Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Harper and Machado, what gives?

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Harper was scorching hot the first few weeks of the season. He has cooled off along with pretty much everyone else in the hitting lineup. I only expect .270ish with 30 dingers and 90+ RBIs plus lots of National fans salty tears. :thumbsup:

I agree that Harper is well on his way to being a Veterans Committee Hall of Famer.  👍

Just now, MDC said:

Harper was scorching hot the first few weeks of the season. He has cooled off along with pretty much everyone else in the hitting lineup. I only expect .270ish with 30 dingers and 90+ RBIs plus lots of National fans salty tears. :thumbsup:

Those numbers won't crack the top 20.  Pretty sad given his contract

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Those numbers won't crack the top 20.  Pretty sad given his contract

Talked about it ad nauseum during free agency but the quick answer is the Phillies needed to overpay if they wanted Harper to make them relevant again and it’s only $ in a sport with no cap.

Albert Pooholes still has 3 years left on his deal. There is 72 million that was lit on fire.

Miggy Cabrera still has 7 years left :lol: at 30.5 million per :lol:

Noodle Arm sale just tricked Dumbo into lighting 150 million fire and giving him 5 more years, why? I have no focking idea

Jeters long term deal worked out pretty good I would say. Most of them don't. Derek was special. Tom Brady special. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Jeters long term deal worked out pretty good I would say. Most of them don't. Derek was special. Tom Brady special. 

Manny too. Far and few between.less than 5% I'd say