Sign in to follow this  
sderk

The gov. shutdown spotlights a bigger issue: 78% of US workers live paycheck to paycheck

I attended a Dave Ramsey conference a couple years back. Our owner sent all of us managers, and it was more of a business leadership conference, but he obviously spent a good chunk of time talking about finances and debt and whatnot.

I agreed with about 95% of what he said, most of it being intuitive and common sense IMO. But it was a solid message overall.

Yep. Most working stiffs live that way or damned close to it.

I'm not sure I'd label them all working stiff, I just think it's reality - it's life. I also don't think this is a new phenomena, I suspect it's been this way for the majority of citizens since, well - forever.

The Geek Club and 6 figure salaries and million dollar pensions and 6 month emergency funds - these are the exception, not the rule.

1/3 of them being veterans. Why do they hate the people who fought for our freedom?

why do you hate Americans and their children who suffer in many ways because of illegal immigration?

Why do you guys hate kids? What is wrong with you?

I attended a Dave Ramsey conference a couple years back. Our owner sent all of us managers, and it was more of a business leadership conference, but he obviously spent a good chunk of time talking about finances and debt and whatnot.

I agreed with about 95% of what he said, most of it being intuitive and common sense IMO. But it was a solid message overall.

That's cool. We need more people like him to be educators in various areas of life to point out how to manage the basics of having an approach to living sensibly as they pertain to the subject matter at hand.

why do you hate Americans and their children who suffer in many ways because of illegal immigration?

Why do you guys hate kids? What is wrong with you?

Why do you hate Americans and their children who suffer in many ways, because the president isn't paying their mom and dad? Why do you hate kids? What is wrong with you?

Why do you hate Americans and their children who suffer in many ways, because the president isn't paying their mom and dad? Why do you hate kids? What is wrong with you?

Why are you more worked up about some people having their pay deferred than you are about the cop killed by an illegal alien in your sanctuary state just last week? And the illegal aliens that helped him hide?

Why are you more worked up about some people having their pay deferred than you are about the cop killed by an illegal alien in your sanctuary state just last week? And the illegal aliens that helped him hide?

Why are you more worked up about a state letting the federal government do the job of the federal government, than a bunch of veterans who can't feed their kids, because the president is throwing a temper tantrum?

Why are you more worked up about a state letting the federal government do the job of the federal government, than a bunch of veterans who can't feed their kids, because the president is throwing a temper tantrum?

They can't feed their kids? After missing one check? You want to be taken seriously?

They can't feed their kids? After missing one check? You want to be taken seriously?

if you can't manage being without a paycheck for a few weeks, you should not be having kids. If they are suffering, they are getting what they deserve. The parents that is.

We're trying to be taken seriously around here all of a sudden? I thought we were just busting one another's balls. You guys are the people thinking a wall in the middle of nowhere is going to stop drugs and scary brown people from entering the country. Not a good a starting point to have any sort of serious discussion.

Anything about babies in unplugged incubators in the hallways?

Question, why does the left want open borders?

Answer: Because Trump is president.

Its either a 35-foot concrete wall or open borders.

Whats it gonna be libtards?!? :mad:

We're trying to be taken seriously around here all of a sudden? I thought we were just busting one another's balls. You guys are the people thinking a wall in the middle of nowhere is going to stop drugs and scary brown people from entering the country. Not a good a starting point to have any sort of serious discussion.

Why wouldn't we be scared of "brown" people coming here? Have you seen their own countries? Who wants more of that here? Never mind they aren't vaccinated. Got a brown country anywhere on earth that isn't a dysfunctional shithole? Let me know and I'll support those brown people coming here. I'll hang up and listen.

You would have to ask someone on the left that wants open borders. I look forward to your report.

No one does, that’s just something you made up. No one in congress is in favor of open borders.

No one does, thats just something you made up. No one in congress is in favor of open borders.

Sanctuary cities kind of ruins that one for you. Just sayin

I think people dont really inderstand what sanctuary cities means. Or they understand it but deliberately try to give a misleading definition of the term.

Arent they different things?

So what your saying is that a sanctuary city that welcomes and protects illegals from being deported doesn't want them here? Do I have that right?

Aren’t they different things?

Sanctuary cities are a system in place to support the affects of having open borders. They are basically saying, it's all good. We need some more votes.

So what your saying is that a sanctuary city that welcomes and protects illegals from being deported doesn't want them here? Do I have that right?

No. What Im saying is what I said.

Sanctuary cities are a system in place to support the affects of having open borders. They are basically saying, it's all good. We need some more votes.

We dont have open borders.

No. What Im saying is what I said.

Then how do the illegals that walk here get in?

Then I'm not sure how we have so many illegals in this country. And why there is even the concept of sanctuary city.

Then how do the illegals that walk here get in?

They sneak in. I think theres some confusion here. You are familiar with the concept of illegals sneaking in right? If we had open borders, that wouldnt be a thing, no? One of us doesnt understand what open borders means. Maybe its me, I donno. Seems like its you though.

Then I'm not sure how we have so many illegals in this country. And why there is even the concept of sanctuary city.

About two thirds of illegals overstay their visas. Im sure a huge chunk of the rest enter legally and decide not to leave. And sanctuary cities arent cities where illegals are welcome. Theyre cities where the police dont detain illegals on behalf of ICE, which in some cases is arguably illegal and unconstitutional.

They sneak in. I think theres some confusion here. You are familiar with the concept of illegals sneaking in right? If we had open borders, that wouldnt be a thing, no? One of us doesnt understand what open borders means. Maybe its me, I donno. Seems like its you though.

To me it's a border that you can walk from one country to another without a barrier of some sort. We have that in many places.

Ok so open borders means immigrants can move freely without need for documents, papers etc. In America, you have to have Nese things I just mentioned, or you can sneak in illegally, hence the term illegal immigrants.

To me it's a border that you can walk from one country to another without a barrier of some sort. We have that in many places.

Ok so yea that’s not what it is. Open borders means you don’t need documents or passports and such to cross borders. In America you need those things, hence, we do not have open borders. You can get in legally with documents, or you can sneak in illegally.

Ok so yea thats not what it is. Open borders means you dont need documents or passports and such to cross borders. In America you need those things, hence, we do not have open borders. You can get in legally with documents, or you can sneak in illegally.

It's both.

:lol:

Never heard of a Coyote for the purposes of human trafficking?

Ok so open borders means immigrants can move freely without need for documents, papers etc. In America, you have to have Nese things I just mentioned, or you can sneak in illegally, hence the term illegal immigrants.

I think in general people use the term 'open borders' as meaning there is not enough security measures in place to prevent a consistent flow of illegals crossing over the border and/or smuggling illegals goods into the country.

I've heard some border agents talk about how much a physical barrier in the southwest of this country would greatly help them be more effective at their jobs.

I think in general people use the term 'open borders' as meaning there is not enough security measures in place to prevent a consistent flow of illegals crossing over the border and/or smuggling illegals goods into the country.

I've heard some borders talk about how much a physical barrier in the southwest of this country would greatly help them be more effective at their jobs.

Ive heard this as well. The border patrol in general are in favor of a more secure wall. I imagine it like if you let rats loose, if theres a wall funneling them to one opening you can round them up easier.

About two thirds of illegals overstay their visas. Im sure a huge chunk of the rest enter legally and decide not to leave. And sanctuary cities arent cities where illegals are welcome. Theyre cities where the police dont detain illegals on behalf of ICE, which in some cases is arguably illegal and unconstitutional.

I haven't seen the actual numbers lately but even if your 2/3 comment is correct, 1/3 is still a lot. Plus, the 2/3 need to go as well or at least be in the final stages of becoming a citizen. iI's just my opinion that giving safe spaces for illegals to go about their business and using healthcare and social services is not the right direction to go.

Also, I think border patrol would be greatly benefited by having the physical obstacle that is being talked about here.

Ive heard this as well. The border patrol in general are in favor of a more secure wall. I imagine it like if you let rats loose, if theres a wall funneling them to one opening you can round them up easier.

Funnel them into California. They're fully capable of supporting them all.

I haven't seen the actual numbers lately but even if your 2/3 comment is correct, 1/3 is still a lot. Plus, the 2/3 need to go as well or at least be in the final stages of becoming a citizen. iI's just my opinion that giving safe spaces for illegals to go about their business and using healthcare and social services is not the right direction to go.

Also, I think border patrol would be greatly benefited by having the physical obstacle that is being talked about here.

Its like the people who say well only ten percent of Muslims are radical. It isnt that many. So there are almost 200,000,000 million extremists? Great! And even the ones that arent extremists are anti-western.

Far too many fed employees are useless and unnecessary. And just like politicians, they make stupid financial decisions.

The GAO reports that five federal agencies alone spent $3.1 billion on workers placed on administrative leave in a two-year timespan. A lot of that cash — $775 million, to be exact — went to public employees banned from their desks for more than a month. (“Primarily,” Lankford’s waste book finds, “workers are placed on leave because they are under investigation for misconduct.”)

Why work for the government when you can get paid not to?

The Department of Transportation awarded $1.04 billion to expand the city of San Diego's trolley by 10.9 miles, which is about $100 million per mile.

Washington, D.C. has spent more than $200 million for a streetcar along 2.4 miles of the city, which can already be traveled using the bus system

The National Science Foundation shelled out nearly a million taxpayer dollars to determine if captive mountain lions could be trained to ride a treadmill. The University of California-Santa Cruz researcher even boasted about receiving the grant

It seems thousands of agency provided electronics are lost in space. NASA hasn't kept track of the thousands of Smartphones, tablets, and AirCards they've provided their employees. At the same time, “Over 2,000 devices – 14 percent of the total owned by the agency– went unused for at least 7 months from 2013-2014.” On the agency’s list of lost items, they've listed “laptops, video tapes, and moon rocks.

The Iraq War was a military conflict that lasted seven years (2003–2011) and cost $1.06 trillion. The Bush Administration launched it to eliminate the threat from Iraq's Sunni leader, Saddam Hussein. President Bush announced Hussein was developing weapons of mass destruction. The Iraq War was part of the War on Terror. That was the U.S. response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks by al-Qaida.

The war added more than $1 trillion to the U.S. debt.

The US Dept of Education has an annual budget of over $80B. What do they do exactly?

Over the course of its 36 years as a Cabinet-level agency, the Department of Education has spent more and more taxpayer money with no improvement in academics, figures show. The department will spend $79 billion in fiscal 2016, nearly twice as much as its budget in 1980 (after adjusting for inflation).

Despite all the extra spending, scores on the Nation's Report Card haven't budged. For 17-year-olds, math scores have improved by only 1.6 percentage points from 1982 to the most recent test. In reading, scores are up 0.4 percentage points since 1980.

Internal Revenue Service - possibly the biggest joke of a govt agency in history

2016 budget: Just under $11 billion, nearly $2 billion below the president's request

Employees deemed essential: 11.6 percent, or 9,978 employees

In 2015 the GAO called my project the model program that future army repair programs should emulate.

Since then the army has done things the same way they've always done them.

That's my story about the GAO after they put me through a grinder.