Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Josh Gordon stepping away from the NFL...aka Suspended Indefinitely

From tom Pelissero on Twitter...

#Patriots WR Josh Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, per source. He announced today he’s stepping away to address his mental health.

Another wasted career. The sky was the limit for this guy, but the clock has run out. He obviously wasn't the same Josh Gordon this season....nor shall he ever be again.

Sad deal. Mental illness is tough. Guess he had alot of social anxiety that the marijuana helped with but also gets him banned. Forget football...hope the kid is ok and gets help. Got a long life ahead of him without a ball.

So......Hogan worth a ride in the Ship?

Absolutely not. Hogan was poop before Gordon, Hogan was poop with Gordon. Top 5 Bust of the year candidate.

Mmm just depends on ones roster.

But Hogan is a interesting add.

But I would agree he wasnt doing much before the Pats sign Gordon.

I think White does benefit the most.

I really hope the league stops testing for Marijuana. Years down the road people are going to wonder why the hell Marijuana was so vilified. Got to love big pharma

I really hope the league stops testing for Marijuana. Years down the road people are going to wonder why the hell Marijuana was so vilified. Got to love big pharma

dont have a problem with marijuana.. No matter what it is if you can flush away millions of dollars and a great life for anything it is a problem.

Well, down to either Hogan or Trequan as my WR3 in the Ship. Good grief.

May just send Trequan out there one more time. Lower floor (basement, actually) but higher ceiling. One would think that he is bound to hit again eventually.

dont have a problem with marijuana.. No matter what it is if you can flush away millions of dollars and a great life for anything it is a problem.

Everyone is different. Some people need it due to poor brain chemistry, if they want to function normally. It's sad he can't lay off, but it's also sad that it's even a banned substance

It'll be interesting to see who White lines up for the majority of the game. He's Buffalo's best corner by far. It was prolly gonna be Gordon. I wanna say they've had him cover Gronk a lot in the past.

Pretty obvious that marijuana was the fix for his mental issues. Marijuana lower MAO in the body which is also what depression medications do. There is simply no reason why guys who live their earning beating up on other should even be being tested for marijuana. When is Goodell going to take his drug test?

i think this will do it for me and the NFL if it turns out he is being disciplined for pot.

Chris Hogan cardio plan. The man runs clear out routes harder than anyone out there

It'll be interesting to see who White lines up for the majority of the game. He's Buffalo's best corner by far. It was prolly gonna be Gordon. I wanna say they've had him cover Gronk a lot in the past.

Sad deal. Mental illness is tough. Guess he had alot of social anxiety that the marijuana helped with but also gets him banned. Forget football...hope the kid is ok and gets help. Got a long life ahead of him without a ball.

So tragic.

he's made just enough money to get another year supply of weed...unfortunately this will likely be a lifetime ban.

Is there any evidence he failed another test?

was just made official he's played on the Reserver\Commissioner Suspended list indefinitely.

"Effective today, Josh Gordon has been returned to the Reserve/Commissioner Suspended list indefinitely for violating the terms of his conditional reinstatement under the Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse," the league said in a statement.

Gordon, 27, had been suspended by the NFL for most of the previous four seasons because of multiple drug violations. Based on the discipline schedule in the collective bargaining agreement, Gordon would be facing banishment from the league for any positive test, though he could still apply for reinstatement.

The guy is just a bad person. I was listening to his rap sheet being read on the radio and this guy really is a POS. Good riddance.

He gives people with ACTUAL mental health issues a bad name. Nothing's wrong with this guy - he's just a bad person.

Couldnt agree more. More taxpayer money and lives have been ruined by the awful War on Weed than like anything ever. Its about time the world woke up - it aint 1972 anymore and the grumpy, weed haters have mostly died off. Welcome to the real world here. Its a plant. Relax. ;)

Weed and gambling are gonna pull this country out of the gutter and rebuild the crumbling infrastructure that so badly needs road and bridges fixed

Couldnt agree more. More taxpayer money and lives have been ruined by the awful War on Weed than like anything ever. Its about time the world woke up - it aint 1972 anymore and the grumpy, weed haters have mostly died off. Welcome to the real world here. Its a plant. Relax. ;)

Weed and gambling are gonna pull this country out of the gutter and rebuild the crumbling infrastructure that so badly needs road and bridges fixed

I can't tell if this was sarcasm.... I'm not going to bash Mary Jane here. I just survived a year long fight with Cancer and was not allowed even the medicinal marijuana as it was illegal in Missouri until this past election. Mary Jane is a HUGE helper for those going through Chemo. It not only eases pain, but it also settles your stomach. When you are taking 26 different medications per day, it's honestly hard to keep them all down. Many times you throw them back up, especially in the morning. What I will say about marijuana being 100% legal is this; At one time, Greece was one of the world's largest exporter of Doctors to the rest of the world. They also had one of the highest percentages of young people with advanced degrees. They legalized marijuana.... In ten years, they were no longer in the top ten of the world for college graduates with advanced degrees, but not even in the top ten in college graduates. They no longer are known for their Universities or their Medical Professionals. Greece is known for being near collapse for the last several years. Was it the pot? People outside of Greece say no. People in Greece say it played a role as the ambitions of the younger people were no longer there. It's an interesting case study. Another one is the state of Colorado. They have a billion dollar tax surplus from pot sales. They now also have the highest rate of homelessness and it is growing each month. Some say it is homeless people coming in from other states, because, where else would you want to be homeless??? Their rate of accidents being covered by insurance is up over 300% in the last year. Crime is also rising rapidly. It isn't all roses.

My personal opinion - I don't care if people smoke it. I've never met a pothead that wanted to go shoot anyone or caused anyone else any harm. The worst thing I've seen is a guy drop the dip for the chips in the floor.

It was 100% not sarcasm. Ive smoked pot pretty regularly since I was 15 and Im 36 with two degrees and making a very solid yearly salary. Peoples ambition and drive in life isnt deterred by pot its from an internal drive. Alcohol has probably lost more people jobs and been cause to flunk out of college more than pot. Im also pretty sure Colorado has had a lot of homeless prior to the pot legalization. No one goes broke and homeless from pot.

I can't tell if this was sarcasm.... I'm not going to bash Mary Jane here. I just survived a year long fight with Cancer and was not allowed even the medicinal marijuana as it was illegal in Missouri until this past election. Mary Jane is a HUGE helper for those going through Chemo. It not only eases pain, but it also settles your stomach. When you are taking 26 different medications per day, it's honestly hard to keep them all down. Many times you throw them back up, especially in the morning. What I will say about marijuana being 100% legal is this; At one time, Greece was one of the world's largest exporter of Doctors to the rest of the world. They also had one of the highest percentages of young people with advanced degrees. They legalized marijuana.... In ten years, they were no longer in the top ten of the world for college graduates with advanced degrees, but not even in the top ten in college graduates. They no longer are known for their Universities or their Medical Professionals. Greece is known for being near collapse for the last several years. Was it the pot? People outside of Greece say no. People in Greece say it played a role as the ambitions of the younger people were no longer there. It's an interesting case study. Another one is the state of Colorado. They have a billion dollar tax surplus from pot sales. They now also have the highest rate of homelessness and it is growing each month. Some say it is homeless people coming in from other states, because, where else would you want to be homeless??? Their rate of accidents being covered by insurance is up over 300% in the last year. Crime is also rising rapidly. It isn't all roses.

My personal opinion - I don't care if people smoke it. I've never met a pothead that wanted to go shoot anyone or caused anyone else any harm. The worst thing I've seen is a guy drop the dip for the chips in the floor.

I don't believe pot makes someone lack ambition, but those lacking ambition certainly seem to be drawn to it. I don't mean to imply all who use pot lack ambition, but lacking ambition may increase the likey hood of one using pot. I'm fine with those using it in a responsible way, similar to alcohol use.

• Like 1

It was 100% not sarcasm. Ive smoked pot pretty regularly since I was 15 and Im 36 with two degrees and making a very solid yearly salary. Peoples ambition and drive in life isnt deterred by pot its from an internal drive. Alcohol has probably lost more people jobs and been cause to flunk out of college more than pot. Im also pretty sure Colorado has had a lot of homeless prior to the pot legalization. No one goes broke and homeless from pot.

Some of the claims you're responding to are pretty outlandish. I'd fact check that post before trying to refute it.