Torn

Now that the Super Bowl is over... 2019 Roll Call

... it's time to start looking towards the next Fantasy Baseball season!

I have received some sad news that JMU88 and Tucker will not be rejoining this season, so we are down two managers.

So, I'd like to see how deep of a hole we are in and take a roll call for the remaining managers.

If you happen to know a possible replacement or two, please let me/us know! Referrals are always the preferred way to bring someone new into the mix.

IN:

Torn, Ghost, Happyharry, Strombn, Kysar, WhiteWonder, Godfather, Gratefulted (via text), Vargavpugh (via text), Talent Scout

OUT:

JMU88, Tucker

In

Thanks to everyone for getting back to me. 

At this point, we have a bottom line and we’re going to need to find replacements for the JMU88 and Tucker father son combo. 

I’ve reached out to Posty to see if he’d like to come out of retirement. I’m hopeful he’ll be interested. 

If anyone has other ideas for a replacement, please let us know. As noted,  referrals are always the preferred way to find replacements. If we need to, we can post to a board to find someone.

Looking forward to the season (and the end of winter)!

I e-spoke with Posty yesterday and, unfortunately, he will not be able to return this season due to some real life matters that will limit his time. On the bright side, he still plans to check in occasionally and will try to help out as he has done in the past.

So, we are definitely in need of 2 new managers. I'll give it a week or so for anyone to reach out to friends or managers from other leagues they may be in. After that, we may have to go to a general board to recruit and hope for the best. 

If no-one has any options for us, does anyone know of a good forum that we can recruit at? If we go this route, I'd like to at least use a reputable site where some solid FB discussions and knowledgeable folks hang out.

OK, looks like we're in "cast a net" mode to find new managers. 

Talent Scout gave me a name yesterday (nobody he personally knows) and I reached out to him, but no reply yet.

I've established a post on the Rotoworld "FB League Finder" forum. I'm hoping that bears fruit.

Gratefulted - if you had some options, please reach out to them. Don't want to get to March 8 without 12 managers if at all possible.

23 minutes ago, Torn said:

OK, looks like we're in "cast a net" mode to find new managers. 

Talent Scout gave me a name yesterday (nobody he personally knows) and I reached out to him, but no reply yet.

I've established a post on the Rotoworld "FB League Finder" forum. I'm hoping that bears fruit.

Gratefulted - if you had some options, please reach out to them. Don't want to get to March 8 without 12 managers if at all possible.

I am just wondering, with you guys starting March 8, will you be able to be finished before the Japan Series on March 20-21?

If we don't find 2 new managers by then, it's a long shot to be honest.

I'm already thinking this will be "take one of the orphans and let's get moving" as opposed to a 2 team keeper draft for new owners. 

If we can get 2 new managers, keepers declared and draft order set by Mar 8, I think we'll be tight, but good. If all 3 are not done, we'll have a fire drill on our hands.