Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Do any of you Go RVing?

I've been looking at opening an RV park and this sounds amazing,any tips on how a guy gets started would be appreciated.

I've got plenty of land,a 2 acre pond and a covered gazebo by the pond with enough power to have a band.

We hosted a few RV's last year for the eclipse(no power or extra amenities) but met some great people.

Thanks.

sell someone the land. Have them build it for you. Then watch as they host a once in a lifetime rock festival that concludes with the owner going bankrupt. Then you eventually buy it back and turn it into a very successful family ran business. Never mentioning the festival or anything to do with it. Just leave odd things around for people to wonder about. Like 100 ft speaker towers and a stage that rotates so 3 bands can play or get ready.

But that's the long game.

sell someone the land. Have them build it for you. Then watch as they host a once in a lifetime rock festival that concludes with the owner going bankrupt. Then you eventually buy it back and turn it into a very successful family ran business. Never mentioning the festival or anything to do with it. Just leave odd things around for people to wonder about. Like 100 ft speaker towers and a stage that rotates so 3 bands can play or get ready.

But that's the long game.

Oddly specific.... :huh:

I've been looking at opening an RV park and this sounds amazing,any tips on how a guy gets started would be appreciated.

I've got plenty of land,a 2 acre pond and a covered gazebo by the pond with enough power to have a band.

We hosted a few RV's last year for the eclipse(no power or extra amenities) but met some great people.

Thanks.

Do you like summer?

If so, this is the worse idea ever.

Do you like summer?

If so, this is the worse idea ever.

My summers are already focked up because of the fireworks business and ever since hosting people during the eclipse my wheels have been turning on doing something with this land for additional income.

Oddly specific.... :huh:

right. Her campground has a very colorful history.

My summers are already focked up because of the fireworks business and ever since hosting people during the eclipse my wheels have been turning on doing something with this land for additional income.

A good friend of mine owns a resort. He tries to take Mondays off. The key werd is tries. He has absolutely no time for himself or his family in the summer and it's starting to take a toll on him. I see him selling in the next 5-10 years and he's only 36.

• Like 1

A good friend of mine owns a resort. He tries to take Mondays off. The key werd is tries. He has absolutely no time for himself or his family in the summer and it's starting to take a toll on him. I see him selling in the next 5-10 years and he's only 36.

I was thinking more along the lines of 10-12 pad rentals and offering fishing.Kilroy's comment about the live music reminded me of the gazebo area,but yeah overall I don't want a full blown resort.

Hell yeah that is sweet

:thumbsup:

With a new kid due this week our vacations will be limited to local Michigan attractions. I'm thinking about getting an RV like this one.

https://www.generalrv.com/product/new-2019-forest-river-rv-wildwood-x-lite-282qbxl-879608-29

The wife would want new one because reasons. I am aware of the massive depreciation of new RVs.

Any tips or suggestions? Uncle Eddie jokes are welcome.

Dude, craigslist has tons of them available that have already taken the depreciation hit. RV trader too.

Dude, craigslist has tons of them available that have already taken the depreciation hit. RV trader too.

I've looked and honestly I don't trust people. Plus with an RV, I want that warrenty.

I've looked and honestly I don't trust people. Plus with an RV, I want that warrenty.

Cool. Best time to buy would be fall/winter so that's the only advice I have for you. Good luck. :cheers:

Cool. Best time to buy would be fall/winter so that's the only advice I have for you. Good luck. :cheers:

Thanks I will still check it and maybe something will catch my interest. Good tip though

That fake climbing wall is a joke.

I think the kids will love it.

Just saw an ad for an airbnb type thing to rent out your rv. Insurance, everything.

So, if you don't want to buy used, Maybe one way to recoup a little bit of the cost?

I think the kids will love it.

What? Offering them candy and asking them to help you find your puppy aren't cutting it for you anymore?

That fake climbing wall is a joke.

Not to my grandkids it wouldn't be....but I need to have some eventually.... ^_^

Borrowed a friend's travel trailer bunk house. The kids and very excited. Going to be visiting sleep state park.