Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Social Security

That's good. And then who gets to pay for all the 75 year old losers down the line who spent theirs on superhero movies and vapes?

They can keep collection SS I don't care if they are stupid enough to keep paying into a program with 1% growth. I hope they enjoy their $300 a month.

I should not have to subsidize people's poor life choices. It's thieft of my money and the biggest Ponzi scheme in the history of the world. It will collapse and I'm hoping to salvage what I can.

They can keep collection SS I don't care if they are stupid enough to keep paying into a program with 1% growth. I hope they enjoy their $300 a month.

I should not have to subsidize people's poor life choices. It's thieft of my money and the biggest Ponzi scheme in the history of the world. It will collapse and I'm hoping to salvage what I can.

A lot of people have been paid, so calling it a Ponzi scheme is inaccurate. If the politicians would keep their hands off of it there would be better returns or we could

Contribute less.

A lot of people have been paid, so calling it a Ponzi scheme is inaccurate. If the politicians would keep their hands off of it there would be better returns or we could

Contribute less.

No, it's 100% accurate. Lots of people get paid in Ponzi schemes look it up. Eventually those payments out pace new investors. SS is a ponzi scheme there is no denying it.

Seriously though, I get responsible people adding it up and figuring they can do better. but there are so many complete fockin idiots out there. If saving via SS isn't forced on them they won't do it. And the rest of us will have to carry them.

There are other ways to fund it rather than keep taking from workers and offering them a fraction of a ROI.

You act as if it's impossible to keep it solvent. It's not. It can be easily accomplished. Demand it.

I don't think that it is impossible to keep it solvent at all. I just think that we shouldn't do it and let it be phased out. SS was put in place to give people an opportunity to have some income when they got older and there really wasn't much else other than pensions. Well, now there are all sorts of other methods to save for retirement. Have people use them instead of SS. Let it be phased out.

This correlates to the discussion being had about the federal workers who didn't have enough savings to carry them through the downturn. Simply putting your hands over your eyes and ears and acting like those financial dummies don't exist doesn't make them go away. You pay for it somehow....They go to hospitals and don't pay their bills BOOM...your rates go up. They cause accidents and don't have insurance BOOM...Your rates go up. They steal, BOOM..your costs go up. You cannot ignore these people....So you are absolutely subsidizing these morons. Every single day. Does SSI make that go away? No....And I can't quantify how much it helps.....But I imagine its there.