Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

"Funny business" on WW Finals Week ..

I've been doing fantasy football since 1991. I'm thinking of just doing FanDuel in 2019. Some funny business / BS went down Finals Week, and the Commish blew it off. Which was:

1) Overall last place team (Pam) on Thurs 12/20 cuts R. Wilson. Not through the FA process. Through waivers, and doesn't pick up a corresponding player. NOTE: The way ESPN is set up - players are available to be picked up off the WW three days later (e.g., Sun 12/23).

2) Sun 12/23 the last place team owner's (Pam's) fiancé (Mike) picks up R. Wilson from the waiver-wire. Even though FAAB are not required (just for FA pickups), he "bids" ALL of his 1,000 FAAB to get him. NOTE: Mike's only QB is C. Keenum..

3) On Sun 12/23 I text the Commissioner that there is some funny business going on and he needs to take a look into it.

4) His response :20 later is "I really don't care .. and if you look at the Jeff (the other Team Owner in the Finals), I doubt he cares either. NOTE: At the time, Jeff had Fitzpatrick in at QB.

5) Well, apparently Jeff DID CARE. He cut his entire team to waivers at 12:50PM EST on Sun 12/23. Those he couldn't cut (Kamara; Ertz), he put on his bench.

6) So, Mike won the Finals 139 to 0. NOTE: I estimated a likely roster for Jeff. He'd have won 149 to 125 (DEN QB's points were lower than SEA QB's points).

So - I'm very disheartened that:

a) Pam and Mike blatantly cheated like that, so that he'd have a good QB matchup for the Finals; and

B) the Commissioner completely blew off his responsibility for maintaining fair competition.

Thoughts?

Lol So funny ! Yes all pertinent info is required to give an accurate assessment. Mobb your crazy funny !

Now you know what league to not be a part of next year. I've had friendships impacted by BS fantasy moves. Play in impersonal nobody knows anyone leagues that are tightly regulated by people who have more to lose than you--their reputation. Also, in any decent league rosters are locked for non-playoff teams and any player dropped after a certain week becomes ineligible to be picked up for the rest of the season.

Yeah, that was pure bull. And I'm sure Pam has pretty t!tties, but that doesn't mean that flies.

That's why I don't play in leagues where I know the people well. Someone always tries to pull some BS like that. Yeah, the Commish should have stepped in and stopped it.

I saw a work league several years ago where a Supervisor over a data processing team changed the league rules in the playoffs and didn't tell anyone. He was the league Commish, and also their boss. AFTER the second round of the playoffs, he implemented a rule that each broken tackle for a running back was worth one point. He never told anyone, just started calculating the points differently. His reason - His RB's were leading the league in broken tackles and it was the only advantage he could find for himself. I wasn't a part of the league, but told a guy he was he should be pulling some 'Fight Club' stuff in that office.... The league disbanded, but most of the guys joined the same league the following year.

Will need Pams bra size to give an accurate assessment. TIA.

This was not a joke...

Lol So funny ! Yes all pertinent info is required to give an accurate assessment. Mobb your crazy funny !

Much like cover cornerback coverage has to be taken into account when you're figuring starting WR's...no trade or waiver claim issue that involves a woman can be accurately analyzed without "CAN SIZE"? This is an immutable rule of FFToday and you risk the wrath of the FFToday Hampster if you do not comply.

I've been doing fantasy football since 1991. I'm thinking of just doing FanDuel in 2019. Some funny business / BS went down Finals Week, and the Commish blew it off. Which was:

1) Overall last place team (Pam) on Thurs 12/20 cuts R. Wilson. Not through the FA process. Through waivers, and doesn't pick up a corresponding player. NOTE: The way ESPN is set up - players are available to be picked up off the WW three days later (e.g., Sun 12/23).

2) Sun 12/23 the last place team owner's (Pam's) fiancé (Mike) picks up R. Wilson from the waiver-wire. Even though FAAB are not required (just for FA pickups), he "bids" ALL of his 1,000 FAAB to get him. NOTE: Mike's only QB is C. Keenum..

3) On Sun 12/23 I text the Commissioner that there is some funny business going on and he needs to take a look into it.

4) His response :20 later is "I really don't care .. and if you look at the Jeff (the other Team Owner in the Finals), I doubt he cares either. NOTE: At the time, Jeff had Fitzpatrick in at QB.

5) Well, apparently Jeff DID CARE. He cut his entire team to waivers at 12:50PM EST on Sun 12/23. Those he couldn't cut (Kamara; Ertz), he put on his bench.

6) So, Mike won the Finals 139 to 0. NOTE: I estimated a likely roster for Jeff. He'd have won 149 to 125 (DEN QB's points were lower than SEA QB's points).

So - I'm very disheartened that:

a) Pam and Mike blatantly cheated like that, so that he'd have a good QB matchup for the Finals; and

B) the Commissioner completely blew off his responsibility for maintaining fair competition.

Thoughts?

My takeaway is that Jeff threw a little tantrum

when he found out that his opponent legally picked up a player that was dropped. Who drops their entire roster before the championship game?? I've never heard of anyone doing that before. How was it cheating if the league you joined allows waiver wire additions during the playoffs?

IF Jeff really did care he would of fielded a lineup to compete to win. Both you and Jeff come across as pissy owners who I would not want in my leagues.

Pam's can size is an A until we have evidence otherwise; which of course there is nothing wrong with that.

Will need Pams bra size to give an accurate assessment. TIA.

More pertinent information is needed such as who is the swiftest player being dropped

If I was Jeff I would have kept playing for the win.

I don’t understand why he didn’t.

Happy New Year

John 11:25-26.

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And who so ever live and believe in me shall never die. Believe thou this?

Amen.

This is a multi-state league (NH, OH, MA, PA & NY), hence why via ESPN. Jeff actually plays frisbee golf weekly with the Commish. *MY* take on it is that Jeff saw what was going on - blatant cheating - and decided that if Mike wanted to win THAT BAD, that he was willing to cheat to do so - then eff it; I'll cut my whole team.

FYI: thankfully, this is not a $-league. It was SUPPOSED to be "for fun." :huh:

First, I would punch Pam in the face (maybe twice). Then I'd punch the commissioner in the face. Of course, Mike is going to get punched in the face too.

All on the front porch, in front of the kids and pets.

This is a multi-state league (NH, OH, MA, PA & NY), hence why via ESPN. Jeff actually plays frisbee golf weekly with the Commish. *MY* take on it is that Jeff saw what was going on - blatant cheating - and decided that if Mike wanted to win THAT BAD, that he was willing to cheat to do so - then eff it; I'll cut my whole team.

My take on Jeff, is that he quit.

I would have kept playing for the win.

Sorry but Jeff sounds like a whinny ff ower you did even more damage by sitting his players then the other guy.

Anyway it’s just me I’m sure.

Hey Happy New Year.

The lesson to be learned from all this is to never trust a grown man who plays frisbee golf. Theyre always either burnout hippies, or too poor to play real golf. This guy Jeff sounds like he has both bases covered.

First, I would punch Pam in the face (maybe twice). Then I'd punch the commissioner in the face. Of course, Mike is going to get punched in the face too.

All on the front porch, in front of the kids and pets.

Then beat em with jumper cables.

Being in leagues where people know each other is of no issue. I have been in two leagues, one upwards of 22 years and we've all known each other for probably twice that long, if not more. NO such crap would have taken place in either - not by a long shot.

People have been found life-less on the roadside for less.. :bandana: just sayin.

Find another league.

I recall a post many many years ago with the comment that still makes me chuckle:

"Who cheats in a free league??"

:doh:

Pam and Mike, that's who!!

BTW - I chatted with the Commish over the weekend, and my guess regarding Jeff sitting his entire team was correct: "Jeff saw what was going on - blatant cheating - and decided that if Mike wanted to win THAT BAD, that he was willing to cheat to do so - then eff it; I'll cut my whole team."

Cheating is incorrect as it is a loophole within the rules. Unethical or b1tch move would be more appropriate.

I don't blame the guy for bailing. Its a free league and is already tainted before the games started so a FU to the league and commish is totally appropriate.