Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Are you ready for some Football???? AAF style??

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, kutulu said:

Got my draft in 30 minutes 

Christian Hackenberg #1 ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rules sound pretty good, San Diego has a team

I like this, no kickoffs, if a team is down 17 or under 5 mins in 4th Q, after a score, the team can chose to take the ball at their 28 yard line and its 4th and 12, they get one shot to convert.  Seems like a pretty good idea

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Never heard of this until this thread and apparently Orlando has a team. 

The Rage

 

sounds Ghey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RaiderHater's Revenge said:

huh, 

Orlando Apollos

Arizona Hotshots

San Diego Fleet

Atlanta Legends

Memphis Express

Salt Lake Stallions

San Antonio Commanders

Birmingham Iron

Orlando Apollos is actually a really cool team name.

SD Fleet is cool too. 

Arizona Hotshots & Atlanta Legends is cringe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Boomer and Gio this morning Gio said the Orlando team was named The Rage. Maybe it was a joke and I took it as real. :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shotsup said:

On Boomer and Gio this morning Gio said the Orlando team was named The Rage. Maybe it was a joke and I took it as real. :mad:

Rage was name of the XFL team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Rage was name of the XFL team.

Thanks for the clarification!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read that all the games are on basic CBS channel, just regional.  Since the Saturday games are on at the same time, you'll need CBS all access to watch the non-regional game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RaiderHater's Revenge said:

Rules sound pretty good, San Diego has a team

I like this, no kickoffs, if a team is down 17 or under 5 mins in 4th Q, after a score, the team can chose to take the ball at their 28 yard line and its 4th and 12, they get one shot to convert.  Seems like a pretty good idea

 

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of a coin toss, do they determine first possession by who can smack their girlfriend the farthest?  Open hand only to keep it civilized. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People in Phoenix are actually talking about this.  They are playing at Sun Devil Stadium.  Hell, I'll give it a shot.  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I’m actually looking forward to the game. Anyone else going to watch? 

I will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

You’re zoned for the Fleet game?

 

BDEB3EF1-0510-4072-8F39-5F29B37AF70A.jpeg

Yes. Fleet/Commanders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Referee uniforms are ridiculous.  

True. Looks like they are wearing bulletproof vests

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orlando looking good and I’m enjoying the game, doesn’t feel gimmicky at all. I also don’t really miss kickoffs. 

 

The Orlando uniforms looks really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I dont see Kaepernick on a roster.  I would be chomping at the bit to show my talent and why I should be on an NFL roster. 

they have a no kneeling and no look at me policy

this league is for people who actually just want to play football, which is why I am attempting to support it, ordered a Fleet T-Shirt

6AAAJCFG-A8A_g.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 11:45 AM, jerryskids said:

People in Phoenix are actually talking about this.  They are playing at Sun Devil Stadium.  Hell, I'll give it a shot.  👍

Sounds pretty cool, report back.

And to 90s, Hotshots is a pretty fitting name for AZ, it is a nod to the wildland firefighters and guys who jump out of planes into forest fires so that yuppies don't get their homes burned down.

Also a nice tribute to the guys who lost their lives in the fire near Prescott a few years back.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SenatorRock said:

Sounds pretty cool, report back.

And to 90s, Hotshots is a pretty fitting name for AZ, it is a nod to the wildland firefighters and guys who jump out of planes into forest fires so that yuppies don't get their homes burned down.

Also a nice tribute to the guys who lost their lives in the fire near Prescott a few years back.

I just think it’s a little elementary when a teams name proclaims themselves to be the best. Arizona Allstars, Arizona Elites,  stuff like that yuck. Arizona Stampede would’ve been better. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I just think it’s a little elementary when a teams name proclaims themselves to be the best. Arizona Allstars, Arizona Elites,  stuff like that yuck. Arizona Stampede would’ve been better. 

go watch the movie Hot Shots and get back to us

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I just think it’s a little elementary when a teams name proclaims themselves to be the best. Arizona Allstars, Arizona Elites,  stuff like that yuck. Arizona Stampede would’ve been better. 

It is as if you didn't even read my post. I agree, calling them the All Stars or Elites would be stupid.

Hotshots is in reference and tribute to this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarnell_Hill_Fire

 

This is their logo:

AAF+Arizona+Hotshots+Logo.png?token=rZQM

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×