Sign in to follow this  
MikeK

Cam Newton - did not throw during Thursday's practice

Per ESPN a few minutes ago:

ESPN's David Newton reports Cam Newton (shoulder) did not throw during the portion of practice open to the media on Thursday.

Newton's practice attempts have been limited most of the season, but he usually throws on Thursday. That has not always been the case, however, and Newton said he is "healthy enough to play." Even so, this is a situation to watch on Friday.
Source: ESPN

Is it time to start panicking a little, Newton owners? I have Lamar Jackson as a backup and am strongly considering starting him instead.

I don't know man, but the good news is Balt. is going up against terrible KC defense. Maybe it's still a wait and see.

I wouldn't over think it. If Newton's healthy enough to play for the Panthers he's healthy enough to play for your fantasy football team.

I wouldn't over think it. If Newton's healthy enough to play for the Panthers he's healthy enough to play for your fantasy football team.

Normally I'd agree with you but Cam has already said he's probably looking at surgery again post-season...I'd hate to see him go out there and leave the game after two passing attempts or something. #FirstRoundPlayoffProblems

Normally I'd agree with you but Cam has already said he's probably looking at surgery again post-season...I'd hate to see him go out there and leave the game after two passing attempts or something. #FirstRoundPlayoffProblems

I have Wentz and I put in a bid on Jackson just now. Not sure who I would play at this moment but I want the option.

Panthers have lost four straight games, and they might play themselves out of the playoffs soon

I think if they continue that slide, cam will sit.

Did anybody see the hail mary Newton tried to throw last week? The ball went about 35 yards. They had to bring in the back up qb for the next hail mary attempt after a penalty.

I expect that he will play. However, seems to me that is lack of ability to throw down the field would (continue to) be beneficial to CMac and Samuels, who can take short dump-offs to the house.

Part of the issue is if Cam can't throw deep, the Browns will know that and would plan accordingly, which would mean taking away his legs. CMC is the #1 Rb on Fanduel this week for a reason, he should be the main beneficiary.

Part of the issue is if Cam can't throw deep, the Browns will find out about it on SportsCenter the next day and will be lucky if they remember how to get to the stadium.

Dorsey is a good GM, not the same old Browns anymore.

He’s my Qb on one of my teams.

I’m concern that even if he starts I’m not so sure he will play for very long.

I think it’s a bigger issue then they will let us know.

I going shopping for a Qb.

Its the playoffs and Carolina has basically played itself out of contention. I could see Cam sitting if things look dicey. I am going to throw in Trubisky and cross my fingers.

Looks like he is good to go.

After digging deeper I think Carolina wins this game. Something is fishy about the browns at +2 at home and the narrative all week is how Cam is hurt and the Panthers season is swirling down the pipe. And the Browns are Americas team now in terms of the rise from the ashes etc and its showing at the betting window. The public has backed Cleveland all year gambling. The +2 is baiting all that public money on Cleveland setting up for Panthers to pull a upset win even though they are favored by 2 points. But thats just a degenerate gambler talking

After digging deeper I think Carolina wins this game. Something is fishy about the browns at +2 at home and the narrative all week is how Cam is hurt and the Panthers season is swirling down the pipe. And the Browns are Americas team now in terms of the rise from the ashes etc and its showing at the betting window. The public has backed Cleveland all year gambling. The +2 is baiting all that public money on Cleveland setting up for Panthers to pull a upset win even though they are favored by 2 points. But thats just a degenerate gambler talking

Said no one ever. Who the f0ck is saying this?

Everyone knows America's Team is The Green Bay Packers. It's not even debatable. ;)

So what's the consensus on Cam? Are those who own him starting him or going with someone with more potential upside?

So what's the consensus on Cam? Are those who own him starting him or going with someone with more potential upside?

QB's I would start over Cam this week.

Mahomie

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Big Ben

and maybe Rivers and/or Mayfield

Mahomie

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Big Ben

I'm actually considering Mayfield. Thanks for the response.

I'm actually considering Mayfield. Thanks for the response.

Sure thing...that kid is a baller. Multiple Td's in last 5 of 6 games....and shoulda had another last week if Calloway hadn't been stripped at the one yard line. Great matchup at home against a vulnerable Panther secondary. I am starting him in one league over D. Watson, and actually considered him over Mahomie against the Ravens in 3 other leagues, but just couldn't pull the trigger. Am actually hoping that he ends the season without any fanfare, because I can't wait to draft him next season.

To be honest with you.....coin flip this week between Cam and Mayfield imho.

Im debating Josh Allen due to running ability and the fake hes playing the jets at home. But I dont know if I will have the stones to swap out Cam for him.

Mahomie

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Big Ben

Yeah, the news on Friday that Cam was a full participant in practice just makes this decision harder (we all know he's not 100 percent and could leave at any time). I have Jackson who's a similar boom-or-bust option against KC.

But, as they say:

-"Dance with the one who brought you to the dance" (Cam, yes you did),

-"Start your studs!"

Barring news that he is questionable on Sunday all of a sudden, I'm all in on Cam!

I think Jackson has just as much if not more of a chance of getting knocked out of the game then Cam does. I think KC rolls them at home too.

Yeah, the news on Friday that Cam was a full participant in practice just makes this decision harder (we all know he's not 100 percent and could leave at any time). I have Jackson who's a similar boom-or-bust option against KC.

But, as they say:

-"Dance with the one who brought you to the dance" (Cam, yes you did),

-"Start your studs!"

Barring news that he is questionable on Sunday all of a sudden, I'm all in on Cam!

Yep, start yo' Cams, errybody. I have a gut feeling he's going to go off this week...maybe we'll even get a rushing TD from him if CMC allows it. lol

You like DJ Moore today?

Not as well as I like Samuels....

You like DJ Moore today?

If cam is healthy, yes. I know he didn’t have a big game last week but his talent is still all the wall awesome and when he does catch the ball he is a threat to go.....all....the.....way.

I’m riding this horse today (over Golladay).

Panthers in must win mode, but I could see them keeping the ball on the ground and in CMC’s hands. Why run Cam much and risk his shoulder getting slammed into the turf? Waffling with starting Trubisky over Cam.

Panthers in must win mode, but I could see them keeping the ball on the ground and in CMCs hands. Why run Cam much and risk his shoulder getting slammed into the turf? Waffling with starting Trubisky over Cam.

plus it's going to be right around 30 degrees at game time. That's frozen turf territory