Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

NBC sent Muslim men to NASCAR races in 2000's to purposely demonize the sport

NBC was sending Muslim camera crews to NASCAR races in the mid-2000's to purposely paint NASCAR in a bad light at the height of its popularity. Crazy story, I had no idea this even happened. They've always been this way I guess.

NASCAR said it was "outrageous" that "Dateline NBC" targeted one of its race tracks last weekend for a possible segment on anti-Muslim sentiment in the United States.

NASCAR said NBC confirmed it was sending Muslim-looking men to a race, along with a camera crew to film fans' reactions. The NBC crew was "apparently on site in Martinsville, Va., walked around and no one bothered them," NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said Wednesday.

"It is outrageous that a news organization of NBC's stature would stoop to the level of going out to create news instead of reporting news," Poston said.

"Any legitimate journalist in America should be embarrassed by this stunt. The obvious intent by NBC was to evoke reaction, and we are confident our fans won't take the bait," he said.

NASCAR is in the final year of a broadcasting agreement with NBC Sports.

http://www.espn.com/racing/news/story?id=2398619&seriesId=2

This didn't get enough attention back in 2006.

I can't understand why people don't trust the Media?

Not sure but this is a 10/10 on the focked up meter. Why would you purposely demonize a sport that you just signed a multi-million dollar contract with?

Best part is nothing even happened. They never got anyone to take the bait.

10 years ago? Seriously? When the actual ? How hard is it to find something today?

Up next, Megyn Kelly on Fox News wonders out loud whether or not Obama fist bumping his wife was a terrorist fist bump!

You can tell the story is dated based on these quotes:

It is outrageous that a news organization of NBC's stature...

and

Any legitimate journalist in America should be embarrassed by this stunt.

This makes no sense, why would they do that? :huh:

Excellent question....... 12 years ago!!

And yet they had Trumps puzzy grab tape the whole time and didn't release that.

And yet they had Trumps puzzy grab tape the whole time and didn't release that.

I'm sure every network out there has some unreleased gossip hidden in a vault somewhere.

I'm sure every network out there has some unreleased gossip hidden in a vault somewhere.

And? What does that have to do with them sitting on the Trump tape until late in an election? Why didn't they release that tape when he declared?

And? What does that have to do with them sitting on the Trump tape until late in an election? Why didn't they release that tape when he declared?

Don't really know, don't really care. Wasn't really my point. I was just saying.

But if I were to take a guess at your questions....I would say they tried to release the tapes at a point when the most damage would be done. Obviously, it didn't work.

Don't really know, don't really care. Wasn't really my point. I was just saying.

But if I were to take a guess at your questions....I would say they tried to release the tapes at a point when the most damage would be done. Obviously, it didn't work.

I don't think that's it. No one thought Trump had a shot in the beginning. They kept them under wraps because they thought in the future they could do more business with Trump. Trump had their biggest show at one point. It was about the money. NBC is a rotten to the core business enterprise.

NBC was sending Muslim camera crews to NASCAR races in the mid-2000's to purposely paint NASCAR in a bad light at the height of its popularity. Crazy story, I had no idea this even happened. They've always been this way I guess.

http://www.espn.com/racing/news/story?id=2398619&seriesId=2

This didn't get enough attention back in 2006.

Not sure but this is a 10/10 on the focked up meter. Why would you purposely demonize a sport that you just signed a multi-million dollar contract with?

Best part is nothing even happened. They never got anyone to take the bait.

Such a short article...why did you stop right before the end?

"'Dateline' is looking into this story," NBC said in a statement. "We were intrigued by the results of a recent Washington Post/ABC News poll and other articles regarding increasing anti-Muslim sentiments in the United States.

"It's very early on in our news gathering process, but be assured we will be visiting a number of locations across the country and are confident that our reporting team is pursuing this story in a fair manner," it said.

So they thought there was a story, investigated it and then abandoned it when it turned out to be nothing...yeah, let's ramp up the fake outrage for this 2006 gem.

How does one look like a Muslim? And, the people are there to drink beer and watch cars go really fast. Why would any one of them give a crap about a news crew?

Now, if you want to get some reaction from a crowd of real losers, send a couple white guys wearing MAGA hats over to do interviews at the Oscars or Emmys. You could write stories for a year about the bloodshed that would come out of that.

So they thought there was a story, investigated it and then abandoned it when it turned out to be nothing...yeah, let's ramp up the fake outrage for this 2006 gem.

So the only reason it turned into nothing is because they couldnt get anyone to take the bait and thats suppose to mean its okay? Thats your take on this?
  • Like 1

It helps if your race baiters to provoke hostility from US fans, have them go out and spew anti-Amerian slurs then record the reaction.

From their quote that you provided: "It's very early on in our news gathering process, but be assured we will be visiting a number of locations across the country..."

Can you, or anyone really, provide any links to support their claim here? I didn't find any. I would be curious to see what their findings were.

So the only reason it turned into nothing is because they couldnt get anyone to take the bait and thats suppose to mean its okay? Thats your take on this?

We don't know why it turned into nothing, because there is scant information on it, so I'm not going to pass judgement on a news story that didn't happen 12 years ago.

From their quote that you provided: "It's very early on in our news gathering process, but be assured we will be visiting a number of locations across the country..."

Can you, or anyone really, provide any links to support their claim here? I didn't find any. I would be curious to see what their findings were.

I looked a bit too for that last night, but didn't find anything. I'm sure shows like Dateline, 60 Minutes start hundreds of stories that end up going nowhere. Start with a few preliminary questions, locations, interviews...and come to the conclusion it's a waste a walk away.

I for one am shocked to hear about anti Muslim sentiment among the NASCAR crowd.

According to the story, there was ZERO anti-muslim sentiment. That's why it went nowhere.

I can only imagine their disappointment, where in gods name will they get ratings if not this way??

According to the story, there was ZERO anti-muslim sentiment. That's why it went nowhere.

So they investigated, found nothing and dropped the story.

So they investigated, found nothing and dropped the story.

They didn't "investigate". They tried to create a story. Can you quit trolling, for once? FFS.