Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Nick Foles is so damn good

Started him in the superflex, likely the catalyst to winning the ship' Love you forever Foles!

What about it? They won right?

This is a fantasy discussion at least I thought

This is a fantasy discussion at least I thought

Week 15 featured a lot of QBs who didn't perform well. Foles was just one of them. I'm also more just talking about him being an actual really good qb, which is painful obvious. I mean, it's been obvious for a while now, but some people were trying to fight it. I don't think they can any more.

Nick Foles is a great NFL backup... one of the best, if not the best in the league. Any team who has his should be grateful that he's on their team... unless he's earmarked as their starter. Then... you should be very worried.

Nick Foles is a great NFL backup... one of the best, if not the best in the league. Any team who has his should be grateful that he's on their team... unless he's earmarked as their starter. Then... you should be very worried.

It's sad that some people are so blind. His numbers say that he is a legit starting talent. He just spanked one of the better teams this year. Of course a legit good starting qb is going to be the best backup if that's how his team uses him. SB MVP. I don't know why some people refuse to acknowledge it. Maybe these people are so deathly afraid of looking wrong that they will be as ignorant as possible in the face of facts?

Foles would be a upgrade in Tampa.

QBs are so much a product of the coaches. With a good coach, Foles is very capable as a starter. He's not talented enough to win with bad coaching, but there are only a few QBs that are.

QBs are so much a product of the coaches. With a good coach, Foles is very capable as a starter. He's not talented enough to win with bad coaching, but there are only a few QBs that are.

Yeah there is no point in bringing up the coach aspect of it. Rivers hasn't won anything. Rodgers and Brees each have as many SBs as Foles does. A good football coach is incredibly important because there are so man players and so many aspects of the sport that need a leader.

It's sad that some people are so blind. His numbers say that he is a legit starting talent. He just spanked one of the better teams this year. Of course a legit good starting qb is going to be the best backup if that's how his team uses him. SB MVP. I don't know why some people refuse to acknowledge it. Maybe these people are so deathly afraid of looking wrong that they will be as ignorant as possible in the face of facts?

Ryan Fitzpatrick spanked the Super Bowl favorite and this Eagles team. Where's he? Yeah, a backup. Exactly.

Foles would be a upgrade in Tampa.

Agreed. But that's not saying much. That's like a midget boasting that he's the tallest midget in the world. It's no different than Bucs' homers saying Winston deserves an extension because he's the best QB in franchise history. When the bar is ankle high, it's a lot easier to step over it.

Ryan Fitzpatrick spanked the Super Bowl favorite and this Eagles team. Where's he? Yeah, a backup. Exactly.

You're comparing the career of Fitzpatrick to that of a SB MVP?? Wow. Yeah Ryan Fitzpatrick won a few games this year, therefor he is comparable to the likes of great qbs :lol:

Dont know foles was so polarizing

He is. It's a shame because Foles is so far superior to guys like Fitz, Winston, Smith, Bortles, Bradford. Yet he doesn't get these absurd contracts like these guys have gotten. Why won't he, even though he is far superior? Because of some weird group think that parrots what they hear. Some "expert" said Foles isn't that good, so most people just assume that's correct, even when they are obviously wrong. The stats tell us he is very good, and it's right there when we watch him play.

Agreed. But that's not saying much. That's like a midget boasting that he's the tallest midget in the world. It's no different than Bucs' homers saying Winston deserves an extension because he's the best QB in franchise history. When the bar is ankle high, it's a lot easier to step over it.

Lol I like your post.

Either way he’s still a upgrade for teams like the Bucs and the Bills and the and I would say the Dolphins and the Jags and the Bengals

And the Raiders and the Broncos and Zona and Niners and and the Gmen and the Redskins.

So he’s a pretty mighty midget. Thanks great reply.

I think he's due 19 million if the Eagles keep him so likely to be a free agent

Well, people want to use him to tweak eagles fans, so it becomes a topic.

He's not that polarizing. He's a great backup but there's a handful of people that want to cherry pick a sample size of 3 or 4 games and say "look how great he is", when the rest of us know that there's more to a career than a handful of games.

Well, people want to use him to tweak eagles fans, so it becomes a topic.

I don't think that's it at all. Most Eagles fans are of the opinion that Nick is great to have as a back up to Wetnz and WHEN he leaves, they believe he'll be a great back up and below average / stop-gap starter.

SEASON TEAM G PAATT PACMP CMPPCT PAYD YATT PALG PATD PAINT RATE RUATT RUYD RUAVG RUTD

2015 STL 11 337 190 56.4 2052 6.09 68 7 10 69.0 17 20 1.2 1

I'll stick with my opinion that Foles is one of 20-25 QBs that with the right coach can be a successful starting QB. He's not good enough to overcome bad coaching and still win, but there are only a handful that can. Not sure if that makes him over or underrated, but take away his year under Fisher and he has pretty decent numbers.

He's not that polarizing. He's a great backup but there's a handful of people that want to cherry pick a sample size of 3 or 4 games and say "look how great he is", when the rest of us know that there's more to a career than a handful of games.

I don't think that's it at all. Most Eagles fans are of the opinion that Nick is great to have as a back up to Wetnz and WHEN he leaves, they believe he'll be a great back up and below average / stop-gap starter.

Super bowl MVP. Plus he out dueled Brady in the biggest spotlight. I think that's a key that people choose to be ignorant to. He played lights out in the biggest game of his life. A lot of QBs can't handle big games. Foles played even better when it mattered most. Damn he is so good and is so obvious.

To me, he is like a younger Eli.

Cool-headed and unshaken in big games. Tough. Good leader. Heady, with a good arm....but, perhaps, not the model of consistency throughout the course of an entire season.

Definitely (and obviously) starting material.

Super bowl MVP. Plus he out dueled Brady in the biggest spotlight. I think that's a key that people choose to be ignorant to. He played lights out in the biggest game of his life. A lot of QBs can't handle big games. Foles played even better when it mattered most. Damn he is so good and is so obvious.

Ok. :dunno:

Suppose Foles puts up another monster game, they win and make the playoffs. (Not really that far fetched, as I think Chicago does beat Minnesota).

Any scenario Phily keeps Foles, and trades Wentz? Or is Wentz the future no matter what.

Suppose Foles puts up another monster game, they win and make the playoffs. (Not really that far fetched, as I think Chicago does beat Minnesota).

Any scenario Phily keeps Foles, and trades Wentz? Or is Wentz the future no matter what.

Wentz no matter what, even if Foles is a Super Bowl MVP again.

Wentz no matter what, even if Foles is a Super Bowl MVP again.

I think you're probably right about the Eagles being dumb enough to do this. I don't think their D is good enough to win it this year, but Foles is a miracle worker. Letting go of a 2 time SB MVP :lol: There would still be guys like Tbay telling us Wentz is the better option :lol:

I think you're probably right about the Eagles being dumb enough to do this. I don't think their D is good enough to win it this year, but Foles is a miracle worker. Letting go of a 2 time SB MVP :lol: There would still be guys like Tbay telling us Wentz is the better option :lol:

You do realize that your opinion of Foles is tremendously in the minority, right?

You do realize that your opinion of Foles is tremendously in the minority, right?

I dont care. It was in the minority when he was drafted. I thought he showed promise immediately. I was also in the minority thst thought the Trubisky trade was a good move. Being a sheeple and making every judgment on a player based on what most people think seems pretty lame.

Oh and realize what you are saying, the Eagles should and would go back to Wentz if Foles won a 2nd SB MVP. That seems like some backward ass logic

I dont care. It was in the minority when he was drafted. I thought he showed promise immediately. I was also in the minority thst thought the Trubisky trade was a good move. Being a sheeple and making every judgment on a player based on what most people think seems pretty lame.

Oh and realize what you are saying, the Eagles should and would go back to Wentz if Foles won a 2nd SB MVP. That seems like some backward ass logic

You weren't in the minority about Trubisky. The fact that most of the NFL scouting world thought that he was a top 5-10 pick basically puts your opinion in the majority. Generally, when the majority of people believe something, it's because it's true/right. Is that full proof? Of course not, but normally, when people are in the minority and talk at a level of arrogance, it's usually coming from a stance of ignorance.

So, you saw promise in a guy who was in the perfect situation at the perfect time... after Wentz had an MVP season and carried them to that #1 seed... but you didn't see him stink in 4 or the 9 games (over the last 2 seasons), nor any of his previous career - aside from a gimmicky run with Chip Kelley (that clearly crashed the following season)? My, you are an observant one.

Putting your faith in a 24 year old who had an MVP caliber season in his second year instead of a 30 year old who's never played a full season in his 7 year career is NOT "backward ass logic".

Dude, Foles is a great back up and could start for teams, but I doubt there is a single football decision maker anywhere that would choose him over wentz. Having said that stop with the majority rules thing. It is a terrible and often dangerous position to take. Besides the "Majority" of people in this world are a bunch of morons

EM VEE PEE

Foles is hot and cold. 1 TD in 3 games this year, then he throws for 4 in his last. I doubt he repeats what he did last year, but time will tell.