Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Raiders Hire Mike Mayock as GM

Link

The Oakland Raiders are hiring NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock as their general manager, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Raiders, who finished 4-12, have the No. 4 overall pick in the draft, as well as the first-round picks belonging to the Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears.

The announcement of Mayock's hire is expected to be made as early as Monday.

OK.......

I'm gonna miss his draft coverage, and liked when he called preseason Vikings games, but GM? Raiders gonna be the Raiders.

OK.......

I'm gonna miss his draft coverage, and liked when he called preseason Vikings games, but GM? Raiders gonna be the Raiders.

Well, I think his status as the GM is 100% to find the right players for Gruden. If that's all he is doing, this could work out excellent. Mayock has identified some late round gems over the years and Gruden proved in Tampa he is unable to draft on his own. I like the pairing, if for no other reason than it shows Gruden is open to help in the draft this time around.

He isn't even good at his only real job! His main job is to rank players coming into the draft, and he can't even do that well!

In 2017 he had a safety, the least important position with an abundance of talent, ranked as his 3rd best player. He had Rueben Foster as number 7! Mike Williams was 12, oh and get this shlt, he had John Ross as the 14th best player in last years draft.

Mahomes was 32

Tradavious 36

Deshone Kizer, who is an embarrassment to the QB position, was 58.

Mayock is a FRAUD. Just like most analysts, he's a pure fraud. I am convinced that NFL analysts are the laziest people at their profession. They get their talking points from highlights and never actually go back to re-watch game footage. Then they all parrot each other because there is safety in numbers. Welp, I may have been dead wrong on all these players, but so was everyone else!

• Like 1

He isn't even good at his only real job! His main job is to rank players coming into the draft, and he can't even do that well!

In 2017 he had a safety, the least important position with an abundance of talent, ranked as his 3rd best player. He had Rueben Foster as number 7! Mike Williams was 12, oh and get this shlt, he had John Ross as the 14th best player in last years draft.

Mahomes was 32

Tradavious 36

Deshone Kizer, who is an embarrassment to the QB position, was 58.

Mayock is a FRAUD. Just like most analysts, he's a pure fraud. I am convinced that NFL analysts are the laziest people at their profession. They get their talking points from highlights and never actually go back to re-watch game footage. Then they all parrot each other because there is safety in numbers. Welp, I may have been dead wrong on all these players, but so was everyone else!

Pretty sure a lot of these guys go back and watch a lot of film.

If you ever heard Mayock during a combine you would understand he knows a ton about each kid there.

Not saying he will be a good GM, who knows. But he was a good draft analyst for sure. You are cherry picking wrong takes as if he claims he will nail every ranking. No one is right 100% of the time besides you and seafoam.

Yeah! Cause every one is always right about every player in the draft. That's why only HOFers go in the top 10 and no one outside of the first round is ever really good.

If you ever heard Mayock during a combine you would understand he knows a ton about each kid there.

Not saying he will be a good GM, who knows. But he was a good draft analyst for sure. You are cherry picking wrong takes as if he claims he will nail every ranking. No one is right 100% of the time besides you and seafoam.

I am not right that much, and I am sure he is far better at it than me, but those are picks that shouldn't have been missed. He should be doing a lot better

I guess we'll find out how good he is over the next few years.

Would've rather seen Louis Riddick Jr get that gig, but am a big Mayock fan. There's a rapport there with Gruden, who really doesn't need to be making the picks as a GM. Mayock will have strong input. Good move.

When you are ranking players, and getting paid to do so, it's safe to pick what the other analysts are picking. That's just common sense and job security. If he announced what he really thought, and what his true rankings were, he would be putting his job in jeopardy if the picks didn't pan out. With the money he was getting paid, it's wise to stay with the flock. I'd have done the same thing.

Kiper Jr. was supposedly being considered by Washington several years ago, but I have no idea what happened. There was a blurb about it on a fantasy site, but nothing came of it. I'd love to see some of these guys get GM jobs. If nothing else, they know the best scouts in the business and I bet they could draft some solid players.

When you are ranking players, and getting paid to do so, it's safe to pick what the other analysts are picking. That's just common sense and job security. If he announced what he really thought, and what his true rankings were, he would be putting his job in jeopardy if the picks didn't pan out. With the money he was getting paid, it's wise to stay with the flock. I'd have done the same thing.

Kiper Jr. was supposedly being considered by Washington several years ago, but I have no idea what happened. There was a blurb about it on a fantasy site, but nothing came of it. I'd love to see some of these guys get GM jobs. If nothing else, they know the best scouts in the business and I bet they could draft some solid players.

You would show yourself to be a lesser talent evaluator just to play it safe for your job? Wow

I know people have successfully made this type of transition in other sports. I would not be surprised if this works out fine.

"Who in the hell is Mel Kiper"? Draft day lore.

I too am a big Mayock fan and will miss his draft analysis.

Anyone who says he is a fraud and doesn't watch tape is clearly a fraud themself.

I give credit to Gruden for bringing in someone in as GM who he will listen to and respect especially on draft day and with players moving forward.