Sign in to follow this  
the lone star

Kareem Hunt's True Value & Talent

Is Kareem Hunt That Good Or Did He Play In A Good System?

Other Andy Reid RBs who had decent-phenomenal games and/or years
1. Duce Staley
2. Westbrook
3. Shady
4. Jamaal Charles
5. Charcandrick West
6. Spencer Ware
7. Damien Williams
8. Bryce Brown

And I'm sure I'm missing some other fill-in type guys with the Eagles. I like Hunt's game on the field, but I also feel like he benefited a lot from Reid and his system.

What do you all think?

Kareem Hunt was 1st in 2017 in yards gained after contact, so I'd say that's all his talent alone.

Hunt top 10 in elusive running backs http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915072/article/kareem-hunt-dion-lewis-among-10-most-elusive-running-backs

He was 8th in broken tackles in 2018 even missing several games. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/2017/rotopass-broken-tackles

Some teams just produce running stats. KC is one of them. Williams came in and didnt miss a beat although he was a marginal players fot his career.

Not that Hunt isnt skilled. But RB just hardly matters.

Both, I think he has very good skills, but is also like many nfl players a product of the system.

Doesn’t just count for qbs.

Hunt also led the league at lying to his team's leaders.

I doubt he ends up in a better situation than he had in KC.

There isn't a better place for a skill player than KC. As a RB then Dallas and LA are close. I'd say that he ends up in Chicago which is in the top 5 places for a RB based on system.

Texans, Falcons, Ravens, Eagles, would be much better for Hunt then the Bears.

Bills make sense. Not for Hunt, but for them.

Of course if he has a market then I doubt he goes to the Bills.

Top 5 rb and woman abuser

Did Priest and Larry play for Reed or was that before he was KC coach?

Top 5 rb and woman abuser

Did Priest and Larry play for Reed or was that before he was KC coach?

I haven't followed his personal life, as I don't really follow any entertainers personal life, but is he really a woman abuser? I saw that latest video, and he really looked like he was just acting like and ass rather than abusing a woman. That chick kept going back and getting in his face so he pushed her away and she fell. Then that kick was just a push with his foot. If she felt threatened or abused at any point in the altercation, she could have just walked away way before anything happened.

This is not a Ray Rice situation in the least. I mentioned earlier it looked more like a drunken college dorm incident on any Friday or Saturday of most any college in the country, and I still think that it looked that way.

"That kick was just a push with his foot". Come on foamy, yer really explaining away the actions of an abuser? Bad optics.

In ppr leagues. I've been all in on Andy Reid running backs for decades now. I realize that's not a direct answer on Hunt himselfs talent. But the point is. I didn't even know who Hunt was the year he came out. He was a college kid that didn't really catch my eye. But as soon as Reid drafted him, he was gonna be mine.

In ppr leagues. I've been all in on Andy Reid running backs for decades now. I realize that's not a direct answer on Hunt himselfs talent. But the point is. I didn't even know who Hunt was the year he came out. He was a college kid that didn't really catch my eye. But as soon as Reid drafted him, he was gonna be mine.

Reid is definitely good for single back offenses, especially with those other weapons he has on offense. Hunt will be good anywhere he goes unless it's a bottom 5 offense like Arizona was this year.

I verbally offered up my Karrem Hunt for the 1.01 this year

Curious what people here think............... though there is obviously risk and uncertainty involved on both sides at this point so its not a clear cut calculation at all, no idea of the right value.

Seems reasonably clear Hunt will be back in an NFL uniform barring another incident. Completely unclear the situation (team) he will be returning to and length of suspension though 6-8 games seems to be a middle range.

I don't know the rookie pool myself other than it appears there is not an Elliott-Gurley-Barkley type so it seems like its not going to be a stud year. Its way too early but if I had to guess I'm thinking WR Metcalf could end up the dynasty 1.01 with a strong combine and landing spot but both of those could be weak or maybe he gets into trouble himself, who knows?

Anyway, rookie Metcalf (or other?) vs Hunt........................ for anyone who cares to opine

Appreciate any way too early guesses/thoughts

Some people like to equate pushing an obnoxious aggressive woman down to the ground with a guy who punches his wife and knocking her out cold with one punch and dragging her to a room.

I don't.

I think the problem with 1.01 for Hunt is we might not know Hunts situation before someone's draft comes up.

While you're right. There is no gotta have prospect this year, it still seems to risky to trade it.

I think the problem with 1.01 for Hunt is we might not know Hunts situation before someone's draft comes up.

While you're right. There is no gotta have prospect this year, it still seems to risky to trade it.

The dude will get picked up. I hope by Chicago. But, who knows how long the suspension will be. This is why I thought it was a mistake for a team to not pick him up within a few days after he was dropped by KC. Especially by the Bears who have Nagy. He's knows the guy and has come out and said he talked to him personally after the being let go.

If he was picked up right away, the suspension, whatever it will be, would have already been started and partial time would have been served.

Bad publicity for any team that would have picked up a woman beater.

Let’s just hope justice is done, and that he will get another chance at life, just not in the nfl, let’s just hope so.

If he does return I would like to see him go to the Texans, or Eagles, or Ravens, or Falcons.

Bad publicity? Every team in the league has or has had a bad dude on it. NFL numbers will never go down significantly for any reason.

Without any knowledge of where Hunt lands or the length of his suspension I wouldn't give more than a 2nd.

Right now a mid to late 2nd seems correct imo. 1.01 - regardless of this year's rookie talent - is far too much to pay for a suspended abuser with no current prospects.

Something to keep in mind, I believe 28 teams took Joe Mixon off their draft boards based on his actions in H.S., when you'd expect people to be more stupid and make stupid decisions. Hunt was what, 21, 22, when he did what he did. I think we may find that there won't be as much interest in Hunt as some may think.

Without any knowledge of where Hunt lands or the length of his suspension I wouldn't give more than a 2nd.

Right now a mid to late 2nd seems correct imo. 1.01 - regardless of this year's rookie talent - is far too much to pay for a suspended abuser with no current prospects.

Interesting

Based on this view I sent out offers for Hunt in all the leagues I don't own him just to see..........all 2nd round picks this year but I also included a "bonus" 2020 2nd with each.

One was 2.03, the rest were late 2nds...............I'll let you know how it goes

I'd feel pretty good about the risk-reward at that price, and I figure if I get any nasty comments about it not being enough I'll just refer them to you Ralphster

LOL :D

Yes, dynasty value vs rookie crop picks

Gotcha. His value is going to change depending on his landing spot. But heck, if you only have to give up a second rounder for him, I would trade for him and forget about it. But for 1.01, need to match up a couple prospects with possible teams.

I'm pretty sure a team will pick him up. Woman beater or not. Hopefully, he'll straighten his life out. I still wouldn't be suprised if he gets a minimum of 8-12 games suspension.With that saying, if your that good, the NFL will turn a blind eye.

I have no rooting interest in Hunt, but given what he has done compared to other degenerates in the league, I think he should get a second chance. He didn't beat the crap out of a woman who was trying to avoid him. He didn't sell drugs, or shoot himself in the leg in a nightclub. He wasn't obstructing justice after helping a murderer get away from the crime scene. There were no pictures of him in bed with some bimbo snorting coke.

The list could go on forever. Hunt got in a slap fight with an obnoxious drunk chick that wouldn't get on an elevator and go home when she wasn't wanted at a party.

No way a young and talented player doesn't get a second chance. Rice was already on the decline so wasn't worth the risk. Hunt will be sought after by a lot of teams as long as he does and says the right things

• Like 1

No way a young and talented player doesn't get a second chance. Rice was already on the decline so wasn't worth the risk. Hunt will be sought after by a lot of teams as long as he does and says the right things

And Hunt got ahead of things and did and said the right things instantly.

He already failed do to the right thing.

That would have been to be a man a walk away.

Thanks.

Doesn't that guy Jesus your always talking preach the very idea of redemption? Mary Magdaline and what not... thanks.

He did lie about the matter. Thats another reason he was cut from the team.

He did lie about the matter. Thats another reason he was cut from the team.

I don't think anyone is saying the guy has been 'stand up', and honestly, I kick myself at times for being overly critical of guys that screw up early in life, but I don't see a lot of garbage in Hunt. I very well could be wrong, but when I watched the video of that dumb chick in the hall of that hotel, I wanted to push her down. She was just as bad as he was. I wonder if she got fired from her job. Not sure career sluts can get fired though. :dunno:

Doesn't that guy Jesus your always talking preach the very idea of redemption? Mary Magdaline and what not... thanks.

who is that douche in your avatar?

who is that douche in your avatar?

That would be j rock from Trailer Park Boys on Netflix. I realize he's no maverick but funny as hell nevertheless...

That would be j rock from Trailer Park Boys on Netflix. I realize he's no maverick but funny as hell nevertheless...

Holy Cow. And all this time I seriously thought that was you.

I am more surprised that's what brought you out of retirement...

Holy Cow. And all this time I seriously thought that was you.

Please stop sderk. No one really cares. But the time you are now spending trying to fool everyone is just sad. No one cares that much but it is obvious. You look like more of a loser trying to play your little game. You are a grown man for focks sakes.

You are the same person. You act like it is some puzzle. No it is quite obvious.

Please stop sderk. No one really cares. But the time you are now spending trying to fool everyone is just sad. No one cares that much but it is obvious. You look like more of a loser trying to play your little game. You are a grown man for focks sakes.

You are the same person. You act like it is some puzzle. No it is quite obvious.

Wow.