Sign in to follow this  
SenatorRock

Rough week for VA Gov (Dem), Yearbook pic of blackface & KKK

This Robert Byrd? Not a Hillary fan either but I would say Sen Byrd was an ok fella and has done more for civil rights in this country than most.

In 2010, even the NAACP released a statement honoring Senator Byrd and mourning his passing:

The NAACP is saddened by the passing of United States Senator Robert Byrd. Byrd, the longest serving member of congress was first elected to the U.S. House from [West Virginia] in 1952 and was elected Senator in 1958. Byrd passed away this morning at the age of 92.

“Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation,” stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. “Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.

“Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card. He stood with us on many issues of crucial importance to our members from the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation,” stated Hilary O. Shelton, Director of the NAACP Washington Bureau and Senior Vice President for Advocacy and Policy. “Senator Byrd was a master of the Senate Rules, and helped strategize passage of legislation that helped millions of Americans. He will be sorely missed.”

Wow he got an award. That's cool. So did Trump the Ellis Island Medal and he was never actually part of the KKK like Democrat Senator Byrd.

Just to be clear. Democrats are actual KKK members. But he's super sorry about that.

Buford is in here defending KKK Grand Dragons.

Let that sink in.

None of these stories will take off on Reddit because lefties are downvoting everything. It isnt Conservatives, its crazy. They are quite literally protecting racists.

Are we watching the self destruction of a political party?

VA loves their racists.

Wouldn't surprise me if we learn that the Charlottesville Nazis were actually Democrats.

Oh wait....

🤣

Buford is in here defending KKK Grand Dragons.

Let that sink in.

Hey it was a long time ago and he's super sorry. Like I said earlier in this thread as long as you're a democrat it doesn't matter.

Trump has made racists more comfortable about expressing themselves. That's what we've been told.

Why is everyone giving him a free pass on the fact that he drank BEER??? I thought it was well documented that drinking when you're younger is a heinous act? Did the righteous struggle against Kavanaugh fall on deaf ears?

Do you guys think he is black face or the KKK member? Im going with KKK. If it was blackface he wouldve admitted it and started the spin.

• Like 1

Why is everyone giving him a free pass on the fact that he drank BEER??? I thought it was well documented that drinking when you're younger is a heinous act? Did the righteous struggle against Kavanaugh fall on deaf ears?

I'm more concerned about that smirk in his yearbook photo. Talk about privilege.

Northam not resigning. Last night hes says its him in pic. Now it might not be. After talking to classmates, maybe pics got put on wrong pages.

Northam not resigning. Last night hes says its him in pic. Now it might not be. After talking to classmates, maybe pics got put on wrong pages.

Seems reasonable.

Not!

Northam now saying the people in the picture were two MAGA guys

conservatives!

How the hell does he not know if he was one of the guys in the picture...either you dressed like that or didn't. Or was it a blackface/klan costume party and he's not sure if that's him or someone else at the party?

This should be fun. Will those Dems that called for him to resign keep the heat on? Oh, I know, "let's not rush to judgment" or "wait for due process". They've scored their public virtue signaling points and can now circle the wagons.

Advocating for killing babies? He's ok. Blackface 35 years ago? Gotta go.

How the hell does he not know if he was one of the guys in the picture...either you dressed like that or didn't. Or was it a blackface/klan costume party and he's not sure if that's him or someone else at the party?

That's one thing Democrats do right and Trump Republicans do wrong.

When confronted with something don't say yes or no. Just say I don't remember or recall.

That's one thing Democrats do right and Trump Republicans do wrong.

When confronted with something don't say yes or no. Just say I don't remember or recall.

Democrats get a free pass from the Media when they do that.

If Trump did it, the Media would string him up.

That's what getting Trump people into trouble. The ones getting arrested didn't collude with Russia or do anything illegal other than at worst lie at best forget they met with someone.

If the FBI asks you if you had a turkey. Sandwich for lunch yesterday and you say no but you actually did. That's against the law. If you say you don't remember it's really hard to prove you actually do remember.

Apparently, he's been in black face so many times he's not sure if that particular instance is him or not?

Wow..

Apparently, he's been in black face so many times he's not sure if that particular instance is him or not?

Wow..

Yes. He "darkened" his face to be Michael Jackson one time at a dance comp.

Reporter: "Did you wear blackface while doing Michael Jackson"?

Gov: "No, I just put some shoe polish on my face"...LMAO

Regurgitate talking points, rince and repeat. :rolleyes:

CNN - 5 front page stories, 2 videos

Virginia Governor Won't Resign_Top Story

Analysis: Ralph Northam has to resign, even if he doesn't know it yet

Slate - 2 Stories

Why Hasn’t Ralph Northam Resigned Yet? - Top Story

Virginia and National Democrats Call on Northam to Quit

MSNBC

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam not expected to resign over racist photo - Top Story

Huff Post

GOV. LOSES IT: BLACKFACE ONLY ON *ANOTHER* DAY - Top Story

ABC News

VA Gov. Northam refuses to resign, denies he was in 'racist and despicable' photo

Virginia governor faces calls to resign after participating in 1984 racist photo

Regurgitate talking points, rince and repeat. :rolleyes:

We were talking about them claiming not to remember. Not so good at absorbing the conversation?

Nice job on the research though.

We were talking about them claiming not to remember. Not so good at absorbing the conversation?

Nice job on the research though.

I started that conversation...followed it fine. He's clearly not getting a free pass on anything.

Nice job on not admitting you are wrong.

Goddammn, you are dense.

I never claimed that he got a pass on being a baby murdering racist.

I said he got a pass on claiming that he can't remember things.

I started that conversation...followed it fine. He's clearly not getting a free pass on anything.

Nice job on not admitting you are wrong.

He got a free pass for the first 24 hours, until the DNC had their talking points and marching orders ready to go.

Yesterday they were silent.

But congrats on getting your marching orders.

A lot of confused black folks and minorities out there right now. This is a game changer.

This is akin to Trump saying he could shoot someone in the face and still get votes. (sorry if I mis-remembered exact quote). Nothing will change.

This is akin to Trump saying he could shoot someone in the face and still get votes. (sorry if I mis-remembered exact quote). Nothing will change.

One is an idiom. The other actually happened

Further explanation: when someone says "it hit me like a ton of bricks" They don't actually mean getting hit with a ton of bricks. Or "I don't mean to beat a dead horse" That doesn't actually mean they are hitting a horse that is dead.

I hope these examples help you in the future determining what is real and what is an idiom.

• Like 1

One is an idiom. The other actually happened

Further explanation: when someone says "it hit me like a ton of bricks" They don't actually mean getting hit with a ton of bricks. Or "I don't mean to beat a dead horse" That doesn't actually mean they are hitting a horse that is dead.

I hope these examples help you in the future determining what is real and what is an idiom.

Psst... I was making the point that this DID happen and we'll observe how they ignore it. Thanks for the lesson though.
  • Like 1