge losses and then throw it directly to the opposite team.

the bears are already ahead of expectations imo, and to see them ascend is a pure joy.

legit question: macadoo benched eli last year and was fired for it. do you giants fans now think he might have made the right call on that?

Benching Eli for Geno is like a slap in the face lol

Is moving on from Eli the right move? Yes. But not geno Smith...

Thats a fireable offense lol

McAdoo wasn't fired just because he benched Eli. Last year's team was a hot mess, Infighting everywhere, and as the previous poster said it if he had sat Eli for Davis Webb, instead of Geno Smith it would have made some sense. I will be mildly surprised if Kyle Lauletta doesn't get a couple of starts week 16-17.

4-8. RBs peak way earlier and don't, on average, last as long as QBs. Plus they don't influence a team as much. See Walter Payton and Barry Sanders.

4-8. RBs peak way earlier and don't, on average, last as long as QBs. Plus they don't influence a team as much. See Walter Payton and Barry Sanders.

Dont influence a team as much? That might be the dumbest thing posted so far. Find me any position that influences the game as much as a QB. No sh!t Sherlock.

Problem is if your QB is bad (most young QBs struggle. All of the rookies this year have taken their lumps.) youre gonna lose more often than not.

The point Im making is you dont just draft a QB because you need 1. You gotta be 1 million percent sure hes gonna lead your franchise for the next decade, or else youve set your franchise back 10 years. Look at jaguars and Bortles.

A good example to my point is Myles Garrett. Did the Browns mess up by passing on Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes?

Perhaps they did but Garrett is a cornerstone on defense and they got their QB the very next year.

Saquon is a cornerstone. Who wouldnt want to play in an offense with that guy?

Sjerk is jealous because he has to watch Jordan Howard get 2.5 almost every week. Bears are going nowhere. And wait until the salary cap problems the trade for Mack creates. That's no way to build a champion. . Then again, Sjerk has never seen a champion built. Lol.

Sjerk is jealous because he has to watch Jordan Howard get 2.5 almost every week. Bears are going nowhere. And wait until the salary cap problems the trade for Mack creates. That's no way to build a champion. . Then again, Sjerk has never seen a champion built. Lol.

I love it when people have nothing else to offer than name calling. It confirms that they are just wanting to say stuff. Nothing more.

4-8 and going nowhere.

Dont influence a team as much? That might be the dumbest thing posted so far. Find me any position that influences the game as much as a QB. No sh!t Sherlock.

Problem is if your QB is bad (most young QBs struggle. All of the rookies this year have taken their lumps.) youre gonna lose more often than not.

The point Im making is you dont just draft a QB because you need 1. You gotta be 1 million percent sure hes gonna lead your franchise for the next decade, or else youve set your franchise back 10 years. Look at jaguars and Bortles.

A good example to my point is Myles Garrett. Did the Browns mess up by passing on Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes?

Perhaps they did but Garrett is a cornerstone on defense and they got their QB the very next year.

4-8

Congrats to Weepaws for picking the Giants this week. In one of his posts, he mentioned possibly taking the moneyline in that game as well. I seriously considered putting money on the Giants, thinking they were being overlooked, but didn't go through with it. Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Still kicking myself for not betting this game.

Congrats to Weepaws for picking the Giants this week. In one of his posts, he mentioned possibly taking the moneyline in that game as well. I seriously considered putting money on the Giants, thinking they were being overlooked, but didn't go through with it. Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Still kicking myself for not betting this game.

He didn't bet it. He only did that cause he hates the Bears. In the same post he predicted Manning would score at least 20 in FF. He ended up with like 12 at the QB position.

No big deal though. The cool thing about sports entertainment is that you have teams you like and those you don't. It would be a bit boring without rivalry.

I haven't paid much attention to the Bears in the last 30 years. Boring franchise.

I haven't paid much attention to the Bears in the last 30 years. Boring franchise.

Very true. They were boring.

Good QBs aren't let go to free agency very often at all. You have to draft them and groom them for the most part. Or get one in a trade early in the QBs career before anyone knows he will be good. If you want a stud RB over a QB. Feel free. But just watch what will happen to the Giants over the next few years. Including this one.

The Chiefs did not rush Mahomes and he was ready in year two.

I still have hope that Lauletta might be a good NFL qb too. He looked good on tape and has the qualities that to me make you successful so maybe he will play one game this year and give us a brief peek.....but if he doesn’t play this year, no big deal.....he will be more prepared after next years preseason to be an NFL qb.

That would be great, but 4th rounders are long shots at best. The Giants will be in a good position to grab a top QB in the draft, and the top 3 all look promising if Herbert and Haskins come out.

Good QBs aren't let go to free agency very often at all. You have to draft them and groom them for the most part. Or get one in a trade early in the QBs career before anyone knows he will be good. If you want a stud RB over a QB. Feel free. But just watch what will happen to the Giants over the next few years. Including this one.

Ill take a STUD (your words) RB over a terrible QB every single time. Im pretty sure you would too. This past draft was so hyped as a QB class but have you been impressed with anyone other than Baker so far? Whom the giants did not have the opportunity to draft.

Darnold has looked bad, Allen has looked bad, Rosen has looked bad, Lamar Jackson has looked bad (although great running).

Redskins just released Cousins and Saints got Brees that way too. NFL is a business first, if the $ doesnt add up, anyone can be released or traded.

So yes you are absolutely wrong. Anyone will take a stud RB over a bad QB any day and for every STUD QB that is drafted and groomed, theres 5 QBs that fail and are out of the league in a few years.

Drafting a QB is incredibly difficult.

Saquon was a SAFE pick and it did not set the franchise back 10 years.

Drafting the wrong QB will crush your franchise every time. Refer to Jaguars, Dolphins, Raiders, even the Lions and Falcons who are tied to Stafford and Matt ryan. 49ers and Alex Smith.

Ill take a STUD (your words) RB over a terrible QB every single time. Im pretty sure you would too. This past draft was so hyped as a QB class but have you been impressed with anyone other than Baker so far? Whom the giants did not have the opportunity to draft.

Darnold has looked bad, Allen has looked bad, Rosen has looked bad, Lamar Jackson has looked bad (although great running).

Redskins just released Cousins and Saints got Brees that way too. NFL is a business first, if the $ doesnt add up, anyone can be released or traded.

So yes you are absolutely wrong.

Drafting a QB is incredibly difficult.

So you are saying that the Giants will never draft a good QB because they are so hit and miss? So who are the Giants going to go out there and get for QB?

Drew lock, Justin Herbert, or Haskins from Ohio State for starters.

Drew lock, Justin Herbert, or Haskins from Ohio State for starters.

And all three will be better than Allen, Darnold and Rosen? Ok.

Only one needs to be and he'll be better than trubisky

Only one needs to be and he'll be better than trubisky

What is your problem dude? You are so deep into your hatred that you can't hold a conversation about anything. 85% of your posts are about hating on the Bears.

I guess I don't care that much, but it kinda sucks for football conversation..

Don't be so sensitive Seafoam, you are the king of the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to hating. You like to dish it but the taking not so much...

Don't be so sensitive Seafoam, you are the king of the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to hating. You like to dish it but the taking not so much...

sure. So tell me. Just because I don't think Eli Manning is HOF worthy, and that the Giants made a mistake in the 2017 draft, you are saying I'm sensitive? Every post I make about the Bears you jump in with major aggression.

I still think those things, but you should just reply with your response and or debate, which is cool, but why do you harbor so much hatred because I disagree with the Giants moves?

I have no sports emotions about the Giants. I like the Bears first, KC second, and then just whatever.

sure. So tell me. Just because I don't think Eli Manning is HOF worthy, and that the Giants made a mistake in the 2017 draft, you are saying I'm sensitive? Every post I make about the Bears you jump in with major aggression.

I still think those things, but you should just reply with your response and or debate, which is cool, but why do you harbor so much hatred because I disagree with the Giants moves?

I have no sports emotions about the Giants. I like the Bears first, KC second, and then just whatever.

Speculating that a future QB will be better than trubisky is not aggression. Sorry I hurt your feelings cupcake...

Speculating that a future QB will be better than trubisky is not aggression. Sorry I hurt your feelings cupcake...

Sure dude. That's what you did.

Lol yeah and your 4-8 posts are so mature and insightful.

And again you keep saying they messed up the draft but you have yet to offer who you think they should have drafted.

Pick any QB over Saquon and theyre definitely worse than 4-8 so I still do not understand the logic that they messed up their draft.

And Im a dolphins fan. Fvckk the giants and bears lol

And again you keep saying they messed up the draft but you have yet to offer who you think they should have drafted.

I did. No reason to revisit. Giant's fans love the pick. I don't put them down for what they enjoy in their team as football is an entertainment industry, not a lifestyle choice for those who are not employed by the sport or a career gambler.

Giant's fans should just go enjoy their team as it seems to them that the Giants are on a clear path the superbowl.

Go Dolphins! Tough matchup this week.

Pick any QB over Saquon and theyre definitely worse than 4-8 so I still do not understand the logic that they messed up their draft.

And Im a dolphins fan. Fvckk the giants and bears lol

Seafool/S-Jerk is on record saying he would have taken Darnold.

Seafool/S-Jerk is on record saying he would have taken Darnold.

I for one and very very glad Gmen took lovely Saquon over Sam I Am.