avoiding injuries

Jussie Smollett (Empire) claims he was assaulted by MAGA guys.

9 minutes ago, posty said:

You should definitely post at FBG full time, you would fit in perfectly there...

IMDB LOL.

ok, actually, was thinking Eric LaSalle. (ER/Greys-potato..). He directs Chicago PD.  They all look alike to me. 

🍻

8 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

His hatred of blacks would get him banzored.

Oh come on, that's not fair. I think some of them are adorable. You should see, when they act like little people? Hysterical. I think some of them actually think they are! What a hoot. 😁

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Hate crimes and hoaxes: 10 campus stories debunked in 2017

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hate-crimes-and-hoaxes-10-campus-stories-debunked-in-2017

Remember when a black cadet at the Air Force Academy said he found a racist message in his dorm? That prompted Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria to say, in a speech that went viral, “If you can’t treat someone with dignity and respect, then get out.”

Turns out the episode was a hoax; the cadet had committed the hate crime all by himself.

OK, but what about the 2014 Rolling Stone article “A Rape on Campus”? That had its own problems: The piece included a discredited story about a rape at the University of Virginia involving the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity. And the venerable magazine settled a $1.65 million defamation suit earlier this year as a result of the false claims.

One student at the University of Michigan faked an attack because of what she called a post-election “surge in hate crimes.” 

At Michigan State University, all it took was one misplaced item and the entire campus went into a racial uproar. MSU President Lou Anna Simon released a statement commending one student for her “courage” in reporting a “racial incident” involving a noose on campus. There was just one problem: The noose turned out to be a lost shoelace, which university spokesman Jason Cody said “was not directed at any individual.”

But at a school in rural Minnesota, one piece of paper, which turned out to be a hate crime hoax, actually resulted in classes being canceled for a day.

In New York City, a Pakistani-American college student claimed that three masked men racially assaulted and robbed him, but the Queens College student recanted his story in May following a police investigation.

At Capital University in Columbus, Ohio, a student claimed to have had a hate-filled note taped to his door with racist and homophobic language – but after campus police investigated, the student admitted to false reports. In 2015, he pulled a similar stunt with a note containing racial slurs and swastikas. The police at the time didn’t find a suspect, but the campus community hosted an inclusivity march to combat possible hate crimes.

In the fall of 2016, he also reported being attacked by a white male, which turned out to be fabricated as well.

it's what they do, it's who they are

23 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

it's what they do, it's who they are

7 minutes ago, Mookz said:

😜

Interesting list of previous hoaxes up there.

Hopefully the fact this went so spectacularly bad for him so publicly will put others off from entertaining a hoax.

As much as those averted to identify politics have this golden embodiment of the ridiculousness and selfishness wrapped up in it in Smollet, it's rough to see the particular disappointment, disgust and concern that black civic and judicial workers in Chicago have. Talk about being offended genuinely. It's sad.

4 hours ago, posty said:

Prove me wrong that he hasn't been in front of a camera since he was kicked off GA...

But here, I will help you out since you are terrible at providing links...

Here is his IMDB page:  https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0913460/?ref_=nv_sr_2

He has been in many shows and films since 2007...

Oh yeah? Well, guess what? George is still gay. 

from what I saw, Lemon did better tonight.

Not sure if that's management or social media or other commentators cracking on him. - or all of the above. 

But credit where/when due.

Remember, prior to the American Revolution, there was "Boston Massacre" which was a bunch of people protesting a court, it got violent, and some protestors were shot and killed.  This event was used to drum up more violence en route to revolt.

At this stage of our descent into civil war, extremist factions are looking for their own version of a "Boston Massacre".  What they are hoping for is some kind of violence that leads to people getting killed and turned into martyrs, which will push the civil war much closer to reality.  I think in some way, Smollett was hoping that he could stage an event to make himself a martyr to push this forward.

But it WILL be something. The left will riot over some issue (possibly a tragic event involving a martyr).  And the goal of that event will be to start assaulting right wing people on the street or in their cars, and then the entire nation will eventually slide down into civil war.  It doesn't matter of Smollett fails, they will just try tomorrow with something else.

We are in "finding martyrs for the cause" phase.

The vision in my mind is an event in the next 2 years leads to martyrs for the left, and then you will watch on CNN and see left-wing protestors in the streets dragging white people out of their cars or homes or shops and beating them in the street, calling them racists.  That's coming.

River? Do you not recall the story yesterday of the guy who had a handwritten note saying that he'd been a committed white nationalist for over 30 years? Who has stockpiled a crap load of weapons to start a race war? I don't really think black people or CNN are going to have to invent lunatics like that.

Did you pay the usual $75 to the Romanian troll farm for that story? Or do you get a group discount?

When is the media gonna start with the "guy needs help, not jail" cause you know it's the next rallying cry.

Love how NOW it's all about 'not rushing to judgement' innocent until guilty. 

Ya know, now that 'modern day lynching' is off the table.

12 hours ago, naomi said:

Interesting list of previous hoaxes up there.

Hopefully the fact this went so spectacularly bad for him so publicly will put others off from entertaining a hoax.

As much as those averted to identify politics have this golden embodiment of the ridiculousness and selfishness wrapped up in it in Smollet, it's rough to see the particular disappointment, disgust and concern that black civic and judicial workers in Chicago have. Talk about being offended genuinely. It's sad.

I doubt it.  Think back when these hoaxes were previously used.  Before Twana Brawley Sharpton was basically a street hussler who used these events like a boxing promoter as it suited him. He is a huckster of the highest order and what did he get? Well, his own TV show nowadays, status as an AA leader....

Our society encourages this behavior.

What media self-reflection and navel-gazing and recrimination I have seen is literally the exact same ship that they said after the smirking kid / Indian fiasco just freaking weeks ago.

many of them are trying to blame social media. The big bad bugaboo of our generation. Except for the fact that a hell of a lot of this shiit occurred on their airwaves.

Love to see Colbert bring Ellen Page back. But that will never happen.

The politicians like Booker and Kamala are the most nutless of the bunch.

What if......his story now turns out to be true?    :huh:

I mean think about it for a moment.  The leftists assumed he was legit from the jump, now that the police have stepped up, suddenly everything has swung the other way......and we still do NOT have all the information....so.....i ask, what if we now find proof he was legit?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

:first:

Best sports show on TV and it isn't close, thanks largely to Chuck.  :D

13 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I mean think about it for a moment.  The leftists assumed he was legit from the jump, now that the police have stepped up, suddenly everything has swung the other way......and we still do NOT have all the information....so.....i ask, what if we now find proof he was legit?

To entertain that at this point is impossible. :nono:

guys guys guys! Can we wait till we have all the facts?

LOL, this guy, seems he was pulled over for DUI in 07 and gave the Police his younger brother's name and info and signed the notice to appear with his brother's name, thanks Fam

20 minutes ago, edjr said:

guys guys guys! Can we wait till we have all the facts?

That will depend on the gender, sexual orientation, and skin color of the person in question.  Justice is different depending on these factors....

24 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

To entertain that at this point is impossible. :nono:

But perhaps entertaining....   😁

6 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

Haha........oh that's rich!! 

1 hour ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

We may not know everything but we have enough information to know his story is not legit. 

wow Charles that was hilarious, the fact hes doing it on live tv, that they can't edit, and the white dude is like please Charles stop, what a biatch that dude is.  Prob a Bernie supporter

In an insightful segment that mocks some of the apparent mistakes made by Jussie Smollett and others involved in what is now widely perceived to be a staged attack, Comedy Central late-night host Trevor Noah finds what he calls a “silver lining” in the case.

In the segment presented on “The Daily Show with Trevor Noah,” the host makes the point: “When this started out, it was a story about people who hated Jussie Smollett because he was black and gay. But now people hate him because he’s an a–hole.”

“In other words,” Noah adds, “they’re judging him on the content of his character and not the color of his skin — and that, my friends, is progress.”

https://youtu.be/-rnPopf8_wg

• Thanks 1

"When this started out, it was a story about people who hated Jussie Smollett because he was black and gay."

No, no it wasn't. What an idiotic response by Noah.

Just now, Reality said:

"When this started out, it was a story about people who hated Jussie Smollett because he was black and gay."

Depends on what he's talking about.  Was he talking about the reaction to the story or the story itself... meaning, "2 white republicans beating up a black gay guy"?

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Not sure I follow...  Before it came out as a hoax, that was the narrative being pushed. That he was attacked for being black and gay. :dunno: