Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Hunt went unclaimed today

I'm a little suprised. This situation is way less than what a lot of players have done in the past.

The league made a call on him. He will have to kiss some rings and do some stuff to get back in the league. And even then, if he comes back there will be backlash and issues.

It's not on the same level as Ray Rice so I think gets another shot but teams need to let a few months go by. The public out cry will be diminished since the recency bias will have passed. The PR price of claiming him right away isn't worth it, just ask Washington.

I understand that Rice wasn't worth it. He was washed up and his incident was more violent. With Hunt I'm surprised that a team didn't take some backlash to get a talent for a small contract. There was a few days of outrage over Mixon being drafted. It passed quickly and his video was also more violent.

It's not on the same level as Ray Rice so I think gets another shot but teams need to let a few months go by. The public out cry will be diminished since the recency bias will have passed. The PR price of claiming him right away isn't worth it, just ask Washington.

Well, why wait til things die down? Pick him up, and let things die down. There have to be a lot of teams that would love to have that dude. I don't think league suspension would take place until he is rostered?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the offseason before he gets picked up

He got cut by KC because he lied about the nuances of the incident. The edited video that most of us saw did him in publicly..mostly with folks who are subconsciously waiting behind a bush to do in famous, rich, and/or athletic folks as a general rule. TMZ exists to handle that desire. Too loaded...

Back to the league. KC is not going to vouch for him and other teams are not going to take him in and risk some other piece of info to come out and make the incident even worse. So he is outside of the circle of trust in the nfl for now. If he does not do anything else and there are no more horrid details, then he will be back. He is not in the Ray Rice situation unless people are dead-set on being lazy. And, as discussed, Joe Mixon plays weekly, but he was honest about the incident to a degree that the league was satisfied with, he still fell a bit in the draft, he got picked, and now he lives on a very short leash. But he is in the league.

My guess on the Hunt thing as it relates to details? That group of young ladies included ladies of the night, age lying occurred and/or there was a dispute related to rates, payments, and services. And duh, folks were altered by alcohol and/or something else. Mix that altogether and that is a good way to end up with one girl outside the room trying to get back in while the other ones were still in the room. Whatever it is, the NFL is working hard to keep those deets out of the streets. Because no one wants to hear about dudes with money paying for sex and/or paying for women to go away post-sex.

If you watched the game last night you saw why no team has signed him. How many times did we hear about Washington picking up Foster? Guy hasn't even been proven guilty or suspended yet. Hunt has been proven guilty, in public opinion at least, of something even if it's to a lesser degree. A team won't claim him right now for the same reason KC cut him, public perception. The NFLs reputation is currently in the toilet and KC cutting him is one the first moves a team has made that appears to be based on morals and not money. People care about a story less as time goes on, and therefore signing him later will bring less negative PR.

Mixons incident also occured in college and he was punished there. That makes his case a little different. In the end, every NFL team makes their decision based on money and money is lost by losing on the field and in PR.

This girl that started this is the same type of girl(s) that took down Bill Cosby-they want to hook up with them for a relationship so they can do the Kardashian thing-spreading everything especially their legs for the big $$$$$$$$$, but when they come to realize that "the boys" just want a good time for a night or 2, years later they scream that they were the victim. They get PO'ed because the HOE'in didn't work out for them and THEN they cash in with the lawsuits. Like I said earlier he will get signed-probably off season-and the 19 yr old "victim" will maybe start trolling KC baseball players.

i agree with most here it was stupid, he has now came out about it, and i dont think anyone touches him untill the leauge investiagte and no doubt hit him with a big suspension.

But after that a see him getting picked up ( if this had been rice level domestic he never gets touched )

But to huskys point above i dont think that is a fair comment about the girl, If i have read things right this girl has never made a complaint or went to police therefore isnt looking for fame of money ( not to say that wont change now its out ) but not fair to go after her like that.

I do have an issue with how the leauge deal with accusations with no eveidence. I mean anyone can claim anything but unless there is eveidence such as the video in this case i feel suspending players untill they are proven not guilty is the wrong way about it.

Like forster the first time police dropped the case lack of eveidnece the woman dropped her complaint yet by then he missed alot of time

Now am not defending him as its all came about again and maybe he is guilty as sin but i cant say either way, All we know is young famous people with money can do stupid things but they are also big targets.

i do think we see hunt again but he serves a lenghty game ban fine and has to take anger amanagment course etc

i agree with most here it was stupid he has now came out about it and i dont think anyone touches him untill the leauge investiagte and no doubt hit him with a big suspension but after that a see him getting picked up ( if this had been rice level domestic he never gets touched )

but to huskys point above i dont think that is a fair comment about the girl as if i have read right this girl has never made a complaint or went to police therefore isnt looking for fame of money ( not to say that wont change now its out ) but not fair to go after her like that, althought in saying that i do have an issue with how the leauge deal with accusations with no eveidence i mean any one can claim anything but unless there is eveidence such as the video in this case i do feel suspending players untill they are proven not guilty is the wrong way about it.

like forster the first time police dropped the case lack of eveidnece the woman dropped her complainted yet by then he missed alot of time

now am not defending him as its all came about again and maybe he is guilty as sin but i cant say either way all we know is young famous people wiht money can do stupid things and they are also big targets.

i do think we see hunt again but he serves a lenghty game ban fine and has to take anger amanagment course etc

There are almost no periods in your post, nor are there any capital letters. Please delete this lazy garbage and repost it. Thanks.

This girl that started this is the same type of girl(s) that took down Bill Cosby-they want to hook up with them for a relationship so they can do the Kardashian thing-spreading everything especially their legs for the big $$$$$$$$$, but when they come to realize that "the boys" just want a good time for a night or 2, years later they scream that they were the victim. They get PO'ed because the HOE'in didn't work out for them and THEN they cash in with the lawsuits. Like I said earlier he will get signed-probably off season-and the 19 yr old "victim" will maybe start trolling KC baseball players.

Wow, your handle should be womanhater75.

• Like 1

So you think all that stuff about Cosby was made up?

There are almost no periods in your post, nor are there any capital letters. Please delete this lazy garbage and repost it. Thanks.

sorry for the dyslexia, i'll work on that right away for you

Wow, your handle should be womanhater75.

Can't call a chick out without being labeled a woman hater? What if that was your 19 year old daughter. Would that have made you proud?

Can't call a chick out without being labeled a woman hater? What if that was your 19 year old daughter. Would that have made you proud?

Calling a chick out it one thing. Invoking multiple women that claimed to be drugged and raped is another.

Calling a chick out it one thing. Invoking multiple women that claimed to be drugged and raped is another.

Well, I'm only referencing the topic of this thread. Not anything else.

Free The Cos! Free The Cos!

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the NFL is taking into account three separate off-the-field incidents as it considers how long free agent Kareem Hunt's suspension will be.

The NFL is investigating Hunt's February altercation with a woman that led to his release from the Chiefs as well as a June incident with a man and a previously undisclosed incident from January. Per Graziano, the January and June incidents are the "types of aggravating factors that can lead the league to impose a suspension longer than the six-game baseline." Hunt's 2018 suspension is going to spill over deep into 2019.
I have Hunt as a keeper. :mad:
Maybe I can trade him for an old B-52's album cover.