Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Panthers shutting down Cam Newton

Good. I hope this kills off McCaffrey

I say that's still unlikely this week. DJ put up a decent fantasy day despite playing with the worst offensive unit in the NFL, and that includes the Panthers when they have a backup QB.

agree, If this Heinke had a big arm maybe there would be less CMC than usual, but I would expect tons of check downs and Running plays against a crap defense, sorry.

A few weeks to late.

• Like 1

Actually, it may make McCaffrey better. Anybody who watched Cam the last couple of weeks knew he couldn't throw downfield. Values for Moore, Samuels and even Thomas (TE) were way down because Cam simply couldn't get the ball there. McCaffrey will remain part of the game plan regardless, so he will still get his but won't face stacked boxes the same way. I see this as good news for Panthers skill players.

Heinke moves well in the pocket and fairly accurate on shorter routes, besides McCaffery could lean on Slot-Rec & TE...

A few weeks to late.

Yep. Would have easily won my matchup in the semis this past weekend if I'd played Lamar Jackson instead of Cam. Lost by less than 2 points...