Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Can someone explain this nfl roy to me?

Giants went from 5 wins to...5 wins

Cleveland went from 0 wins to....7 wins.

Cleveland draft pick went from 1 to 17th

Giants went from 2nd to 6th.

Baker Mayfield won 5 rookie of the weeks

Saquon won ...1

Which position is harder to play as a rookie??

Rb or Qb?

Saquon is awesome for sure...but cmon...seriously?

ROY isn't an MVP award, it is for the best rookie player in the league. That was Saquan, Nelson was 2nd imo, and Baker should have been 3rd

What criteria?

Baker set the rookie td mark and didnt play 3 games...

Did saquon set rookie rushing mark?

What criteria?

well Ill just go ahead and go by statistics

Barkley was one of the 3 best RB's in the NFL this year, Barkley had over 2000 yards from scrim, 15 TD's and 90+ receptions, 2nd in the league in rushing, 3rd in rec for RB's

Baker was what the 22nd best QB in the league via Total QBR, 24th in completion %, 17th in yards, 11th in TD's, 5th most in INT's, 11th in YPA, 18th in rating

statistically its not even close

• Like 1

Giants went from 5 wins to...5 wins

Cleveland went from 0 wins to....7 wins.

Cleveland draft pick went from 1 to 17th

Giants went from 2nd to 6th.

Baker Mayfield won 5 rookie of the weeks

Saquon won ...1

Which position is harder to play as a rookie??

Rb or Qb?

Saquon is awesome for sure...but cmon...seriously?

Giants went from 3 wins to 5. Helps to get things right when dealing in facts and stuff.

Giants went from 3 wins to 5. Helps to get things right when dealing in facts and stuff.

I thought it was 5

Barkley was one of the 3 best RB's in the NFL this year, Barkley had over 2000 yards from scrim, 15 TD's and 90+ receptions, 2nd in the league in rushing, 3rd in rec for RB's

Baker was what the 22nd best QB in the league via Total QBR, 24th in completion %, 17th in yards, 11th in TD's, 5th most in INT's, 11th in YPA, 18th in rating

Eyes opened...nice look at the numbers...tyvm

• Like 1

I thought it was 5

The Browns are on the upswing. I would trade my roster for theirs in a heartbeat. Don't worry about silly things like individual awards. Brighter days are ahead.

By the end of the year, Baker Mayfield was the best rookie QB the NFL has seen since probably Peyton Manning. If ANY rookie QB was going to win this award in the 21st century, it'd be Baker Mayfield. If you can't give it to him, why even have this award?

Quick, who won ROY two years ago? Yeah, you don't know. That's because NGAF

By the end of the year, Baker Mayfield was the best rookie QB the NFL has seen since probably Peyton Manning. If ANY rookie QB was going to win this award in the 21st century, it'd be Baker Mayfield. If you can't give it to him, why even have this award?

your kidding right????????

Dak Prescott had a better rookie year than both of them going 13-3 starting every game as a 3rd round draft pick, had a 67.8% completion rate and a 25-4 td/int

Luck led team to 11-5 had 4400 yards and 28 tds

Wilson had 3100 yards passing another 500 rushing and 30 td's to 10 ints

Cam had 4000 yards passing another 700 rushing and 35 tds

RG3 had 3200 yards rushing, 800 passing 27 tds to only 5 ints

but yah you are close, I mean really, Baker was much better than any of them

sometimes I wonder if people just like to say stuff without even having anything to back it up

btw that Peyton guy you mentioned

3800 yards, 26 tds, 28 INTS

your kidding right????????

Dak Prescott had a better rookie year than both of them going 13-3 starting every game as a 3rd round draft pick, had a 67.8% completion rate and a 25-4 td/int

Luck led team to 11-5 had 4400 yards and 28 tds

Wilson had 3100 yards passing another 500 rushing and 30 td's to 10 ints

Cam had 4000 yards passing another 700 rushing and 35 tds

RG3 had 3200 yards rushing, 800 passing 27 tds to only 5 ints

but yah you are close, I mean really, Baker was much better than any of them

sometimes I wonder if people just like to say stuff without even having anything to back it up

btw that Peyton guy you mentioned

3800 yards, 26 tds, 28 INTS

None of them compare to what Baker Mayfield was doing. Baker was running the entire offense like a coach on the field by the end of his rookie season. Forget the stats, just LOOK at what he's doing.

None of them compare to what Baker Mayfield was doing. Baker was running the entire offense like a coach on the field by the end of his rookie season. Forget the stats, just LOOK at what he's doing.

No credit to Greg Williams?

you sure youre not a liberal? when defeated you move the goal posts

you dont think, Dak, Luck, and Cam were running the offense? And much better at that?

I don't care about stats, Baker makes me feel like hes better

you sure youre not a liberal? when defeated you move the goal posts

you dont think, Dak, Luck, and Cam were running the offense? And much better at that?

I don't care about stats, Baker makes me feel like hes better

I didn't move the goal posts. I was floored by Baker's mental processing by the end of the year. I'd say if anything you didn't understand my position.

Hard to argue against Barkley. Hes great.

But a rookie QB stepping up to make the Browns respectable 3 games into the season is a pretty big deal.

/thread

This made me laugh

It's Roy so it really doesn't matter, but eHr Mayfield did was far more impressive. Just last year a rookie rb lead the league in rushing. It's not nearly as difficult for a rookie rb to be among the league leaders as it is for a qb.