Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Ertz and McCaffrey set single season records today

For # of receptions at their positions in a single season.

And McCaffrey didn't make the pro bowl.

The agony of it all.

For # of receptions at their positions in a single season.

And McCaffrey didn't make the pro bowl.

So whom would you take away from the list so McCaffrey can get in? Gurley, Elliot or Barkley?

Before week 16, the total yards from scrimmage was:

1. Ezekiel Elliott       1892
2. Todd Gurley           1831
3. Saquon Barkley        1809
4. Christian McCaffrey   1747

So whom would you take away from the list so McCaffrey can get in? Gurley, Elliot or Barkley?

Before week 16, the total yards from scrimmage was:

1. Ezekiel Elliott       1892
2. Todd Gurley           1831
3. Saquon Barkley        1809
4. Christian McCaffrey   1747

I didn't know the pro bowl was purely stats. Did Lindsey make the pro bowl?

New NFL. Low risk throws vs neutered defenses. Wittten of the three yard catch and fall down was the previous record holder. Not impressed.

New NFL. Low risk throws vs neutered defenses. Wittten of the three yard catch and fall down was the previous record holder. Not impressed.

Well for McCaffrey, 5 yards per rush average this year and 8.2 yards per reception for an RB through 14 games sucks? You are seriously clueless and should not comment on football.

For Ertz. Over 1000 yards receiving through 14 games, and over 10 yards per catch is bad as well I guess?

:doh:

Well for McCaffrey, 5 yards per rush average this year and 8.2 yards per reception for an RB through 14 games sucks? You are seriously clueless and should not comment on football.

For Ertz. Over 1000 yards receiving through 14 games, and over 10 yards per catch is bad as well I guess?

:doh:

The topic isn't rushing. McCaffery has been quite impressive in that department. I'm talking about the proliferation of the safe dump off pass or the pass within 3 yards of the LOS that has become the offensive strategy for many teams. Learn to read seajerk.

The topic isn't rushing. McCaffery has been quite impressive in that department. I'm talking about the proliferation of the safe dump off pass or the pass within 3 yards of the LOS that has become the offensive strategy for many teams. Learn to read seajerk.

No. The topic is that Ertz and McCaffrey set records. That is all. Plus McCaffrey has a great yards per catch average. You have a low IQ.

No. The topic is that Ertz and McCaffrey set records. That is all. Plus McCaffrey has a great yards per catch average. You have a low IQ.

No issue with Ertz. Its the safe dump off pass thats everywhere now. I don't respect it. I like power running and downfield passing . McCaffery catching 100 uncontested passes wide open in the flat didn't mean much. Didn't help Carolina all that much either. They may want to involve the wide receivers in the game plan a bit more. It works. Whole game is set up for it.

No issue with Ertz. Its the safe dump off pass thats everywhere now. I don't respect it. I like power running and downfield passing . McCaffery catching 100 uncontested passes wide open in the flat didn't mean much. Didn't help Carolina all that much either. They may want to invovebthe wide receivers in the game plan a bit more. It works.

He set a record. Why aren't all the RBs setting these records year after year?

He set a record. Why aren't all the RBs setting these records year after year?

Teams run different offenses. Better ones that lead to more points and your offensive line not being wasted after running down field to block all day. And a running back who can kill a clock when you need it. MCCaffery aint doing that.

Teams run different offenses. Better ones that lead to more points and your offensive line not being wasted after running down field to block all day. And a running back who can kill a clock when you need it. MCCaffery aint doing that.

McCaffrey is currently #4 in rushing yards. And of the top 7, he has the highest yards per attempt rushing.

McCaffrey is currently #4 in rushing yards. And of the top 7, he has the highest yards per attempt rushing.

So? It is just stats...

So? It is just stats...

On top of being #4 in rushing, he is the best receiving RB in football. No big deal.

On top of being #4 in rushing, he is the best receiving RB in football. No big deal.

You know Fantasy football. That's cool. But you don't know winning football. That's clear.

You know Fantasy football. That's cool. But you don't know winning football. That's clear.

So you are blaming McCaffrey for the panthers sucking? And your comment displays supreme knowledge of managing an NFL team? Ok.

McCaffery catching 100 uncontested passes wide open in the flat didn't mean much. Didn't help Carolina all that much either. They may want to involve the wide receivers in the game plan a bit more. It works. Whole game is set up for it.

Don't know if you've been watching today's NFL, and from your comments, apparently you haven't but...

5 of 6 top yardage offenses: Chiefs, Rams, Steelers, Pats, Saints pass to their RBs often

5 of 5 top scoring offenses: Chiefs, Rams, Steelers, Chargers, Saints pass to their RBs often

5 of 6 of those teams will be in playoffs, with other team (Steelers) in position to be in postseason as well.

So those teams and us on board don't care that you're not impressed. It's what works in today's NFL.

What was that about 'not knowing winning football' again?

• Like 1

Don't know if you've been watching today's NFL, and from your comments, apparently you haven't but...

5 of 6 top yardage offenses: Chiefs, Rams, Steelers, Pats, Saints pass to their RBs often

5 of 5 top scoring offenses: Chiefs, Rams, Steelers, Chargers, Saints pass to their RBs often

5 of 6 of those teams will be in playoffs, with other team (Steelers) in position to be in postseason as well.

So those teams and us on board don't care that you're not impressed. It's what works in today's NFL.

What was that about 'not knowing winning football' again?

They also throw it downfield to their WR's. The Panthers don't. Remember when Eli was dumping the ball off to Barkley every other play? They weren't winning either. You have to do both to win. Taking the path of least resistance isn't a winning strategy. But you and the rest of the stat nerds can convince yourself you're watching the same game as those of us who know the game.
  • Like 1

They also throw it downfield to their WR's. The Panthers don't. Remember when Eli was dumping the ball off to Barkley every other play? They weren't winning either. You have to do both to win. Taking the path of least resistance isn't a winning strategy. But you and the rest of the stat nerds can convince yourself you're watching the same game as those of us who know the game.

to add to what you are saying here are the top 6 QB's in YPA

Mahomes

Rivers

Goff

Watson

Brees

Wilson/Ryan

only Ryan who is tied for 6th is not going to the playoffs, also the top 5 represent the top 5 records in the NFL

so if you want to win, YPA is the no 1 stat

edit:sorry forgot the Bears

• Like 1

Both the Giants and the Panthers have bad QBs. QB is the most impacting position on the field. Can't blame McCaffrey for that.

Both the Giants and the Panthers have bad QBs. QB is the most impacting position on the field. Can't blame McCaffrey for that.

I agree that Mccaffrey is a stud and my favorite RB in the NFL

that being said, good QB's make their RB's better

Rams for example when Goff sucked Gurley sucked

Gordon's worst years were Rivers worst years

See something like KC or Pitt who can plug in any RB and have success

David Johnson is useless cause his QB blows

I honestly don't know what to think of the RB position, imo, there isn't much difference skill wise from the best to the 15th best

I agree that Mccaffrey is a stud and my favorite RB in the NFL

that being said, good QB's make their RB's better

Rams for example when Goff sucked Gurley sucked

Gordon's worst years were Rivers worst years

See something like KC or Pitt who can plug in any RB and have success

David Johnson is useless cause his QB blows

I honestly don't know what to think of the RB position, imo, there isn't much difference skill wise from the best to the 15th best

Yeah. How many top current day RBs couldn't do what Emmitt Smith did behind the best o-line in probably all of history? Aikman was not great but really good.

That's why drafting an RB top 10 is a wasted pick unless that is all you need.

McCaffrey is a special player for current times. Too bad they have Newton. They are committed probably for at least a couple more years to that guy.

The topic was the amount of catches he had. I said I wasn't impressed and that it's not a winning strategy. I proved my point. You yelled about stats. Fantasy nerd vs real life football analysis. I won.

Yeah. How many top current day RBs couldn't do what Emmitt Smith did behind the best o-line in probably all of history? Aikman was not great but really good.

That's why drafting an RB top 10 is a wasted pick unless that is all you need.

McCaffrey is a special player for current times. Too bad they have Newton. They are committed probably for at least a couple more years to that guy.

Do you mean when Emmitt ran the Cowboys into the playoffs with a dislocated shoulder? It was hanging two inches below his other shoulder. Or do you mean when he actually played that way throughout the playoffs AND the Superbowl with said shoulder injury? There isn't a RB in the league today who would/could do that. They would go on IR to have their surgery immediately. Yes, Emmitt had one of the best offensive lines in the history of the game, but the guy also played seriously injured and didn't run out of bounds on plays. Who does that today? No one. I'm not the biggest fan in the world of Emmitt, but c'mon, his line didn't make him as a running back. His vision and heart did. If you disagree, go back and watch the 15 games he played while hurt, or the 2nd half against the Giants in the last game of the season to determine who won the division. You won't see that in todays NFL.

Do you mean when Emmitt ran the Cowboys into the playoffs with a dislocated shoulder? It was hanging two inches below his other shoulder. Or do you mean when he actually played that way throughout the playoffs AND the Superbowl with said shoulder injury? There isn't a RB in the league today who would/could do that. They would go on IR to have their surgery immediately. Yes, Emmitt had one of the best offensive lines in the history of the game, but the guy also played seriously injured and didn't run out of bounds on plays. Who does that today? No one. I'm not the biggest fan in the world of Emmitt, but c'mon, his line didn't make him as a running back. His vision and heart did. If you disagree, go back and watch the 15 games he played while hurt, or the 2nd half against the Giants in the last game of the season to determine who won the division. You won't see that in todays NFL.

I can't comment on players and injuries because I don't know what some of these guys play through as they often don't like letting other teams know what type of injury they have. I don't think playing with an injury makes a player great. But I do know that when a team has a great offensive line, most times their RBs have great years.

Giants fan, hate the Cowboys. Emmett was a gamer, one of the best of all time, great line or not. Not really that complicated

Giants fan, hate the Cowboys. Emmett was a gamer, one of the best of all time, great line or not. Not really that complicated

Smith was very good for sure. I'm just saying that behind that Cowboy o-line, even Melvin Gordon, Joe Mixon, Phillip Lindsay, Nick Chubb, Derek Henry, Chris Carson, Kenyon Drake, Marlon Mack, Lamar Miller.....etc..... would have been very good.

Impossible to prove obviously and maybe for a year or two you'd be right, but not for a decade

Impossible to prove obviously and maybe for a year or two you'd be right, but not for a decade

I'm less trying to diminish Smith's numbers but rather raise up that o-line. That has to be the best of all time. In a run first era, they dominated like no other o-line in history.