Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Trump voters are just now realizing his tax cuts only benefitted the rich.

15 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Legit question here...If I physically go to Wisconsin, find this woman and take a physical picture with her, would you then admit she was real? I’m being completely serious here. 

Go read their tweets, no one tweets like that. It’s consistently repititve, always the same thing. There was a run of 2-3 years on their account just posting IG links and the occasional link for a giveaway or some other shady websites. It’s likely a person and it could be the woman in the photo using a website like hootsuite.com and has all these different social accounts connected to it. My guess it’s some kind of connection to bosschicks.com as seen in Angies second ever tweet. 

its probably some lady, likely PAGA or whatever and she sells some pyramid scheme skin care products on her IG account, and she uses twitter bots to occasionally push URLs and the occasional semi realistic tweets to keep doofuses like you confused. Which is why she has over 2,000 IG photos likely pushing some kind of product. I sent her a request to follow so I’ll let you know. One thing I know is both those accounts send up every red flag there is for a bot account. 

This stuff was mocked up when they first passed the legislation. Not surprised.

It was designed for millionaires by millionaires what do you expect?

20 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Of course I believe the tweets.

Sad.  Now your just doubling down on stupid.  I posed a legit question for you to legitimize the tweets, but you told me I was taking it too serious. So you believe them, but cant back up how they can be true.  Yes, you got slapped. 

Simple stupidity...My  brother does this stupid crap.  Your tax refund is NOT the only component of your damn taxes.  He was going on about hos his refund was lower, and its all Trumps fault and so on and so on..

Told him to compare his total taxes paid year to year(his income was similar) and WOW..he paid LESS in taxes.   I don't understand how people can be so fundamentally stupid, but yet, there they are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Simple stupidity...My  brother does this stupid crap.  Your tax refund is NOT the only component of your damn taxes.  He was going on about hos his refund was lower, and its all Trumps fault and so on and so on..

Told him to compare his total taxes paid year to year(his income was similar) and WOW..he paid LESS in taxes.   I don't understand how people can be so fundamentally stupid, but yet, there they are.

The media is selling the "refund" angle.  As if a "refund" is indicative of anything other than how much you overpaid your tax burden. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The media is selling the "refund" angle.  As if a "refund" is indicative of anything other than how much you overpaid your tax burden. 

Seems everyone of those tweets was whining about the refund amounts...Which means nothing.  

8 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

90sbaby won this thread better than Drobeski ever has. :thumbsup:

I won this thread 

Thanks sux

Update:

Still waiting on gatapagan to accept my follow so I can screenshot her main page and rub my balls all over tana some more. 

Stupid conversation. Varies from one individual situation to the other. 

But by the GOP and CBO own projections, reduces tax revenue by 1.5 trillion dollars.

We're spending like drunken sailors and cutting revenue at the same time. Some day that bills going to come due.

44 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Stupid conversation. Varies from one individual situation to the other. 

But by the GOP and CBO own projections, reduces tax revenue by 1.5 trillion dollars.

We're spending like drunken sailors and cutting revenue at the same time. Some day that bills going to come due.

No, it won't 

Just ran across this:

11 Million Taxpayers lose out on 323 Billion in Tax Deductions

The deduction wallop detailed in the government report centers on capped deductions for state and local taxes — including real estate taxes. Formerly, all  local taxes could be deducted from federal taxes; now it’s capped at $10,000, which particularly hurts homeowners in major metropolitan areas — especially in the Northeast and California — where housing tends to be more expensive. 

The cap was imposed to help pay for huge tax cuts to corporations, whose tax rates were slashed from 35 percent to 21 percent.

The deduction hit is so staggering that it could end up swamping modest gains taxpayers had expected to enjoy due to tax cuts. 

The figures were revealed in an audit conducted by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration that examined Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s efforts to block local governments’ attempts to stop the federal government from taking an extra bite out of community...

50 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Perhaps those states should lower their state/local taxes. 

Well, I live in one of those states that pays more to the Federal gubmint than we get back. I would rather pay local taxes than the shiot the Fed spends stuff on.

14 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Well, I live in one of those states that pays more to the Federal gubmint than we get back. I would rather pay local taxes than the shiot the Fed spends stuff on.

Funny how states with super high property taxes allow their citizens to write off 2 to 3x than other states then claim to pay more than they get back. 

13 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Funny how states with super high property taxes allow their citizens to write off 2 to 3x than other states then claim to pay more than they get back. 

Look it up. MA residents pay more in Federal taxes than the Fed gives back to our state. That is AFTER write offs. 

http://www.governing.com/week-in-finance/gov-taxpayers-10-states-give-more-feds-than-get-back.html?AMP

You bring this up all the time and you are wrong on it all the time.

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Look it up. MA residents pay more in Federal taxes than the Fed gives back to our state. That is AFTER write offs. 

Consistently, the reddest most 'anti welfare' states are notorious net TAKERS from other states. 

I'm looking at you, AL,MS,WV

57 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Consistently, the reddest most 'anti welfare' states are notorious net TAKERS from other states. 

I'm looking at you, AL,MS,WV

Except when you break down those states, you'll find that the biggest takers in each state are the blue cities/counties.  In those red states, most of those on the welfare roll are Democrat voters.

Everyone got a tax cut. The returns don’t mean anything. People at the highest brackets got the biggest break. And the GOP will wait until our next Democratic President before becoming deficit hawks again and they’ll push cuts to Social Security / Medicare etc. to cut the deficits they helped create. Rinse wash repeat.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Except when you break down those states, you'll find that the biggest takers in each state are the blue cities/counties.  In those red states, most of those on the welfare roll are Democrat voters.

You just make shiit up?

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Everyone got a tax cut. The returns don’t mean anything. People at the highest brackets got the biggest break. And the GOP will wait until our next Democratic President before becoming deficit hawks again and they’ll push cuts to Social Security / Medicare etc. to cut the deficits they helped create. Rinse wash repeat.

under Trump's tax law, the corporate breaks are permanent, however, the individual tax breaks expire coincidentally the first year he's out of office. Assuming 2022 win of course.

5 hours ago, wiffleball said:

under Trump's tax law, the corporate breaks are permanent, however, the individual tax breaks expire coincidentally the first year he's out of office. Assuming 2022 win of course.

Is that how Enron did ut? 

My effective tax rate the last 3 years. 

2018   15.6%

2017   16.8%

2016   15.8%

Effective tax rate might be the wrong term.  I'm coming to the %'s by subtracting my tax refund from tax withheld then dividing by taxable income.

i.e.  (tax withheld - tax return)/taxable income.

18 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

http://www.governing.com/week-in-finance/gov-taxpayers-10-states-give-more-feds-than-get-back.html?AMP

You bring this up all the time and you are wrong on it all the time.

Move out of that sh!thole?

17 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

There's also this: http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/17/red-states-tax-takers-blue-states-tax-makers/

Which shows that the whole narrative by the left of this Blue State vs Red State is quite different than what they claim.

Yep, they love to point to federal spending vs federal receipts while conveniently ignoring the reality that their federal tax burden was lowered by high state taxes.  And those state taxes more than make up the so called "donor disparity" b.s. 

My adjusted gross income increased $1,423

My taxable income increased $6,570 - I was not able to itemize so I could not deduct my Mortgage.  

My tax increased $325

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

My adjusted gross income increased $1,423

My taxable income increased $6,570 - I was not able to itemize so I could not deduct my Mortgage.  

My tax increased $325

Doubt it. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Doubt it. 

I could have itemized and paid more taxes than taking the standard deduction.  What do you doubt?

3 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I could have itemized and paid more taxes than taking the standard deduction.  What do you doubt?

I doubt you paid more in taxes in 2018 than 2017 with only a slight increase in income. Your tax bill is more than your return. Did your take home in your paychecks increase? 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I doubt you paid more in taxes in 2018 than 2017 with only a slight increase in income. Your tax bill is more than your return. Did your take home in your paychecks increase? 

Those numbers are straight off my 2017 and 2018 returns.  I filed my taxes this year and got my refund a month ago.  My refund was much less than it was last year but I was paid more each paycheck in 2018 as well.  I accounted for all of this.  The numbers in the post above are correct.

I got $3,040 return in 2017 and $1,252 this year.  3040 - 1252 = $1,788.

With holding from 2017 to 2018 difference was $1,463

1788 - 1463 = $325 which is the increase in tax I paid.  

My take home pay went up last year, thus making my income tax return less than last year.  Trump never hid the fact this was going to happen. he wanted people to have more money and stimulate the economy.  And it worked. 

8 hours ago, joneo said:

My take home pay went up last year, thus making my income tax return less than last year.  Trump never hid the fact this was going to happen. he wanted people to have more money and stimulate the economy.  And it worked. 

what?

i took home a higher % in my paycheck, thus resulting in less to claim as a return on my taxes.