Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Patriots @ Chiefs AFC Championship Thread

Are the pats just THAT amazing? A fair debate to have.

Yes, I think they are that amazing. Not even a debate to be honest.

I understand your frustration but it just proves the point. 17 of 18 seasons in the playoffs (11 wins in the bad year?), 9 of 10 Division Champs; 13 Conference Championship Games, 9 Superbowl appearances. Averaging a Conference Championship and SB appearance every OTHER year. Sometimes that team has been stacked; other years the talent level seems beatable - then comes the post season - Coaching, commitment, excellence.

It's mind boggling.

Yes, I think they are that amazing. Not even a debate to be honest.

I understand your frustration but it just proves the point. 17 of 18 seasons in the playoffs (11 wins in the bad year?), 9 of 10 Division Champs; 13 Conference Championship Games, 9 Superbowl appearances. Averaging a Conference Championship and SB appearance every OTHER year. Sometimes that team has been stacked; other years the talent level seems beatable - then comes the post season - Coaching, commitment, excellence.

It's mind boggling.

Belichick will sacrifice talent for smart players and coaches that don't make mistakes. Time and again, his teams are always well-prepared. Then he's got Ernie Adams up in the booth with the photographic memory breaking down the game as it unfolds and relaying key tendencies to Belichick.

1. The refs. That phantom roughing call on Brady was brutal, and very likely changed the outcome of the game.

Bad call, but a bit of an overstatement. Would have been 3rd and 7 without the roughing. Brady was 5 for 5 for 86 yards and 5 first downs on third down in the 4th qtr and overtime. Only one of those 5 was shorter than 7 yards.