Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Night shift

He does pipefitting and can also do welding.

Hmmm.....So does Oldmaid. I wonder if they ever compare notes or work together.

If I am someone who lies or stretched the truth I wouldn't say I was 5'6.

If you can't figure out how much a Chicago pipefitter makes then I over estimated your Detective skills

If I am someone who lies or stretched the truth I wouldn't say I was 5'6.

If you can't figure out how much a Chicago pipefitter makes then I over estimated your Detective skills

:thumbsup:

Im not talking about driving home. Im talking about the work. Im surprised they would allow a pipefitter to work 98 hours in a week.

Theres laws against it Id imagine.

THE worst guard duty to pull in the military was 2 to 4 am.....you are pulled out of REM, and its pointless to try to get more sleep at 4AM....we used to call it the b!tch shift

Theres laws against it Id imagine.

There aren't any laws against how many hours in a day a company can pay someone. There are emergency situations where people get paid around the clock for days on end.

There aren't any laws against how many hours in a day a company can pay someone. There are emergency situations where people get paid around the clock for days on end.

Depends on the state.

HTH

You have a wife and kids right? If I was you I wouldnt take it. It was great when I was single. Wife does it and its fine. But with kids Id say hell no

No he cheated on wife and has a side piece

You mean, like a derringer?

no like a spinner

THE worst guard duty to pull in the military was 2 to 4 am.....you are pulled out of REM, and its pointless to try to get more sleep at 4AM....we used to call it the b!tch shift

Word.

That sounds pretty terrible. What time would you go to sleep the night before?

The last night shift where I was going 930 pm to 930 am was pretty horrible. It had been about a week and a half where I couldn't sleep during the day. They needed someone to literally sit there and watch some gauges, so they chose me. I fell asleep so many times for a second or two. It was miserable.

She's my gf, I am almost finalized with divorce

Ooh ok. I guess it all depends on if you have kids (at least ones living with you) and if your gf lives with you. My wife works nights and it works out fine with us. But the salary you said you make I dont think I would trade away my lifestyle for only an extra $200 a week. Unless the night shift work is a lot easier I would still pass on it.

Ooh ok. I guess it all depends on if you have kids (at least ones living with you) and if your gf lives with you. My wife works nights and it works out fine with us. But the salary you said you make I dont think I would trade away my lifestyle for only an extra $200 a week. Unless the night shift work is a lot easier I would still pass on it.

The work is the same. I would be working 14 hours a shift no matter what, so pretty much no life either way. I turned it down because as bad as working that many hours is, its just that much rougher on nights. Some people love that shift, I usually avoid it like the plague.

The work is the same. I would be working 14 hours a shift no matter what, so pretty much no life either way. I turned it down because as bad as working that many hours is, its just that much rougher on nights. Some people love that shift, I usually avoid it like the plague.

That seems like a good idea. One thing that we see in construction sites or 24x7 jobs is that the guys on 2nd shift are less experienced, require more supervision and they have more accidents. If you were to be the foreman, you would want to take that into account as well.