TimmySmith

Baltimore poised to become weed capital of world

Also, one of the reasons given was that prosecution of possession disproportionately targets people of color. I guess since it benefits them, they aren't offended when cops/prosecutors stereotype them.

Well then they have to legalize murder and violent crimes.

Nation wide, 70% of victims of violent crime by people they do not know describe their assailant as black.

Well then they have to legalize murder and violent crimes.

Nation wide, 70% of victims of violent crime by people they do not know describe their assailant as black.

You joke, but its philosophically correct. To suggest that a group of people should not be held accountable under the law because they break that law more often than others is dubious......its sick.....and hugely problematic. But people throw these concepts around rather freely....

Rosatis is a pretty large chain. There are some very good pizza places in the burbs that are a good amount better than anything here. There are also a ton of places that are overrated and charge way too much. The prices are insane. $28 for a 16" cracker crust that I can eat in one sitting

yeah. No way for that trendy crap. And I understand your point. Those places ruin the Chicago name. I am not a deep dish snob. I like it, but prefer crispy thin crust but loaded with original pizza ideals. Cheese, sausage, a bit of sauce, and heavy as hell.

I definitely don't like the east coast wet limp slices. They gross me out.

yeah. No way for that trendy crap. And I understand your point. Those places ruin the Chicago name. I am not a deep dish snob. I like it, but prefer crispy thin crust but loaded with original pizza ideals. Cheese, sausage, a bit of sauce, and heavy as hell.

It depends on where it's from for me, but it's annoying to see people fold their pizza. Might as well get a calzone then.

What do you think about MOD pizza?

BOP in Fells Point used to have the best pizza in MD. Haven't been there in a long time.

I refuse to admit there is anything other than "the horse" in fells point..... :D

BOP in Fells Point used to have the best pizza in MD. Haven't been there in a long time.

Pizza John's in Essex has been my fav. Riverside Pizzeria is also very good. I love getting it and then Crisping up the crust just a little more in the oven

Exactly. It's just another way to scramble your brain and feel good, no different than booze, just different side affects. Stop acting like it's not

I honestly dont think a majority of weed smokers think it is some magical drug.

The problem with it being illegal that people have is exactly what you mentioned. It is basically like alcohol but less harmful.

We have drunk centers (bars) in every single neighborhood in america. But some how it is 2019 and the weed has been the debble for decades and to some still is.

Tans post wasnt that it is a magical drug that you are seemingly running with here.

I honestly dont think a majority of weed smokers think it is some magical drug.

The problem with it being illegal that people have is exactly what you mentioned. It is basically like alcohol but less harmful.

We have drunk centers (bars) in every single neighborhood in america. But some how it is 2019 and the weed has been the debble for decades and to some still is.

Tans post wasnt that it is a magical drug that you are seemingly running with here.

I could make the argument that I can have a few beers and not get drunk. You don't smoke weed for any other reason than to get high, absent legit medical purposes, which are few.

I could make the argument that I can have a few beers and not get drunk. You don't smoke weed for any other reason than to get high, absent legit medical purposes, which are few.

I guess I dont understand this post.

You can drink a couple beers. You could also take 1 puff of weed. If your point is that drinking CAN be social (which it isnt much of the time) and weed isnt then I guess I cant argue that.

Still funny that we have places on every block in america to get drunk and drive home from. Then we especially in smaller towns have the whole police force out trying to catch said drunk drivers. But as for weed it is a schedule 1 drug like heroin for how many years?

There has obviously been a huge agenda.

You could have 2 beers and drive home. If they had weed bars you could toke up and not be high in a matter of less than an hour when you decide to go home. We could spin this any which way.

Also people generally drink for a buzz or to socially interact more freely. Lets be honest here. If not NA beer should be more popular.

Drinker stops for beers after work. Drives home.

Smoker drives home from work. Smokes weed.

These are the usual situations. You decide which is more safe for others on the road.

• Like 1

What do you think about MOD pizza?

Have not been. Next time I'm in Chicago or Maryland will give it a try. I usually go to Baltimore in August time frame for crabs etc...

I'll probably hit up Chicago area in the next couple months.

Been to Fell's Point a couple times over the last couple years. If you were serious about the Horse Saloon being good I'll make that a stop as well near the end of summer.

Have not been. Next time I'm in Chicago or Maryland will give it a try. I usually go to Baltimore in August time frame for crabs etc...

I'll probably hit up Chicago area in the next couple months.

Been to Fell's Point a couple times over the last couple years. If you were serious about the Horse Saloon being good I'll make that a stop as well near the end of summer.

I would suggest you hit the horse at least once, make your own decision on it, but its my goto.....in my 20's I would hit some bands over at Max's....

How come fells point is nice but the rest of the city is such a shithole?

I guess I dont understand this post.

You can drink a couple beers. You could also take 1 puff of weed. If your point is that drinking CAN be social (which it isnt much of the time) and weed isnt then I guess I cant argue that.

Still funny that we have places on every block in america to get drunk and drive home from. Then we especially in smaller towns have the whole police force out trying to catch said drunk drivers. But as for weed it is a schedule 1 drug like heroin for how many years?

There has obviously been a huge agenda.

You could have 2 beers and drive home. If they had weed bars you could toke up and not be high in a matter of less than an hour when you decide to go home. We could spin this any which way.

Also people generally drink for a buzz or to socially interact more freely. Lets be honest here. If not NA beer should be more popular.

Drinker stops for beers after work. Drives home.

Smoker drives home from work. Smokes weed.

These are the usual situations. You decide which is more safe for others on the road.

I agree with you completely that there is no real difference between weed and drinking. If anything drinking is more dangerous for the drinker and people around him.

I do worry about our staggering rates of addiction of all kinds and think legal accessible pot would have an overall deleterious effect on society. Thats not a reason for prohibition but if Im being honest I dont think self medication is a good thing. I say that as someone whos been a problem drinker in the past though.

How come fells point is nice but the rest of the city is such a shithole?

I might hesitate to call Fell's Point "nice", but I think it is well-patronized because the police do a decent job keeping the natives out of it. If you head a bit north into Canton you are in a "nicer" area than Fells. And then around the inner harbor you have that pockets of acceptable because the police are allowed to do their job, Federal Hill might be labeled "nice" but too often the natives manage to find their way in.

I agree with you completely that there is no real difference between weed and drinking. If anything drinking is more dangerous for the drinker and people around him.

I do worry about our staggering rates of addiction of all kinds and think legal accessible pot would have an overall deleterious effect on society. Thats not a reason for prohibition but if Im being honest I dont think self medication is a good thing. I say that as someone whos been a problem drinker in the past though.

It's becoming a problem, IMO. Son will be 18 this month and is surrounded by it. It is so easy to obtain. There are far more methods to smoke than there were when I was his age. And it's far more powerful. It's unavoidable.

As a timely thing, his school is even addressing it to the student body as a star athlete has been caught twice smoking on school grounds. And by star athlete I mean a kid who has offers from all the playoff schools. Which brings up another interesting point, I assume colleges are just turning a blind eye these days. They would lose too many recruits.

I've never met a mean toker. Mean drunks? Plenty but never met a mean toker.

It's becoming a problem, IMO. Son will be 18 this month and is surrounded by it. It is so easy to obtain. There are far more methods to smoke than there were when I was his age. And it's far more powerful. It's unavoidable.

As a timely thing, his school is even addressing it to the student body as a star athlete has been caught twice smoking on school grounds. And by star athlete I mean a kid who has offers from all the playoff schools. Which brings up another interesting point, I assume colleges are just turning a blind eye these days. They would lose too many recruits.

Safe assumption. College football is big business, the top schools have to do many things to get those kids in uniform, keeping this under cover is but one of them

I've never met a mean toker. Mean drunks? Plenty but never met a mean toker.

Thats true, I just meant the reasons for smoking and drinking are pretty much the same: self medication, anxiety management, socializing etc.

• Like 1

I can assure anyone that the combo of today's weed and malt liquor is a frequent precursor to violence.

Most of the time when I hear arguments about legalizing weed, I hear "Well, we have booze and that's bad so why not have weed too?"

To me it just sounds like adding more complexity to an already complex group of people, called 'teenage kids'.

Making weed legal actually makes it harder for kids to get their hands on it... Not that it's really hard to get legal or illegal.