Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

THIS is why cops are hyper vigilant and why non compliance is sometimes met with force

That's a bad dude.

Most cops would've shot the second dude, too, though.

That cop made at least half a dozen errors before that incident ever escalated.

Do they even have police academies anymore? Or do they just give them an old betamax copy of Police Academy as their training film?

You can see the second guy throw something out of his hand at 0:15. Illegals?

illegals are small, but I don't think that second guy is big enough to throw them out of his hands.

• Like 2

illegals are small, but I don't think that second guy is big enough to throw them out of his hands.

:doublethumbsup:

This is the problem that faces the police. Lefties want to drag down any officer that pulls a gun for any reason. If the cop has his gun drawn on that dude and puts him to the ground before he even had a chance to try to kill the cop, this would have been all over CNN as a police abuse of power.

I don't get why this video is a reason cops should drive around blasting people. Dude followed his training, and pulled some straight fricking John wick on the guy.

Cop is lucky AF. Should've walked behind the guy.

Not so sure. Cop had the angle he needed to react the way he did. He knew something was up when the guy started to walk away. He put his hand on his weapon and followed at a distance and angle where he could see and react accordingly. Lucky, yes, but it wasn't by accident. Dude was on point.

I don't get why this video is a reason cops should drive around blasting people. Dude followed his training, and pulled some straight fricking John wick on the guy.

It's not about blasting people, it's about people following police orders so the cops don't have to open fire. There's a big difference. And that is actually the storyline of this thread.

Cop was fortunate yes but a lesson to be learned is have a round chambered because your other hand might be occupied (as the cop's was)

Lots of people who carry concealed dont chamber a round. Makes no sense to me.

Lots of people who carry concealed dont chamber a round. Makes no sense to me.

No doubt. Chambering a round when you need your gun takes precious time and gives the perp a heads up you got a gun.

That cop made at least half a dozen errors before that incident ever escalated.

Do they even have police academies anymore? Or do they just give them an old betamax copy of Police Academy as their training film?

Hiring and promotion standards have. Even dramatically lowered due to Affirmative Action.

Cop was fortunate yes but a lesson to be learned is have a round chambered because your other hand might be occupied (as the cop's was)

:thumbsup:

#OneInThePipe

It's not about blasting people, it's about people following police orders so the cops don't have to open fire. There's a big difference. And that is actually the storyline of this thread.

The storyline could easily be, "See a well trained officer doesn't need to shoot every scary looking suspect that gives him a side-eye just because they might have a gun."

The storyline could easily be, "See a well trained officer doesn't need to shoot every scary looking suspect that gives him a side-eye just because they might have a gun."

I bet there would be a lot less cops killing people if those people were to just do as they are asked. That cop in this video was lucky that the bad guy wasn't better at handling his weapon.

This is the problem that faces the police. Lefties want to drag down any officer that pulls a gun for any reason. If the cop has his gun drawn on that dude and puts him to the ground before he even had a chance to try to kill the cop, this would have been all over CNN as a police abuse of power.

Doubt it. The dead guy looked white to me.

I roll with a revolver. No casings either. ;)

your idiocy on everything has to be an act

No doubt. Chambering a round when you need your gun takes precious time and gives the perp a heads up you got a gun.

Tell me about it. I'm packing a flintlock.

What does this even mean?

What does this even mean?

It means that the officer waited until someone actually pulled a gun to shoot and he survived because that's what he's trained to do. Your storyline is that you have to shoot them before he ever pulls the gun if they don't follow instructions.

I don't worry about the cops, but an unprecedented number of K9 officers have been shot recently. Grr

That's where I draw the line. First, these dogs didn't ask 2 be shot at. Second, their paws can't fit past the trigger guard. It's not fair.

Absolutely not kidding. If somebody shot my K-9 partner? I would beat the holy shiit out of them. And if I were on a jury? That cops getting a pass 100% of the time.

It means that the officer waited until someone actually pulled a gun to shoot and he survived because that's what he's trained to do. Your storyline is that you have to shoot them before he ever pulls the gun if they don't follow instructions.

I wouldnt think you would know this without training, but this cop should be dead. This cop got UNBELIEVABLY lucky. If you actually wait for a gun to be pointed at you, youre dead or better be damn lucky like this cat. If an armed person reaches for a weapon or refuses to drop it and makes furtive movements...theyre prob gonna get shot.

I wouldnt think you would know this without training, but this cop should be dead. This cop got UNBELIEVABLY lucky. If you actually wait for a gun to be pointed at you, youre dead or better be damn lucky like this cat. If an armed person reaches for a weapon or refuses to drop it and makes furtive movements...theyre prob gonna get shot.

Anyone ever watch the old PI series Barnaby Jones? Seemed like every episode he'd end up in a stand off with the bad guy and he'd pull his gun but wouldn't fire until the other guy fired at him first. I used to laugh my arse off thinking how dumb that is. Eventually, the odds catch up with you. And the same thing applies to cops. I love it when people like Nobody say a cop should wait until a bad buy pulls a gun before shooting. Easy to say when you're not the guy dealing with these situations every day.

Another good person shot for no reason :thumbsdown:

The word "reasonable" is used throughout LEO training. Thats what it all comes down to. My agency allows for deadly force when the officer "reasonably believes there is an imminent threat of death or serious injury to the officer or others". That reasonableness comes from numerous sources. Knowledge through training, experience from the street, knowledge of other officers, previous experience or knowledge of the suspect,etc. And the SCOTUS has said that monday morning quarterbacking isnt allowed. Reasonableness is based on what the officer knows at the time of incident.

The word "reasonable" is used throughout LEO training. Thats what it all comes down to. My agency allows for deadly force when the officer "reasonably believes there is an imminent threat of death or serious injury to the officer or others". That reasonableness comes from numerous sources. Knowledge through training, experience from the street, knowledge of other officers, previous experience or knowledge of the suspect,etc. And the SCOTUS has said that monday morning quarterbacking isnt allowed. Reasonableness is based on what the officer knows at the time of incident.

I did not see any shots fired from the guy who was kilt

I did not see any shots fired from the guy who was kilt

It’s kind of like drag racing. You lose if you red light but also lose if you are slow on the green. Cops have “that” much time to make decisions in certain instances. Otherwise, they lose in the media.

... of course, there are also multiple techniques the cops are supposed to employ 2 first take themselves out of harm's Way and second extend that window of time between fine and mortality.

Not saying cops don't sometimes have tough situations thrust upon them. But the first question you have to ask after the fact when a cop says he feared for his life? Why?

There are specific locations cops are taught to stand in a traffic stop, specific distances between even an unarmed allegedly perp and himself. Specific conditions for when 1 should wait and call for backup, Etc.

And that, in my opinion, is where the courts continually fuk up.

If I run into a gang of a dozen hostile looking gentleman who immediately encircle me and I start blasting away because I feared for my safety?

I'm sure you did sporto. But why did you run into the middle of the gang? You saw the number of potential hostiles. You weren't raiding a spelling bee. You've been trained to retreat back to safety and call for backup. Unless somebody's life is in imminent danger.

it's a hypothetical, and I'm not going to spend the rest of the afternoon debating a hypothetical. The larger point is, it's not enough to say I feared for my life! Or even I reasonably feared for my life! Part of the decision-making process after the fact is, did you put yourself in that situation unnecessarily? And if so, to me, that's at least involuntary manslaughter.

(Depending upon circumstances).

Reasonable man test; if my neighbor's having a party and I run into his living room and he pulls a weapon and has six friends and I shoot him and his buddies? I'm fairly certain I'm not getting off.

How many potential hostiles were in the video? What was cop there for?

In this case, given the very limited amount of footage we see, the cop clearly had no choice. But how much is him putting himself in a position that was untenable?

Those are the kind of things that OIS investigations should be asking. But in today's climate, too often it's a cya for the department rather than a search for truth and better training techniques.

Regardless of the politicizing and semantics, that guy is a bad ass. He gets three shots off on the guy that pulls the gun, immediately gets a call of shots fired on the radio and subdues the 2nd dude without lethal force as he starts running at him. I'd be proud to have that guy in my neighborhood.

Where was his partner?

Regardless of the politicizing and semantics, that guy is a bad ass. He gets two shots off on the guy that pulls the gun, immediately gets a call of shots fired on the radio and subdues the 2nd dude without lethal force as he starts running at him. I'd be proud to have that guy in my neighborhood.

Where was his partner?

Woman cop made the original call, he was the backup.