Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Better cowboy: Clint Eastwood Or John Wayne

The Duke

Speaking of which, The Cowboys was on Sundance the other night. Havent seen it in years, underrated John Wayne flick. Bruce Dern was a real in that

I've never seen a John Wayne movie start to finish in my life....Not sure why..Just haven't--recommendations?

I've never seen a John Wayne movie start to finish in my life....Not sure why..Just haven't--recommendations?

The Cowboys

The Searchers

True Grit

The Duke

Speaking of which, The Cowboys was on Sundance the other night. Havent seen it in years, underrated John Wayne flick. Bruce Dern was a real ###### in that

Yep. One of my favorite movies of all time. I wanna rip Dern's face off every time I watch it.

Hard to compare. Both legendary in their own ways. Clint played the same hard-nosed bad ass in all his cowboy movies.

The Duke was a older when he did his best Cowboy movies, so he was either fatherly, crotchety, or drunk in his best roles.

Duvall.

He's an actual cowboy.

This. :thumbsup:

But of the actual choices given I gotta go with Clint. From The Man With No Name to Josey Wales to William Munny... Just an all around great cowboy.

I've been able to get through a couple of Clint's movies start to finish....barely. Unforgiven comes to mind even though that was one of his last ones.

Don't think I've gotten through any of Wayne's movies start to finish. His work never did anything for me. He's probably the most iconic American actor, though.

Same. That clip of the Shootist looked good though; I'll try to remember it for when the wife is out banging one of you guys. :thumbsup:

Rio Bravo

Big Jake

Red River

I've been able to get through a couple of Clint's movies start to finish....barely. Unforgiven comes to mind even though that was one of his last ones.

Don't think I've gotten through any of Wayne's movies start to finish. His work never did anything for me. He's probably the most iconic American actor, though.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

It's really ridiculously long but rather good.

• Like 1

My fave Duke movie is prolly The Quiet Man. No way it ever gets remade. It couldn't.

Shootist is absolutely begging for a remake.

John's real name is Marion, right? Pass.

Also, two of my favorite cowboys are Duvall and Thomas haden Church. They do a good job. They did a movie together that was real good.

Also, Tom Selleck makes a pretty fine cowboy too. Those movies he's been in haven't been as well done.

kilmer as doc Holliday is another good one. But for the thread def Clint for me... John Wayne movies are more like my deceased fil's era.

kilmer as doc Holliday is another good one. But for the thread def Clint for me... John Wayne movies are more like my deceased fil's era.

Alex Karras as "Mongo" :doublethumbsup:

NOBODY has played a role so perfect.

Classic role, so great. Vudu may need to rewatch, its such a great movie on all fronts.

Eh. Over the top and hammy.

Yup.

Tell ya, the guy who played Clanton nailed it. God, I hate that guy.

-mission accomplished for an actor.

Kilmers character was good, but is there even a second event performance where you weren't thinking, hey that's Val kilmer!?

I don't think I can pick between them, it feels impossible

I'm a huge Eastwood fan, some of the best westerns ever.... But the Duke was King over him all day long.

Clint did what? Squinted his eyes, smoked stogies and had a fast gun.. When he spoke, it was what - a line long?

The Duke >>>>> Blondie