Sign in to follow this  
AOC and the "Green New Deal"...

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Well wonder no more.

except for the simplistic, myopic minds of a few here who can't handle anything  beyond binary reasoning; being anti-Trump does not make one necessarily a democrat.

Just smart.

Please regale us with how being anti-Trump is smart. How has hating the existence of the leader of your country proven you smart?

I can (and have) pointed out dozens of your posts where you ignore the facts and actually look quite dumb. Your repeated claims Hillary was actually investigated would be a prime example.

11 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

RUH ROH

A couple important notes... 

1. Who is the hot chick in the clip? :wub:

2. I think that's the first time I actually heard AOC's voice. Not terribly surprised that it as grating as her crazy ideological policies. 

Someone get the can of bich be gone and get this over with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Someone get the can of bich be gone and get this over with. 

Sadly I think this one's around to stay a while. We will see her run for president some day. Shell lose, but we will see her run. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Sadly I think this one's around to stay a while. We will see her run for president some day. Shell lose, but we will see her run. 

sexist anti-latin-Xist

18 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

RUH ROH

She is a fvcking wacko. It's amazing how stupid the voters can prove to be. 

Anyone who has to say "like" as much as she does shouldn't be taken seriously. And she was a part time bartender years after finishing college. Some might call that "loser". 

7 hours ago, sderk said:

She is a fvcking wacko. It's amazing how stupid the voters can prove to be. 

Probably cause they get all their information from Fox News.

Business Insider

What the experts say

While legal experts say there's no evidence that the team committed serious campaign finance violations, some say there may be cause for further investigation.

Bradley Smith, a Republican former chairman of the Federal Election Commission, said the biggest issue is that the PACs and the LLC didn't adequately disclose what they spent money on.

Smith argued there's a possibility that the LLC sold its services to Ocasio-Cortez's campaign at below-market rates and was then reimbursed by the PACs. And this, he said, would amount to an independent expenditure on behalf of the campaign, or an in-kind contribution, that exceeded legal limits.

"Somehow they've got to account for that," Smith told INSIDER. "It looks like large contributions in excess of the legal limits to the Ocasio-Cortez campaign and other campaigns."

But other experts, including Brendan Fischer of the Campaign Legal Center, say the allegations are "speculative" and that there's no evidence that the PACs improperly subsidized work for the campaign.

He and other election law experts say the lack of disclosure by Ocasio-Cortez's team is the fault of relatively lax laws governing reporting on payments to so-called sub-vendors.

Because the FEC doesn't require it, the LLC didn't have to list how it used the money paid to it by the PACs.

"More transparency when a campaign pays a consulting firm for work would be a great thing," Paul Ryan, a campaign finance expert at the nonpartisan watchdog group Common Cause, told INSIDER. But he added, "We don't have that information, as the public, because the law doesn't require it. It's not the case that we lack that information because these particular political players failed to comply with disclosure requirements."

Mitrani wrote in his statement, "if the PACs and campaigns were required to provide additional information on sub-vendor payments made by Brand New Congress LLC, it would have done so."

What does need to be disclosed is what PACs and campaigns hire vendors for — labeling what specific work the LLC was paid for as a vendor for the two PACs and Ocasio-Cortez's campaign.

Fischer and Ryan say that if Ocasio-Cortez and her team did, in fact, mislabel payments (that were not "strategic consulting"), the FEC would consider that to be a minor violation that could result in a fine — not jail time.

"There are phrases on the FEC's approved list of phrases that should be used to describe fundraising activities and phone-banking activities. 'Strategic consulting' is not some magic phrase that covers everything," Ryan said. "But in the grand scheme of things, the FEC would consider such an inaccurate description of the purpose of a disbursement as a very minor violation."

During her campaign and while in Congress, Ocasio-Cortez raised awareness about the corrupting influence of money in politics, and some say her team could have done more to shed light on their own operations.

"There are certainly ways that Brand New Congress could have structured this to be more transparent," Fischer said, adding that the set-up "put them in the situation where they could come close to skirting the line."

While Smith said he's confident the FEC will pursue an investigation, Ryan said he doesn't believe the complaint contains sufficient evidence to satisfy the legal standard for a probe.

"Most lawyers would agree that in a complaint you have to show some evidence that the law was violated," Ryan said.

keep us informed of all the charges...TIA

Get over Fox News libs. The right moved on to Breitbart. Tucker and Gutfeld are the only Fox guys being listened to by anyone under 80. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Probably cause they get all their information from Fox News.

keep us informed of all the charges...TIA

So now libs want evidence to launch investigations?

She is the leftist version of Trump, nothing will stick to her

Cortez was part of a group that was fed nonsense her entire life and actually believed it. Now the left is dealing with the monster they created. And they are losing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Clearly she has hateful thoughts, and has been taught a revisionist version of history predicated on hate and envy. I wonder how she will balance her own success against the ideology of victim hood.  The left eats it own, she has a walk a fine line. She reminds me a little of Pol Pot

• Like 2

What inspired people to actually go out and vote for this schmuck? But I sometimes do enjoy the infighting in the dem party these days. 

3 hours ago, sderk said:

What inspired people to actually go out and vote for this schmuck? But I sometimes do enjoy the infighting in the dem party these days. 

The same thing that inspired people to vote for trump. You had a stuff shirt establishment shill on the other side who had spent years promising much and delivering nothing.

So voters said "fock it, let's try something different." 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The same thing that inspired people to vote for trump. You had a stuff shirt establishment shill on the other side who had spent years promising much and delivering nothing.

Yep, pretty much.

59 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Well, in AOC's case she got like a few hundred votes from the people in her district who bothered to vote.  Well, not her district really.  Anyway, libs nationwide are equating this to the populism of Trump.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Well, in AOC's case she got like a few hundred votes from the people in her district who bothered to vote.  Well, not her district really.  Anyway, libs nationwide are equating this to the populism of Trump.

It's a branch of the same antiestablishment tree, although yes, a much smaller branch.

The Dems primary process is gonna be a complete circus. I'm dreading election season, even from afar. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It's a branch of the same antiestablishment tree, although yes, a much smaller branch.

The Dems primary process is gonna be a complete circus. I'm dreading election season, even from afar. 

I've already started getting election survey robocalls.  It's becoming as bad as Xmas season.  Just keeps starting earlier and earlier every cycle.

😫

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

I've already started getting election survey robocalls.  It's becoming as bad as Xmas season.  Just keeps starting earlier and earlier every cycle.

😫

I was living in Florida during the 2004 election. It was insane. People rapping on your car window at traffic lights, people coming to your door daily.

I put a sign on my door that i was not a Florida resident and could not vote in Florida so they'd go away. 

And every time bush or Kerry came to town (weekly) traffic was focked.

It sucked. 

11 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I concur that AOC is something of a reaction to Trump.

What kind of kvnt move is simply voting "present" while also saying they support the framework? 

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

something out of the communist manifesto and unicorn land.

:lol:

2 hours ago, RaiderHater's Revenge said:

Ed Markey co-wrote the thing (presumably the parts not written in crayon) and yet in the end, he wouldn't even vote for it himself.