Sign in to follow this  
edjr

NFL rubs more salt in the Saints wounds. 27K fine for h2h contact

The Saints should just drop out of the NFL. They could play 16 home games a year against LSU and their drunken buffoon fans would not notice or care.

Did they fine the guy that cheapshotted Eldelman a couple of plays after his non-muff?

No, but they did fine Chris Jones for that VICIOUS roughing the passer on TB

These NFL players need to take notes from the NBA. When you get hit, especially during a big game, lay down. The mistake the WR made was getting up too quickly. Had he simply lay there, act as if he was seriously injured, medical staff would have come out and try to revive him, a penalty would have been issued and the Saints would be playing in the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

These NFL players need to take notes from the NBA. When you get hit, especially during a big game, lay down. The mistake the WR made was getting up too quickly. Had he simply lay there, act as if he was seriously injured, had people come out and try to revive him, a penalty would have been issued.

I think that is one thing that makes the NBA unwatchable. But whatever you like I guess.

I think that is one thing that makes the NBA unwatchable. But whatever you like I guess.

I'm not saying do it all the time, but in this case don't you think it was warranted?

These NFL players need to take notes from the NBA. When you get hit, especially during a big game, lay down. The mistake the WR made was getting up too quickly. Had he simply lay there, act as if he was seriously injured, medical staff would have come out and try to revive him, a penalty would have been issued and the Saints would be playing in the Super Bowl.

are you saying black people embellish and lie?

• Like 1

That's a great point and I think you're right. Chalk it up to sad but true.

I'm not saying do it all the time, but in this case don't you think it was warranted?

Not saying you are completely wrong, I just don't think it helps the entertainment overall in the end.

Not saying you are completely wrong, I just don't think it helps the entertainment overall in the end.

Since its impossible to tell who is faking or not faking to a science, in the NBA and NFL maybe they could do something like if you get hurt and play on the field has to stop that player has to miss the rest of that half or quarter.

Since its impossible to tell who is faking or not faking to a science, in the NBA and NFL maybe they could do something like if you get hurt and play on the field has to stop that player has to miss the rest of that half or quarter.

At least more than 1 play in the NFL. I would buy into that. I don't have an opinion on the NBA.

That's a great point and I think you're right. Chalk it up to sad but true.

Yep. As much as I hate flopping, that would have been a real smart move.

Wait, American sports need to be more like soccer? We are focked.

Yeah, as bad as the crapper Nick types think mean old America is? Yeah, let's go full-on soccer hooligan for even one football game. You know, where they throw bananas at North African players on the pitch? No crap. They do that. And it ain't for the potassium.

Can you imagine how much are guys would lose their damn minds? And probably leave the field crying.

Hell, if anybody spoke Spanish, they would have really hated the last couple of games in Mexico City. 😁

Yep. As much as I hate flopping, that would have been a real smart move.

You are as dumb as she is.

• Like 1

Why? It would have probably worked. Popping up and going back to the huddle sure didn't.

Why? It would have probably worked. Popping up and going back to the huddle sure didn't.

If that is what the game has become I am glad I stopped watching.

Flopping is often used to try and sell contact that is very minor. No need to flop on what was a brutally apparent PI call. The H2H contact was just another blatant portion of the play that should've been called.

Embellishing an injury is bad sportsmanship

Embellishing an injury is bad sportsmanship

Absolutely. I'm just saying it would have worked with these weak refs. The majority of them are not very good.

Unless you enjoy professional sports :dunno:

Correct, my point is that I dont find them enjoyable anymore. How many people would follow professional sports without alcohol and gambling?

Correct, my point is that I dont find them enjoyable anymore. How many people would follow professional sports without alcohol and gambling?

I like baseball, hockey, and football for the sport alone. I do like football more with FF and booze. But I don't follow individual players. I don't want to know anything about them in their personal lives. Same for Hollywood. But I still like movies. It's all the same thing in the end. Entertainment.

Salt is something you put on roads.

No thats calcium

FU!! It was a hard hit! Did you see it????? He got up because that is what football trains you to do. He was most likely hurt but got up to seem tough. Look, he didn't have to pretend he passed out, but taking a second to get up from an obviously hard head to head contact would have been BETTER than getting up as if nothing happened.

Jerk!!

Take a look again:

Could have put this in any one of six different threads but:

So, goodell finally came out and commented on the non-call. I don't understand why he and everybody else is making this so complex. It doesn't require a major rewrite of anything. they're talking about 9 calls and judgment calls and what's reviewable and what's not...

Look, the existing system gives each coach three challenges. Just keep that system. But expand the field. If a coach wants to challenge an on-call? Fine. If a coach wants to challenge a judgement call? Fine. We've all made snap judgments in the moment that after we've had a chance to take a second look we've changed our minds. Especially if you've got a couple other guys from different perspectives weighing in. Including NY. Why should this be any different?

Again, just keep the three challenge flags. I know one of the major concerns is slowing down the game and we can't have coaches challenging every single call non-call & judgment call. So that's why you have three flags. They get three challenges. That's it. WTF is this so hard?

NFL sucks!

Owners suck!

Players Suck!

Fans suck!

Enjoy

It's entertaining. That's all it needs to be. I like Shark Tank and Deal or No Deal, but don't care about the people who make or participate in it.